• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie +/Lightning Lane worth the extra $$?

garrity2001

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm wondering if purchasing the Genie +/individual Lightning Lane purchases are worth the extra cost. We are visiting in June and I know it will be much busier then. I'd like to optimize our time but I also don't want to purchase the extra features if we won't need them after all. I'd love your guys' input! Thanks!

There are multipage treads on this forum discussing this topic... its a matter of opinion. My 2 cents -- in June it will be worth it for MK & DHS.

Hello! I'm wondering if purchasing the Genie +/individual Lightning Lane purchases are worth the extra cost. We are visiting in June and I know it will be much busier then. I'd like to optimize our time but I also don't want to purchase the extra features if we won't need them after all. I'd love your guys' input! Thanks!
I think now is a great time to read through the threads regarding experiences happening right now. It's likely going to be much busier now through early January than it will be in June - so it should be an opportunity to find out first-hand what folks are seeing. Some reports are favorable. Some reports think it's a waste. Some reports are focused on the technical glitches that Disney IT appears to be struggling with - that might be better by June. So the answer to your question is a big 'maybe'!

We just got back. YMMV, but I think Genie+ is only valuable on slightly busy days. If is crowded, they all get booked up in the morning and there's no availability left after your 1st or 2nd selection (see threads about last week). If it's not crowded, you don't need it anyways. I purchased it for HS and Epcot, chose not to at AK or MK (we did the Christmas party, so we had already done the 'big' rides before our full MK day). I will say it may be necessary at HS to get on the bigger rides. It wasn't needed at Epcot.

They keep tweaking the system, so it may work very differently in June. I would not buy it now, but wait until you get there and then decide (you can buy the morning of).

I'm a numbers geek so I thought this blog post was interesting from touring plans called "How Much Time Can Genie+ Save Me?"

They do a neat job breaking down how useful genie+ and individual lightning lanes are at each park. They also break this eown even further by how busy each park is.

I'm a numbers geek so I thought this blog post was interesting from touring plans called "How Much Time Can Genie+ Save Me?"

They do a neat job breaking down how useful genie+ and individual lightning lanes are at each park. They also break this eown even further by how busy each park is.

The post is very interesting. I love the datapoints as well. I'm wondering if there is a similar analysis for Disneyland and California Adventure Park as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter