• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ Actually Sells Out for the First Time!

Link in the OP didn't work for me, but I thought I read it cost $29 today? Disney is experiencing high crowd levels. I will be there next weekend, only planning to buy it for 1 day.

I wonder if it is the first time G+ hit the capacity limit, or did they just start actually having a capacity limit.

I wonder if it is the first time G+ hit the capacity limit, or did they just start actually having a capacity limit.
They’ve said for a long time that they could cap it. Why they decided to cap it today is the question - did it hit some pre-established number of sales or did they feel the need to stop selling for some other reason? Just like park reservations, there’s no way for us to know what they set as limits. They might even have sold more yesterday than they allowed today.

My guess is that they got complaints yesterday that required a refund and Disney figured out how many they sold before guests complained. Magic they have their max number. I looked at what was available after they stopped selling and they still had a few good rides with availability close to close.

It has never been this busy this week. It’s a week off from schools in NE but we’ve been this time of year fir 10+ years and it’s crazy busy. My husband said all the people playing golf at Oak Trail were saying they never saw the parking lot that crowded.

Presidents week had never been too bad in all the years past. We had always been pleasantly surprised that is wasn’t too crowded.

Are the final Covid extension AP dates getting close for many guests?
I know my AP date expires in April .
Perhaps guests are going for that final squeeze and choosing not to renew?
My Universal AP also is expiring with Covid extensions at end of March.

If you have AP’s what are your Covid extension expiration dates?
Please post so we know if their will be another crazy sold out genie day

Last edited:
President's Day weekend has been crazy for several years now - it's always a time we tend to avoid! But who knew they'd reach G+ capacity. Did see G+ at $29, which was the same max cost I think they reached over Christmas holiday. So if they're selling out the G+ at $29, probably doesn't bode well for it getting any cheaper moving forward. People complain, but they're buying it and using it more than ever.

President's Day weekend has been crazy for several years now - it's always a time we tend to avoid! But who knew they'd reach G+ capacity. Did see G+ at $29, which was the same max cost I think they reached over Christmas holiday. So if they're selling out the G+ at $29, probably doesn't bode well for it getting any cheaper moving forward. People complain, but they're buying it and using it more than ever.

Therefore …No more Disney complaining allowed especially since we can’t blame C….. anymore .

My guess is that they got complaints yesterday that required a refund and Disney figured out how many they sold before guests complained. Magic they have their max number. I looked at what was available after they stopped selling and they still had a few good rides with availability close to close.
I am wondering about this. We were there Friday and I was shocked by some of the LL that were unavailable ie Speedway, Dumbo and Barnstormer several hours before closing.

I went during President's day week last year and it was insane. I only went because that week is when my birthday is (wish I was born during a less busy time lol) but I said never again. I'm not surprised that people bought Genie+ for $29.

I do wonder if Disney will continue to cap sales and/or increase the price from $29.

We are heading there in a few days and booked this trip pretty last minute by Disney standards (back in Nov.).. Hotel pickings were slim then. I check daily because I want to switch hotels and there are 2 rooms types showing- something at AKL and something at Coronado Springs. Sometimes I get a different hotel in there but at best there have been no more than 3 rooms for my dates as an option. It definitely makes me worried about crowds. If I could have bought Genie+ at $29/ticket/day back when I bought our tickets I would have done it because now I have the added stress that it could sell out. Meaning buying it at midnight then back on at 7am to book stuff. That's tedious. I probably can just buy it at 6:50am but I'll feel better going to sleep knowing I have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter