Genie+ Lightning Lane on a Disney Very Merriest After Hours Ticket - Not Eligible

sdk1231

DIS Veteran
I thought this would happen, but just tried anyway... unable to book Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane with a Very Merriest After Hours ticket. Genie tells me "Not Eligible. This guest does not have a linked Disney Park Pass reservation". I was curious about this, and just gave it a try. Thought I'd possibly try to book 7DMT for about 7pm to get that ride out of the way in advance of the After Hours, but can't do it. Not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass it along.... you can't book Genie+ LL or ILL on an After Hours special event ticket.

I just found this out the hard way after booking genie+. 🤦‍♀️ I thought it’d work since you used to be able to use FP+ the 2 hours pre-party. I’m glad you’re sharing so others don’t make the same mistake!

I thought this would happen, but just tried anyway... unable to book Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane with a Very Merriest After Hours ticket. Genie tells me "Not Eligible. This guest does not have a linked Disney Park Pass reservation". I was curious about this, and just gave it a try. Thought I'd possibly try to book 7DMT for about 7pm to get that ride out of the way in advance of the After Hours, but can't do it. Not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass it along.... you can't book Genie+ LL or ILL on an After Hours special event ticket.

Thanks for letting us know. Appreciate hearing from someone who has tried it.

They never used FP during parties before, so this is what I expected.
In the past I'm pretty sure guests were able to secure FP+ reservations for the hours between when they enter the park with a party ticket and when the park closes to day guests. I'm think this is what @sdk1231 tried and was advising that it's not allowed now.

In the past I'm pretty sure guests were able to secure FP+ reservations for the hours between when they enter the park with a party ticket and when the park closes to day guests. I'm think this is what @sdk1231 tried and was advising that it's not allowed now.
Yeah, I didn't say that right. I was thinking about use of FP during the party. And with minimal overlap now I didn't think it would be a thing.

When I went in the past, not needed. Walked on Space Mountain on a sold out after party night. No issues.

Thanks for letting us know. Appreciate hearing from someone who has tried it.

You are correct. In the past, when I had Party admission only (prior to the implementation of the Park Reservation System)... I'd been able to book FP+ for the 7pm-9pm "window" between party admission time and party start time. I was hoping to be able to book a Lightning Lane for 7DMT just to get that out of the way prior to the start of the Very Merriest After Hours, but no dice. Not a huge deal, but during the 2 Boo Bash events I attended, the wait time for 7DMT was pretty long (30-40 min). Not long in terms of typical 7DMT stand-by time, but pretty long in terms of eating up a good percentage of party time.

What if you have a day ticket for another park with Genie+? Does the Genie know I don't have hopper? Otherwise, I'd be able to be in the park, technically.

What if you have a day ticket for another park with Genie+? Does the Genie know I don't have hopper? Otherwise, I'd be able to be in the park, technically.
I don't know this for a fact, but my guess is that yes, Genie will know that you don't have Hopper, and you'd get a "Not Eligible" if you had a Single Park ticket w/Park Reservation for some other park, and then tried to book a Lightning Lane at MK.

Even if a guest is able to obtain an ILL$ or LL return time for a second park, if they don't have a park hopper they will not be allowed to enter the second park. I'm not even sure they would be able to get a refund for the ILL$ as they booked it knowingly without a PH ticket.

I see it similar to an ADR. I can have a park reservation at park A and still book a dining reservation at park B. This does not grant me access to the second park unless I have an AP or add the PH option if I enter park A that day.

Guests can add the PH option at any point so I'm not sure if the system checks for that before offering ILL$ options.

Was just looking at the Tip Board, most are gone. Would have wasted your money.

Thank you so much for posting! I was hoping to do this next week and now I know that I can't I can make other plans. I had asked this question on these boards earlier but know one knew the answer before.

We have a park reservation for MK the same day as the after hours event ( which we also have tickets for). We can still genie+ during the day just not during the Christmas after hour right?

Even if a guest is able to obtain an ILL$ or LL return time for a second park, if they don't have a park hopper they will not be allowed to enter the second park.

To clarify, I was wondering if I might be able to reserve LL for between 7-8p at MK on the night of the party with just a 1-park ticket, reservation at EPCOT, and Genie+.

To clarify, I was wondering if I might be able to reserve LL for between 7-8p at MK on the night of the party with just a 1-park ticket, reservation at EPCOT, and Genie+.
I do not know firsthand, but no - I believe the system will show you as Not Eligible since you have no qualifying park reservation (since you're on a Single Park ticket and not a Hopper).

We have a park reservation for MK the same day as the after hours event ( which we also have tickets for). We can still genie+ during the day just not during the Christmas after hour right?
Yes, if you purchase Genie+ for that day you can use it at MK and any other parks you are at that day. Once the party begins LL is not an option for anyone and often not needed thankfully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter