• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

General Flow of my day? Thoughts?

As others have said, the plan looks good at first glance, but I don't think you are taking into account travel time.
If the park opens at 9, you really want to be there by 8:30. That may mean being at the bus stop by 7:45, although if the bus schedule on MDE works, it may be easier to time. Depending on where you ar ein the line of bus stops, there may or may not be room and have to wait for the next bus.
Afternoon naps, same deal as others have mentioned. Taking into account walking to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, travel time, walking back to your room, and repeat for the return trip. 2 hours leaves you about 30 minutes for a nap.
Your idea of the evening meal at the park you plan to be at that night is definitely a good idea.
You have plenty of time to modify your plan to make it work well for your family.

I planned every day so we always knew what we were doing. (excursions, activities, etc.)
- We took a nap every day so we were able to stay up late and not be crabby
- We were not stressing about money because almost everything is prepaid.

7am-8am - Wake up/get ready
8am-9am - Breakfast in the food court and catch the bus to that day's theme park.
9am-3pm - Attractions/Rides and either split a lunch or use snack credits for small lunch in between
3pm-5pm - Back to the resort for a quick nap
5pm-10pm - Nice sit down dinner and then the theme park for the rest of the night. When at all possible I want to book dinner at the park we are in (I've researched the best places in each park)

Certainly planning for your own family is much easier than trying to appease many others. Planning is a must if you want to see and do a lot at WDW, but with the planning there also needs to be a go with the flow attitude because at times rides might be down, weather may get in the way and what ever else can happen might.

This has been our typical plan -- grab a quick breakfast in room (fruit and cereal) it is best to be up and at the parks for rope drop -- it is amazing how much you can accomplish getting to a park at opening. spending the morning doing rides and then taking a break around 11:30 for an early lunch, a few more rides and then back to the resort between 1-2 - this is for a couple of reasons 1. the parks start getting very busy late morning and into the afternoon with day guest 2. the heat. This tactic gets you out of the crowds and the heat. You can then plan an afternoon nap or pool time. dinner can be earlier because you just had an early lunch -- this could be at the resort or at the park in the evening. You will find that at times you need the afternoon breaks but for some reason when you are at WDW you thrive on the disney adrenaline. It is a real thing. My 5yo DD went pretty much 10 days straight of WDW and universal and would only crash late night as we were heading out of the parks. Usually there is so much to see and do that you almost hate to leave the park. This will happen because as you are leaving there might be a show you want to watch (happened to us twice) or shops that you want to go to. So now you leaving at 1:00 has turned into 2 or 3pm.

Your afternoon break looks like what we do for 2 adults. I don't have children so I don't know how long children need for a nap. Luckily, in my experience, transportation during that time of day is a breeze. You might wait 20 minutes for a bus if your timing is unlucky, but they're never crowded. All that said, I recommend that you plan time for the adults to shower during that nap time. We showered every day mid-day while avoiding the heat and it made us so much more comfortable for the evening.

With 10 days in July I'd do a mix of early park days and some sleep in/pool mornings with park time in late afternoon/evenings. On the early park days I'd move up your start time 30 minutes, eat cereal in the room and be there ready to go at opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter