• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gearing up for my Big Gay May solo trip!

Richie248

DIS Veteran
3 weeks away from my first solo trip of 2022 and I'm stoked. Started as a 4 night trip and has turned into 8 nights. I've been planning the heck out of it and will continue to do so until I arrive. Staying at the Swan Reserve (which has become my new favorite resort) and staying in a Signature Suite w/ Hollywood Studios view (was hoping for Epcot view but it was a but too pricey). Was able to secure most of my dining reservations (aside from Rose & Crown fireworks package and Space 220)....have dining alerts set-up so who knows....maybe something will open up. Anyone other solo travelers in the world between May 14th and 22nd? Always up for meeting new people! Will post updates!

Glad to hear you were able to extend....and, of course, excellent location to walk to 2 parks. I'm sure you'll have a great time. My trip isn't until November, but, of course, thinking about it everyday!

Let us know how u make out at the new Swan Reserve.

Glad to hear you were able to extend....and, of course, excellent location to walk to 2 parks. I'm sure you'll have a great time. My trip isn't until November, but, of course, thinking about it everyday!

Let us know how u make out at the new Swan Reserve.
Stayed at the reserve the week they opened and it was very nice, I'm assuming they worked most of the kinks out but will be sure to report back. Your trip will be here before you know it!

3 weeks away from my first solo trip of 2022 and I'm stoked. Started as a 4 night trip and has turned into 8 nights. I've been planning the heck out of it and will continue to do so until I arrive. Staying at the Swan Reserve (which has become my new favorite resort) and staying in a Signature Suite w/ Hollywood Studios view (was hoping for Epcot view but it was a but too pricey). Was able to secure most of my dining reservations (aside from Rose & Crown fireworks package and Space 220)....have dining alerts set-up so who knows....maybe something will open up. Anyone other solo travelers in the world between May 14th and 22nd? Always up for meeting new people! Will post updates!

I'll be solo from May 18 to the 23rd (and I'll also be there after that til the 28th but with a friend)! I'm busy being pissy that I missed out on Gay Days by one week. I didn't book in time because I had no idea this year would be so insanely crowded.

I'll be solo from May 18 to the 23rd (and I'll also be there after that til the 28th but with a friend)! I'm busy being pissy that I missed out on Gay Days by one week. I didn't book in time because I had no idea this year would be so insanely crowded.
I'm hoping the crowds will be a bit lower but just happy to have a week in Disney!!! You can always plan for next year!

Enjoy your time there! I was just at disney for 12 days and 7 of them I was solo and it was a lot of fun . I’m an early riser so I was at the parks super early and took nice midday breaks ;) enjoy!

I'm hoping to go there for that week sometime coming up. Haven't been to Disney in awhile and really getting the itch to go back. Been trying to wait for the current construction to finish (mostly down to just Tron now) but I also know once that's done they will announce something else I want to experience too. Hard finding a time to go that also works for my DH but might try a solo trip sometime.

How was Swan Reserve? I’ve heard it mentioned a lot, but never been there. I think they have missed an opportunity when it comes to the look of the exterior, but that is not necessarily dispositive.

How was Swan Reserve? I’ve heard it mentioned a lot, but never been there. I think they have missed an opportunity when it comes to the look of the exterior, but that is not necessarily dispositive.

Was working on a trip report but ended dup getting severe Covid pneumonia when I returned. Love the Swan Reserve. The exterior is lacking but the rooms are gorgeous, service is great! You can usually get a signature suite for less than a standard deluxe room. Highly recommend it if you're looking for a more relaxing vacation.

Was working on a trip report but ended dup getting severe Covid pneumonia when I returned. Love the Swan Reserve. The exterior is lacking but the rooms are gorgeous, service is great! You can usually get a signature suite for less than a standard deluxe room. Highly recommend it if you're looking for a more relaxing vacation.
I am sorry you are not well.

I am booked for October and January, but have a conference there in February, so I'll give it a look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter