• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GCH craftsman grill & carnation cafe question

jadepansy459

Earning My Ears
Couple of questions for my upcoming reservations at the end of April ...
Have carnation cafe booked for lunch , first time so really looking forward to it. What is good on the menu , any must haves? I am a bit overwhelmed with how many yummy choices there are !!

As for craftsman grill , how does it work with the seating arrangement ? The outdoor tables look nice , are you able to request these? Or are you likely to be inside with a reservation? Do you have to order through mobile order or do you get a server ?
And also what is a must have on the menu here too?

Thank you so much , apologies for all the questions!

Last edited:
The craftsman grill is a bit of a quick service place. They have some items you can order and they will bring them out. NAchos, burgers, salads, etc and they have items you can grab and pay. You seat yourself. There are only a number of tabes out side, but it is all first come first serve. We eat here a lot and it has never been an issue grabbing a table outside.

Are you maybe referring to the Craftsman Bar? Which is poolside outside.

As for craftsman grill , how does it work with the seating arrangement ? The outdoor tables look nice , are you able to request these? Or are you likely to be inside with a reservation? Do you have to order through mobile order or do you get a server ?
And also what is a must have on the menu here too?

Thank you so much , apologies for all the questions!

Its actually divided into 2 separate sections.

The tables and chairs are the Craftsman Grill
The seats at the bar area, both the bar and the area overlooking the pool are the Craftsman Bar

They are separate reservations but serve the same food.

I recently ate at the Craftsman Bar. I was sat at the area overlooking the pool. I had the Chicken Rice Bowl which was steamed rice, vegetable egg roll, cucumber, green onions, hard-boiled egg, togarashi spice, and sriracha aïoli and a Banana Daiquiri, which cost $34.48.

I checked in at the host stand and was brought to the area. The menu is on a QR code which I scanned on my phone. I had a server who came over as soon as I was seated nd gave me the cutlery set. Then came back when I was ready to order.

chicken bowl.jpg

Its actually divided into 2 separate sections.

The tables and chairs are the Craftsman Grill
The seats at the bar area, both the bar and the area overlooking the pool are the Craftsman Bar

They are separate reservations but serve the same food.

I recently ate at the Craftsman Bar. I was sat at the area overlooking the pool. I had the Chicken Rice Bowl which was steamed rice, vegetable egg roll, cucumber, green onions, hard-boiled egg, togarashi spice, and sriracha aïoli and a Banana Daiquiri, which cost $34.48.

I checked in at the host stand and was brought to the area. The menu is on a QR code which I scanned on my phone. I had a server who came over as soon as I was seated nd gave me the cutlery set. Then came back when I was ready to order.

View attachment 651401

I just checked my email with the reservation details and it says 'Craftsman Bar Dinner' so maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the other section then. So I take it that's a poolside seating area then😍 Your food looked gorgeous.

Carnation Cafe - the food is good, but VERY heavy, IMO. The fried pickles are yummy and great for sharing. My brother tried Walt's chili and said it was basic, but good. I've had both the Parmesan patty melt and the turkey club (at different times lol) and barely got through half of the meal. To me, it's a lot of big food that may require a post-lunch nap! I'm trying it for breakfast in a few weeks, happy to report back if helpful.

I just checked my email with the reservation details and it says 'Craftsman Bar Dinner' so maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the other section then. So I take it that's a poolside seating area then😍 Your food looked gorgeous.

That sounds like the same area as I was at. Not necessarily, you could sat at the bar as well, there two seating areas in the bar area.

Carnation Cafe - the food is good, but VERY heavy, IMO. The fried pickles are yummy and great for sharing. My brother tried Walt's chili and said it was basic, but good. I've had both the Parmesan patty melt and the turkey club (at different times lol) and barely got through half of the meal. To me, it's a lot of big food that may require a post-lunch nap! I'm trying it for breakfast in a few weeks, happy to report back if helpful.
Wow ok , I would love to try the fried pickles on the side of something lighter so maybe I'll avoid the burgers /patty melt type dishes then, definitely no naps allowed lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter