• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+, LL, LL+ - Can you book the a LL or LL+ for a 2nd Park before entering that park with a ParkHopper ticket?

wammers2003

Mouseketeer
Can you book a LL or LL+ for a 2nd Park before entering that park with a ParkHopper ticket?

Example. Primary park reservation is for Hollywood Studios. Can I book LL for Soar'n or LL+ for Remi after 2:00p if I plan to ParkHop to Epcot, or do you need to be in that 2nd park?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've read that people are able to book rides in other parks after 2 pm, without being in that park.

Can you book a LL or LL+ for a 2nd Park before entering that park with a ParkHopper ticket?

Example. Primary park reservation is for Hollywood Studios. Can I book LL for Soar'n or LL+ for Remi after 2:00p if I plan to ParkHop to Epcot, or do you need to be in that 2nd park?

Thanks!
Touring Plans tested this out and they were able to make ILL$ and G+ reservations for after 2:00 PM at a 2nd park. The app would only show them availability for after 2 PM, even if they were making their reservation at 7 AM.

I watched a video last night from Touring Plans after they had people in the parks all day testing, and they said that you can always make a selection (either LL or ILL) in a different park, but the return time will always be after 2 pm. Obviously you wouldn't be able to make any other LL selections in the park you're in earlier. And an example they mentioned was AK opening at 8 am and Epcot not until 10, if you have a reservation for AK then you can make an ILL selection for Remy starting at 8 am.

Yes, you most certainly can. When you do so it will only open up time slots 2pm or later for ILLs. This is a great strategy for those park hopping.

Guests have the option to rope drop/standby all morning, take a mid day break and walk into their second park with two ILLs and a G+ waiting on them.

I believe more testing is going on today about the viability of stacking more G+ as well. Meaning, theoretically and what more testing is being done today on, is....

Rope drop at one park in the AM and only use standby
Make your first G+ prior to park open
Make both of your ILLs for the afternoon at the park you plan to hop to
Make another G+ tat the park you plan to hop to two hours after the park opens (11 am)
Make another one at the park you plan to hop to two hours after that (1 pm)

I’m curious if anyone has tested this out as an offsite guest. Disney has stated that ILL$ can be made at the time of park opening for offsite guests. But which park? The park you have a reservation for? Or the park you’re buying the ride for?

Example, if I’m offsite and have a park pass for MK, at what time can I buy ILL$ for Remy? When MK opens or when Epcot opens?

Brooke MacDonald on Instagram did this. She actually went to all four parks yesterday.
I recommend following her to see how that turned out.

You will make ILLs at opening time for the park you have a reservation for. However, I don't know how it works if you want ILLs at a different park. Your selections would be after 2 PM only but I don't know if they become available at MK or epcot opening. According to Touring Plans as noted above, it'd be MK opening if you have a MK reservation.

Example, if I’m offsite and have a park pass for MK, at what time can I buy ILL$ for Remy? When MK opens or when Epcot opens?
I would think to make an I$LL for Remy, it would be at the Epcot opening time even if you will be at MK earlier. Otherwise, it would give hoppers a significant advantage over those with a park reservation for Epcot.

I would think to make an I$LL for Remy, it would be at the Epcot opening time even if you will be at MK earlier. Otherwise, it would give hoppers a significant advantage over those with a park reservation for Epcot.
Good point. I’ll be curious to hear from someone who actually does it. Probably a moot point anyways since the VQ seems to be lasting well past 2pm and the ILL$ passes aren’t selling out, at least so far.

For regular Genie+ LL reservations (not paid ILL rides) what happens if you have a reservation in MK and want to book a Genie+ reservation in a park you're planning on hopping to if the return times haven't yet hit 2pm? Does it just not show up an an option? Does is automatically offer you a post-2pm time? Don't think I've seen a post on that.

For regular Genie+ LL reservations (not paid ILL rides) what happens if you have a reservation in MK and want to book a Genie+ reservation in a park you're planning on hopping to if the return times haven't yet hit 2pm? Does it just not show up an an option? Does is automatically offer you a post-2pm time? Don't think I've seen a post on that.
Yup… just a few posts up 😉
Yes, you most certainly can. When you do so it will only open up time slots 2pm or later for ILLs. This is a great strategy for those park hopping.

Guests have the option to rope drop/standby all morning, take a mid day break and walk into their second park with two ILLs and a G+ waiting on them.

I believe more testing is going on today about the viability of stacking more G+ as well. Meaning, theoretically and what more testing is being done today on, is....

Rope drop at one park in the AM and only use standby
Make your first G+ prior to park open
Make both of your ILLs for the afternoon at the park you plan to hop to
Make another G+ tat the park you plan to hop to two hours after the park opens (11 am)
Make another one at the park you plan to hop to two hours after that (1 pm)

Yup… just a few posts up 😉

My concern was that he specifically mentioned it opens up ILL spots after 2pm. That part I knew because ILLs are booked at a time guests select. The issue was with non-ILL spots. I've seen posts like this that talk about it in theory but have not seen a single post confirming from someone who has tried it that you can book a regular LL ride at a different park after 2pm if that ride's distribution time has not yet reached 2pm.

Yes, if do not have park reservations, G+ windows will open up starting at 2pm.

Add that park you plan to hop to on to your Tip Board in MDX

My concern was that he specifically mentioned it opens up ILL spots after 2pm. That part I knew because ILLs are booked at a time guests select. The issue was with non-ILL spots. I've seen posts like this that talk about it in theory but have not seen a single post confirming from someone who has tried it that you can book a regular LL ride at a different park after 2pm if that ride's distribution time has not yet reached 2pm.
Yes, touring plans confirmed this yesterday. Non-ILL$ times started at 2 for the park you didn’t have a reservation in, even if the times for people in the park were earlier than that.

Note that they expect some changes in the future, because this inadvertently seemed to have opened a loophole where you could conceivably stack genie+ reservations for your second park. (Making 1 every 2 hours.)

Yes, touring plans confirmed this yesterday. Non-ILL$ times started at 2 for the park you didn’t have a reservation in, even if the times for people in the park were earlier than that.

Note that they expect some changes in the future, because this inadvertently seemed to have opened a loophole where you could conceivably stack genie+ reservations for your second park. (Making 1 every 2 hours.)
I wonder if they can plug the loophole without creating a problem elsewhere? There would have to be widespread use of it to seriously impact other guests to the degree that it needs to be addressed.

I wonder if they can plug the loophole without creating a problem elsewhere? There would have to be widespread use of it to seriously impact other guests to the degree that it needs to be addressed.
Yup - definitely a loophole but might be a necessary one. You can make argument either for keeping it as is or making it so you can't get your FP in the 2nd park until a distribution hits 2pm. Although I'm surprised they did it this way. I would have thought they'd do it the other way so as not to disturb the sequential distribution. I can see in more crowded times distribution times inching up from 12-2 and then when it hits 2pm being a big jump due to all of the hoppers that were booking the post-2pm times earlier in the day. But for now I can see a good strategy being doing one park from rope drop to about 1pm focusing on lower wait time rides while building up some LLs for your 2nd park. Can't do that well with your first park as easily due to return times being relatively quick in the future (for all but DHS).

I'm trying to understand the loophole. Given I'm in AK and then I will park hop to MK. So at 7am (onsite guest) I grab Safari for AK and get say 9:30. Then at 11:30, I grab Big Thunder for MK, then at 1:30 I grab Pirates for MK - I have two G+ for the hopper park before I arrive at 2 pm.

I'm trying to understand the loophole. Given I'm in AK and then I will park hop to MK. So at 7am (onsite guest) I grab Safari for AK and get say 9:30. Then at 11:30, I grab Big Thunder for MK, then at 1:30 I grab Pirates for MK - I have two G+ for the hopper park before I arrive at 2 pm.

Loophole is this:

If AK is your first park do not make any LL selections for it. Show up and do standby only. As an onsite guest you can start booking at 7:00am. In you MDX add MK as your park hop of choice. At 7:00am you can start booking LL's for MK. It will know it is your park hop so it will only offer you next available slots after 2:00pm. So in this situation you can buy 2 ILL's and book 1 LL at 7:00am for MK. At 11:00am you can then book another LL for MK, and then another one at 1:00pm. That is now 5 attractions booked. Once in MK you can then book your 6th LL at 3:00pm.

Key here is do not book anything for your first park that you have a reservation with that day. Only use standby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter