• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ in Epcot?

disney144

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with a toddler, and I am pregnant. So we will not be riding any of the "big kid" rides this trip. We are staying offsite, so will miss the first rope drop. Do you recommend Genie+ if we are trying to hit these rides? Or will wait times be low enough that G+ doesn't make a big difference?

Frozen
Remy (if possible, but ok skipping as we rode it recently in Paris)
Mexico boat ride
Nemo
Figment
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth

I think that's it?

(apologies as I know I got all of these names wrong...it's our first trip in over 5 years)

Frozen is typically in the 45min to 90min time frame.
Remy typically drops to under 20min as the night time show approaches. 8:30 or so. But is 45min to 90min most of the day.
The other five are always less then 15 minutes.

One underrated part of Genie+ is that you can book your next ride as soon as you tap in. We went with a toddler recently, and there were a lot of rides that had a 20-30 minute wait that had instant genie+ times. We booked it in front of the ride, walked on, and immediately booked another. Probably saved us an hour or two of waiting throughout the day.

One underrated part of Genie+ is that you can book your next ride as soon as you tap in. We went with a toddler recently, and there were a lot of rides that had a 20-30 minute wait that had instant genie+ times. We booked it in front of the ride, walked on, and immediately booked another. Probably saved us an hour or two of waiting throughout the day.
Was this at Epcot? 20 mins is definitely worth it! I’d just hate to pay to use it for walk ons

I think in your particular case the question at Epcot really comes down to is the cost of Genie+ worth skipping at 60-120 minute wait for Frozen. On your list most of the other rides can be done with minimal waits at a lot of times throughout the day (as long as you aren't visiting during a busy season) so I'd consider skipping the lines for those as bonus of Genie+ and not really a reason to buy it.

For me if Frozen is a must do for Epcot I would always buy Genie+ when we were just there it was up to 120 mins at times and that line is horrible to wait in particularly pregnant.

Genie+ could potentially help with more convenient ride times. Like if you didn’t want to wait until for evening to ride Rat, or you’d like to Spaceship Earth midday, etc. So it depends. People value their time differently. The rides you listed are pretty easy to do without Genie+. Some may still see value in shaving time off lines to leave more time to relax and enjoy other things.

To add to the comments, if it's a busy time, you may not be able to book Lightning Lane for both Frozen and Remy as these sell out. (We were able to when we went but it was light crowds at end of August)

To add to the comments, if it's a busy time, you may not be able to book Lightning Lane for both Frozen and Remy as these sell out. (We were able to when we went but it was light crowds at end of August)
True. Unless I were sure I could snag both Frozen and Remy, I would skip Genie+ at Epcot.

We are traveling with a toddler, and I am pregnant. So we will not be riding any of the "big kid" rides this trip. We are staying offsite, so will miss the first rope drop. Do you recommend Genie+ if we are trying to hit these rides? Or will wait times be low enough that G+ doesn't make a big difference?

Frozen
Remy (if possible, but ok skipping as we rode it recently in Paris)
Mexico boat ride
Nemo
Figment
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth

I think that's it?

(apologies as I know I got all of these names wrong...it's our first trip in over 5 years)
What time of year are you going? We don't usually use G+ at Epcot given we feel like it's not really a good a value given fewer headliners, but my kids are not babies and I can remember standing even in a 15 min line with a baby and it's taxing and tiring!

If it's not a very traditionally busy time of year, I'd say rope drop Frozen and do the rest standby or get in line right at park close or at fireworks. You may not make it to park close and if that's likely or if it's a busy travel time, G+ could have a value for you. I never visited disney while pregnant but skipping lines just for you might be worth it, let alone waiting with a toddler. But on most days, many of those rides besides FEA and Remy, have very short waits so you might be upset you paid for G+ when it may not have been needed.

What time of year are you going? We don't usually use G+ at Epcot given we feel like it's not really a good a value given fewer headliners, but my kids are not babies and I can remember standing even in a 15 min line with a baby and it's taxing and tiring!

If it's not a very traditionally busy time of year, I'd say rope drop Frozen and do the rest standby or get in line right at park close or at fireworks. You may not make it to park close and if that's likely or if it's a busy travel time, G+ could have a value for you. I never visited disney while pregnant but skipping lines just for you might be worth it, let alone waiting with a toddler. But on most days, many of those rides besides FEA and Remy, have very short waits so you might be upset you paid for G+ when it may not have been needed.
Thanks. We’re going last week of October. We were planning to do frozen first thing. And we have 2 epcot days so not too worried about getting everything done. That said, with a 2 year old, turning a 20 minute line into a 5 minute line sounds pretty dreamy…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter