• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General Park Q's that I can't find good answers to!

Blue dear.

I haven't been this confused since Algebra II.
Sorry Gang - I really did try to find these answers on the WDW site - - but it's so generic sometimes - UGH.

Q#1: I bought 2-day tickets. We'll only be going to two parks; MK and HS. If we go to MK and leave - - can we go BACK to MK on the same day? In other words, can we go in the morning for a bit... and then return around dinner time on this kind of ticket?

Q#2: Not really understanding the whole Magiband or Magicband thing. Last time I went, they didn't exist. So we wear these bands and do we have to scan them each time we go on a ride? Each time we go inside an attraction...? Is it mainly for FP use...?

Q#3: FAST PASSES. I'm traveling with my son who has a severe disability so I'll be getting a DAS. We're only going on a few rides (there will be three of us) because he can't do too many of them. I'm not sure what his temperment is going to be. So if I reserve FP's now (we're going over Spring Break), what if we can't make it to the ride on time? Or if we have to make a change? I'll be honest. The whole FP/DAS thing is totally confusing and does NOT seem user-friendly to me. I guess once I get there and start doing it, it will seem easier.

Sorry guys. So many changes since I was there last! :earseek:

#1- yes, you can enter and re-enter the same park as many times as you want each day with a non-hopping ticket.

#2- the bands are basically replacing all of the following: your room key card, fast passes, charge to the room card, and park ticket. You wear it and swipe it to open your resort room. You also swipe it at stores and restaurants to pay for everything (if you allow room charges on it). For fast passes, you swipe it at the ride entrance and again in line. You DON'T have to swipe it at all attractions- just the 3 or so you have fast passes for each day. You also swipe it at the park entrances.

#3- sorry, can't really help with this- I'm sure others will chime in with helpful suggestions.

Have a great trip- don't be intimidated by Magic Bands. They are pretty handy.

A#1: yes as long as it is the same park you visited in the morning you can go back to the same one.
A#2: you will scan MB to enter the park and for FP's only ( if you do not get a band you can use park ticket instead)
I do not know how fp and DAS work maybe the disability board would be more help with that question

#1 yes you can exit and reenter the same park as many times as you like on that day.

#2 So Magicbands are basically your do all at Disney...If you stay on site they are you room key, your park admission, your FP admission, and also now your DAS admission. You can also use them in the gift shops or at the eating places to charge stuff back to your room as well. They are basically your equivalent to the old Key to the World cards except now they are a wrist band and you can wear them.

#3 The DAS is great. My son is on the spectrum so waiting in line does not go over well at all with him. We use this in conjunction with our FPs. You can make your FPs ahead of time so if you are staying on site its 60 days while off site is 30 days a head of your check in day. You get to reserve 3 FPs per day. You can make more FPs if you want to after the 3 intial ones are used up. So if you go to Magic Kingdom and make 3 FPs for morning rides and use them up you can then make a 4th FP. You would need to use the 4th FP up before making a 5th FP and so on and so on. With the DAS I really never had to make more than my 3 intial FPs. It works great when you use the 2 together. With the DAS you get a return time of the stand by queue minus 10 minutes. So lets say you had a FP for Small world for 9:30-10:30 AM. You can enter the FP line anytime within this time limit. I believe there is a grace period but I'm not sure what that is. Anyways you also want to go on Peter Pan but there's a 30 minute wait, so you go to the line and ask for a return time they will give you a return time and then you go on Small World and by the time you come out of Small World its time to go on Peter Pan. With the DAS I never not had a return time. We were heading to lunch or something I would quick grab a return time or going in a FP queue I would grab a return time before that. When you use the 2 of these things together like we did we got to do a lot of the big rides multiple times. My son got to ride 7DMT 3 times, Space Mountain 3 times, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain 2 times. It just helps a ton. We hardly ever had any meltdowns and we actually got to meet a ton of characters too. You just need to have a plan on what you are doing when so you know when you need to get return times and such.

Sorry Gang - I really did try to find these answers on the WDW site - - but it's so generic sometimes - UGH.

Q#1: I bought 2-day tickets. We'll only be going to two parks; MK and HS. If we go to MK and leave - - can we go BACK to MK on the same day? In other words, can we go in the morning for a bit... and then return around dinner time on this kind of ticket?

Q#2: Not really understanding the whole Magiband or Magicband thing. Last time I went, they didn't exist. So we wear these bands and do we have to scan them each time we go on a ride? Each time we go inside an attraction...? Is it mainly for FP use...?

Q#3: FAST PASSES. I'm traveling with my son who has a severe disability so I'll be getting a DAS. We're only going on a few rides (there will be three of us) because he can't do too many of them. I'm not sure what his temperment is going to be. So if I reserve FP's now (we're going over Spring Break), what if we can't make it to the ride on time? Or if we have to make a change? I'll be honest. The whole FP/DAS thing is totally confusing and does NOT seem user-friendly to me. I guess once I get there and start doing it, it will seem easier.

Sorry guys. So many changes since I was there last! :earseek:

1. Yes you can leave and re-enter the same park mutliple times in one day.
2. The MB functions as your park ticket, and to admit you to the fass pass line. If you are staying on Disney property, it also functions as your room key and for charging purchases back to your room (that part is optional)
3. I don't know about the DAS, you might get better answers about your DAS/FP+ question on the Disabilities forum.

The DAS works best when combined with FP+. Reserve FP+ times in advance, then work your DAS times around them. DAS return times do not expire like FP does, you can reserve one at 11am and use it at 11pm.

For more information, read this FAQ on the DISabilities forum which will answer any other questions you have about the system. It's a easy to use system really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter