GayDays 2011

A little over two weeks for me:-) Two more work related trips to go and then off to Florida it is:-) I should be in Orlando on May 30th if everything goes well:-) Can't wait. counting the days:-):yay:

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Geared up for Hockey... Geared up for WDW... this is going to be awesome and yet conflict... ESPN club will be our best friend this trip to watch the Canucks continuing on in the playoffs.

Bring it on the Sharks!

I think the design is flawed. A mickey cutout in the crotch area looks like a ****** and ovaries.

12 days 'til we live 14 'til we check in. The suitcases are now in the living room.
If it's in the suitcase you are not allow to take it out!!

We survived the slumber party Friday Night (Six 10 and 11 yo girs:scared1:)

Congrats surviving the slumber party!

We survived the 24 hour Video Race. The kids had a BLAST. The hardest part was taking DS to the Start line at midnight Friday and then getting him out the door at 6 AM Saturday to go meet the rest of the team to start filming. The other kids all ended up at one girl's house for the night, but I wanted to be sure DS got SOME sleep so I made him come home.

Congrats surviving the slumber party!

We survived the 24 hour Video Race. The kids had a BLAST. The hardest part was taking DS to the Start line at midnight Friday and then getting him out the door at 6 AM Saturday to go meet the rest of the team to start filming. The other kids all ended up at one girl's house for the night, but I wanted to be sure DS got SOME sleep so I made him come home.
What's a video race?
It amazes me how much energy these kids have. Don't your have finals coming up soon?

What's a video race?
It amazes me how much energy these kids have. Don't your have finals coming up soon?

Teams have 24 hours to write, shoot, edit, and score a 5 minute video incorporating 4 required elements. They had to go to the Start line for instructions on midnight Friday, flash drive had to be turned in by midnight Saturday.

There are different divisions - high school, college, adults. I think the adult teams are divided by how many people are on the team.
Our school has 6 teams competing this year.

Anyway, the theme is "A Day to Remember". The setting is a garden, the prop is a ball, and they had to use the line "We can do that tomorrow." DS was cast as a boy with a crush on a girl who turns out to be a lesbian. ;) He is quite good at portraying a shy, awkward boy with a crush. :rolleyes1

Screenings start Tuesday, but I don't think I will be able to get to the theater by 6:15 to see it. I did see the finished video yesterday, though. DH is planning to take DS to the screening.

Finals start 5/26, I think. They will take 2 finals each day for the last 4 days of school, so all of those days will be early dismissal. He also has to "jury" for his Theatre classes. I think that is 2 monologues in front of the faculty to be sure he still deserves his slot.

Me, DH and our 2 DS' will be heading to Gay Days in support of my wonderful nephew and my brother! :love: We hope to meet with everyone at the dole whip social :thumbsup2 and of course at HS Friday for Star Wars. I cannot wait to see the outfits this year, I will be dolled up like leia :cutie:

Teams have 24 hours to write, shoot, edit, and score a 5 minute video incorporating 4 required elements. They had to go to the Start line for instructions on midnight Friday, flash drive had to be turned in by midnight Saturday.

There are different divisions - high school, college, adults. I think the adult teams are divided by how many people are on the team.
Our school has 6 teams competing this year.

Anyway, the theme is "A Day to Remember". The setting is a garden, the prop is a ball, and they had to use the line "We can do that tomorrow." DS was cast as a boy with a crush on a girl who turns out to be a lesbian. ;) He is quite good at portraying a shy, awkward boy with a crush. :rolleyes1

Screenings start Tuesday, but I don't think I will be able to get to the theater by 6:15 to see it. I did see the finished video yesterday, though. DH is planning to take DS to the screening.

Finals start 5/26, I think. They will take 2 finals each day for the last 4 days of school, so all of those days will be early dismissal. He also has to "jury" for his Theatre classes. I think that is 2 monologues in front of the faculty to be sure he still deserves his slot.

That sounds really cool!

Me, DH and our 2 DS' will be heading to Gay Days in support of my wonderful nephew and my brother! :love: We hope to meet with everyone at the dole whip social :thumbsup2 and of course at HS Friday for Star Wars. I cannot wait to see the outfits this year, I will be dolled up like leia :cutie:

Welcome to our forum! We'll look for you at the Dole Whip meet! :goodvibes

That sounds really cool!

It was pretty nifty. It was really organized well. They had 62 teams total. I am absolutely certain there will be more Video Races in our future. :thumbsup2

I'm SO excited for Gay Days! It will be my first stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Since I fly in on June 1st, before the Disney theme park scheduled days, I'm going to Universal's Islands of Adventure to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that night. Is anyone else going there? If so, when? I'm wearing my red shirt. (I'm only packing red shirts for the whole trip.)

pixiedust:

I'm SO excited for Gay Days! It will be my first stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Since I fly in on June 1st, before the Disney theme park scheduled days, I'm going to Universal's Islands of Adventure to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that night. Is anyone else going there? If so, when? I'm wearing my red shirt. (I'm only packing red shirts for the whole trip.)

pixiedust:

Hi, Aaron! Please plan to join us at Victoria Falls at AKL at 9 PM on June 3 for cocktails. We have a terrific group!

We went to Universal last summer to check out Harry Potter. It was fun! :)

This is my first Gay Days and was wondering if there are certain resorts more people tend to stay at? Have stayed at Wilderness Lodge before and really liked it. Coronado Springs was ok.

woohoo! I am back from Whistler Mountain and now I can officially say "We leave next week!" :yay::yay:

And I got myself an awesome red shirt! We were wasting a bit of time before watching the Canucks game last night and next to the pub was an Old Navy in the Village so what the heck we popped inside ((it's been forever since I've been to an Old Navy)) and as I was looking at stuff I happened about the clearance section and what do I see??

A single red t-shirt with Mickey and Minnie on it and.... lol here's the kicker it was on sale for $1.97 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter