• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ at DLR starting on 12/8

Woohoo. My daughter and I will be there the 8th and 9th putting her Imagine and my Enchant magic keys to good use. When she became a student at USC getting a resident (AP) was one the perks of her move. We were big fans of MaxPass so even if this is watered down a bit, we were looking forward to Genie+.
Go Trojans! We’ll be there on the 8th and can’t wait to experiment with Genie+!!!

Ugh. I'll be there the 10th. I was kind of hoping it would wait until after my trip! At least I get a chance to check it all out when it's just me, so not much skin in the game!

FBD is discussing live, if interested.

After all this time, I am really curious what changes they made, if any, from WDW. Let's see those details TDA. :thumbsup2

Well, I got my answer from the Parks Blog. They didn't change it at all. One ride per attraction per day. I hope this thing falls on it's face. Apologies to the real Genie.

ETA: And I don't see anything about Resort Hotel guests getting early booking. So it could actually be "worse" than WDW and more expensive? Maybe it will be there when it launches, but seems like a perk they would want to advertise during the busy season.

Disney Genie+ will be available for $20 per ticket per day, and allows you to select the next available arrival window for Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane entrances at a variety of attractions, one at a time (subject to limited availability; limit one Lightning Lane selection per experience each day).

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ce-coming-to-disneyland-resort-beginning-dec/

Here's one positive. It's like Maxpass at least in this regard.

Disney Genie+ service may be purchased in the Disneyland app after you’ve entered the park and have linked your park ticket. After Dec. 8, you may also choose to purchase Disney Genie+ prior to your visit when you purchase a park ticket. You can begin making your Lightning Lane arrival window selections as soon as you enter a theme park!

So no DLR hotel guest advantage and no having to be online at 7am. It's not a perfect system but I like that. Gives preference to in-park guests who arrive early.

FINALLY!!! I'm excited to try this in January when we go back. I was a huge max pass fan and I'm looking forward to being able to make das return times from my phone. I hope it rolls out smoothly. Looking forward to updates from everyone who will be trying it in the next couple of weeks! Good luck!!!

Well, may the odds be ever in your favor to everyone who will be there this December. May the disney wifi be plentiful and the fastpass lines lighting lanes short and quick.

So far the only differences I see between DL and WDW is that DL is $5 more, but includes PhotoPass?

Bummer about no onsite 'perk' re early LL ressies. They've taken all the incentive to stay onsite away, with the exception of being in the Bubble and the closer walking distance (for the Grand at least).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter