GCH (another thread)

thatgirl'smom

Earning My Ears
You know, I've heard so many times about the special towel animals (?) and the turndown service with chocolates, but when we stayed last year there we got neither the towel animals or the chocolates. We did have the turndown service, though. What's up with that? I left a tip every day (stayed three nights) for the maid... was it not enough or did we just get neglected?

We are staying there again in May... how can we be sure to get these extra special touches? It is an expensive hotel and I, of course, would like every benefit of staying there. ;)

WOW! I didn't know that they did the towel animals!!! I've always gotten the chocolates and the turn down serivce but never the towel animals! I loved getting towel animals when we went on our cruise(s)...I hope that we get towel animals when we go in Sept!!! :teeth:

thatgirl'smom said:
You know, I've heard so many times about the special towel animals (?) and the turndown service with chocolates, but when we stayed last year there we got neither the towel animals or the chocolates. ?

I don't know about the chocolates but the towel animals are not something you should expect. Based on our experience at WDW, it depends on the maid and how much time they have. Not every room is just making the beds & picking up. When we were at WDW last time one of the maid was in tears because of the mess in the room - it was so bad it would take her most of the day and she still had a number of rooms to do. I'm sure Dl is no different.

Have a good trip

I wouldn't expect these things, as they are not part of the package. If you get them, view it as a sprinkling of pixie dust.

We've never gotten the animal towel, but always got chocolates with turn down service. I agree with grimely in not expecting it, but if it happens then how wonderful. I though the chocolates were part of the turn down service though.

We have stayed a couple of times over Thanksgiving and they always have a washcloth turkey that is put in our room!

When you walk down the halls in the morning the "turkeys" are in the baskets with the sheets/towels. I think everyone gets ones. Other then the turkey we have only once had a towel animal. It is soo cool when they do it but like everyone says sometimes they do not have enough time to do it in every room!

It must be a Thanksgiving thing. While I have stayed at the GCH twice already, and would stay there a third time, I have never received a towel animal, turkey or otherwise. I did receive chocolates with my turndown service, which I brought back for the people at work.

maybe it depends on the tip you gove the housekeeping, just a guess. If I had little ones I would pay dearly to get a towel animal for them :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter