• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gaylord Location to Disney Resorts for Meals - Xmas week

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Our one xmas week trip (offiste) to WDW is very skewed b/c it was December 2020. Everything around us was so quiet and we had no issues driving around anywhere we needed to get to. I'm assuming this trip will be different. We will be at Gaylord for 2 nights and am thinking about some WDW resort meals to book as well as to go to DS (which we will only go to in the morning - NOT at night). I'm looking at maps, but sometimes the maps can be deceiving. Our top meal choices would be at AKL, WL, and Coronado. Also probably the Margaritaville area. Am I overthinking this or are some going to be more of a pain to get to?

Thanks!

I'd say more toward overthinking it than pain to get to :) We stay at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek a lot and drive by the Gaylord every time we run over to Publix or CVS. You're super close to being on property. WL is going to be your furthest jaunt, but still not a big deal. Traffic might be busy, but no more so than a spring break or really any other time now that there really are no slow times! (other than your 2020 experience) Have a great time! Happy Planning!

Well It does seem like a lot for 2 nights / 3 days…
I recently tried their nightly buffet and enjoyed the food ,service and location . Gaylord also has a nice outdoor restaurant/bar that overlooks the pool. I love Gaylord . Is your trip for their Fall activities or holidays? I think you will be very busy just exploring everything Gaylord has to offer.

I don't know your itinerary. I suggest DS the day you check in to Gaylord. Other then that I agree with pp. Either spend time at GP or change to a less expensive hotel.

I would not go to the Margaritaville area as 192 will probably be heavily congested. Disney will be easier to get via Osceola Parkway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter