GCH...not so 'premium' view rooms!!! A happy ending!

farmfresh

DIS Veteran
Checked into GCH today, having booked two rooms...a courtyard/woods view and a premium view (either pool or park).
Imagine our surprise to find the two room types were NEXT DOOR to each other! Here are two pictures taken from the same spot in each room... see if you can guess which the premium view is..IMG_3426 (1).jpg
IMG_3423 (1).jpg

Yep.....one of these views is a premium park view........
Can't tell which? No pool? No park? It's the bottom one. To be fair if you sit on the right had chair and look sideways you can see Guardians... which you can also do from the top one....But this is listed as a premium view room.

And yes, I went downstairs to complain. They offered me this room as a premium view
IMG_3421 (2).jpg

Still can't see the difference? Neither could we. Although ...to be fair... if you sat on the balcony with this one you could actually see into the park if you sat on the right hand chair.
We were offered a pool view room (I didn't want to be that person but even the cast members agreed it actually smelt of damp/mold) and our final option was a wheelchair accessible room with a park view, but it would be miles away from our other room. So we have stayed put, with a discount and a credit.

They've handled it , but it took me two managers, and we didn't end up with the room type we booked and paid for. Very disappointed.

And as I pointed out, they are selling two of these rooms to other guests at premium prices. On tonight's rate it s a more than $100 difference. IMO, that's just wrong, and i have let the front of house manager know and will also contact the hotel manger.

They really need to do something about the trees blocking the park view. This is the view we have booked for July, it is the same room type we have always booked and they have known for years that it is not worth the price they are charging.

They really need to do something about the trees blocking the park view. This is the view we have booked for July, it is the same room type we have always booked and they have known for years that it is not worth the price they are charging./QUOTE]

Agreed. Total rip off.

Well...some Disney magic. The hotel's general manager reached out which was very impressive. I explained we had already sorted things out, but that i had concerns about how the rooms were being categorised. He explained they were about to do a reassessment which they do regularly and would pay attention to these rooms. He was also able to explain the damp smell... it's a shower drain issue and can be remedied easily.
Bottom line: this guy knows his hotel, is customer focussed and restored my faith in Disney's service. Happy customer.

Well...some Disney magic. The hotel's general manager reached out which was very impressive. I explained we had already sorted things out, but that i had concerns about how the rooms were being categorised. He explained they were about to do a reassessment which they do regularly and would pay attention to these rooms. He was also able to explain the damp smell... it's a shower drain issue and can be remedied easily.
Bottom line: this guy knows his hotel, is customer focussed and restored my faith in Disney's service. Happy customer.

This makes me happy to hear because it's obvious that his team realized that someone higher up should be made aware. I'm also glad you did bring up your concerns because I absolutely agree I would have been frustrated too. While I know "view" rooms can be categorized as seeing anything from the room , I agree it should be easily visible if categorized and charged that premium. This is great feedback and I'm glad things turned out a bit better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter