Genie + for pictures

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
I will be going to DL in two weeks with a family on their first trip. I have tried to convince them of the benefits of Genie+ but the mom is adamant about not getting it. I will be using a scooter so we will have that advantage. My question is if one person purchases Genie+ for a single day on the day they want pictures and want to go on rides with photo will that work to get all the pictures?

Yes it will, as long as the person who has purchased G+ is in the photo. So the rest of your party would need to be in the same ride vehicle or in the same photo as you are when a cast member takes a group photo

Yes it will, as long as the person who has purchased G+ is in the photo. So the rest of your party would need to be in the same ride vehicle or in the same photo as you are when a cast member takes a group photo
Has this changed? Before you just had to have the ride number and enter it later so the person didn't have to be in the ride to use it. We also just would get different cards loaded and then added them that after our trip added them all to the account, the person didn't need to.

You can add any photo using the code. When celebrities are in the park, people on adjacent vehicles like to "steal" their ride photo.

In principle, the person with Genie+ should be in all photos but in practice, most photopass photographers will split up your group and have individual pictures or whatever. You just have to walk up together with the code. You can even get photopass cards and all take your own photos and then link them to the account of the person who purchased Genie+.

You can add any photo using the code. When celebrities are in the park, people on adjacent vehicles like to "steal" their ride photo.

In principle, the person with Genie+ should be in all photos but in practice, most photopass photographers will split up your group and have individual pictures or whatever. You just have to walk up together with the code. You can even get photopass cards and all take your own photos and then link them to the account of the person who purchased Genie+.
Right. Recently my brother and SIL were in the park the same day as me with her family, and they didn't purchase Genie+ (they had a disabled family member with them) and they just used a photo card I had already attached to my account and got ride photos and took some pictures together too. We had spent part of the day together and got some photos together too. It was no big deal. I have never thought about it since usually most of the people I'm with are using Genie+. (Or before, MaxPass)

I did this with 3 friends last month and it worked perfectly. We made a screen shot of the barcode thing and then we could all show it even if we split up for a time. We manually added any rides that didn't capture us all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter