• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie + for length of stay?

Luisfba

Mouseketeer
I'm flying in on a Saturday, leaving on Friday (6 nights). Visiting parks Saturday through Thursday, flying out early on Friday.
My tickets are older tickets, and not date based. 7 day tickets.

Can I buy Genie+ length of stay and if so, how many days will it default to?

If I cannot, then just log in prior to the 7am selection time and buy at that point every day?

It sounds like y'll want to buy per day. Your ticket is 7 days, and you are only going for 6 days. Just buy them when you wake up.

I'm flying in on a Saturday, leaving on Friday (6 nights). Visiting parks Saturday through Thursday, flying out early on Friday.
My tickets are older tickets, and not date based. 7 day tickets.

Can I buy Genie+ length of stay and if so, how many days will it default to?

If I cannot, then just log in prior to the 7am selection time and buy at that point every day?
Log into MDE app and click the 3 lines in the lower right, then click tickets, does it give you an option to change the tickets? If so you should be able to add Genie+ there.

However, depending on the week, I'd probably just add daily and only for Magic Kingdom and maybe Hollywood Studios. For me, I'd only recommend on the busiest park days for Epcot and animal kingdom.

It's a personal decision but I haven't heard of anyone yet who chose to purchase it for length of stay who felt it was beneficial for all days unless they were hopping and used it part of the day at the busier parks.

My guess is that if you can add Genie+ to your tickets, you would need to add it to all 7 days. You can add a single day at any time after midnight at the start of that day, although you can’t start making selections until 7 am.

Having been there the week it started, I agree with using Genie + for MK and HS. AK is a toss up. We purchased it and did well with it, but honestly probably wasn't needed if you get there for EE.
EPCOT, absolutely no reason to purchase. I would save the money on EPCOT (and probably AK) and put it toward Remy and RoTR for a paid LL instead.

We used it only on our MK/HS day and regretfully, decided to buy it after we entered the park around 9:30, it was a super busy day and it was practically useless. The closest wait was Buzz for our first ride, we got Small World and then Pirates. They were all before 3PM returns, but no “e ticket” ride had return times before 4pm, and it just got worse every hour after that. We booked a 6pm and 8:15pm for Rockin and Midway Mania at HS. Again, super busy. Genie+ was a bust if you miss the first 7am window on a busy day.

also, our experience is that wait times, especially for LL+ rides were inflated. We consistently waited 1/2 the posted time for Mickey & Minnie’s and rode It three times over 7 days.

also, our experience is that wait times, especially for LL+ rides were inflated. We consistently waited 1/2 the posted time
that would be consistent with our experience. I submitted multiple wait times to Touring Plans line app the week we were there so was timing the rides. Rarely were they within in 15 minutes of posted. Most were double or more the real wait time. Morning times for RoTR seemed close, but afternoon were greatly inflated.

@gharter - that seemed just slimy. RoTR was down throughout early entry and still down at park open, when we got there, we decided to roll the dice and walked over. It opened just as we entered through the tunnel. It was posted as 75 minute standby and it took less than 30 minutes to get to the first load point. Later it was showing a 240 minute peak stand by, I didn't test it at that point though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter