Genie+ — Should we or not

DCrockett

Mouseketeer
Dates Feb 18 - 27, crowd levels are suppose to be 8 - 10. I’ve been doing some research thru this site and others. I came across some info that leads me to believe that spending $100/day (for all in party) won’t be much of an advantage because the parks being so busy will not allow us to get more than a few rides thru D+. Also we don’t plan on doing park open to close everyday, two of us are 70+. I will definitely not be purchasing ILL. Does anyone have any info or thoughts on this? Did anyone experience D+ during busy times last December? This is our first visit since 2019, before that we’ve gone every year since 1982. I can say that our visits will be few and far between moving forward since Disney World has become Di$ney World. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

With a trip as long as yours, you should be able to get plenty done without having to be bound to Genie+. The only parks where it may be worthwhile are Magic Kingdom, due to the number of rides worth waiting in line for, and Hollywood Studios, because that park has 7 or so headliners and then a massive drop down in terms of demand for rides. You don't have to commit until the morning of, so you have plenty of time to try out some days in the park before deciding if it is worth the extra $100 per day or not.

I assume you mean Genie+ not Disney+

We used G+ over the holiday period. We feel like we got our money's worth as it helped us avoid a lot of 30-60 minute waits and get more rides in. It did require getting up for 7AM and using my phone a lot during the day to get the most out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter