• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Days crowd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have a question...seriously...no offense intended. I hear that Gay Brazillian Cheerleaders converge on the parks in December for GaBraChe Days. At what time of the day do they stop breaking out in Brazillian pro-gay rights cheers? I'm only asking because it annoys the heck out of me to hear them screaming gay chants in Portugese while dancing around in those short red skirts. That's the only reason. Other than that, I just LOVE Gay Brazillian Cheerleaders...I count them among my best friends. I just don't want to be in the theme parks with them...just because of the crowds, ya know? ;)

2 of 6. :laughing: Silly me, I should have use GaBraChe Days as a similarity instead! :P

I'm quite familiar with traditional English grammar. I have a degree in literature, thanks. If you'd like to discuss semantics, the established subject in that post is "gay people" not crowds. Therefore any mention of "they" refers to gay people. In fact, crowds aren't even mentioned until the OP gets defensive about the original question later in the post. I'm done with this thread. Clearly no one is going to change their opinion about being a little more sensitive when discussing sensitive issues. It's your right. Just as it's my right to be offended by people who don't think before they open their mouths. I'm sorry, I suppose I should have shared my insider information. All gays participate in a group orgy at 3pm, so they should head back to their resorts around 2:30. Then they have Prancing Practice at MK at 7:30, so I would plan to vamoose around 7:15. Oh, and they all stay at the Contemporary, so as long as you book somewhere else you probably won't run into them. Gays also only visit WDW on Gay Days, so as long as you don't plan for the first week of June you won't have any awkward explaining to do when Johnny sees two ladies holding hands on various other vacation trips.

Please, continue discussing crowd control.

IMO, for this being a family friendly message forum, this is begining to get a little off topic.

I don't see anything wrong with the question. However, I do think you are an idiot. The only one who seems to have a problem, and is possibly homophobic is you. Get over yourself.

Shame on you coming here calling people idiots! That sort of trash is not allowed here. No personal attacks, newbie!

Because how would the average person here know the specific evening plans of any group? If OP wants to know those plans why not ask the group, which is very easy to do?
That is a pretty good point. OP, you could ask on the Gay and Lesbian board. Assuming that your question is only about crowds (and I see no reason to assume otherwise), the easiest thing to do is avoid the park of the day.

Also, be prepared that Star Wars weekends do tend to bring in the crowds at DHS. We've been twice and it gets so busy particularly around Star Tours.

For the record, I wasn't debating the use of the pronoun "they" but discussing what "they" was referring to - i.e., crowds or an individual group of people.

Seriously, I'm done. This is a ridiculous debate that I'm clearly not making any impact on. Whatever. Say whatever you want - I don't care. I suppose if anyone is offended they can find another thread. As I plan to do now.

For the record, I wasn't debating the use of the pronoun "they" but discussing what "they" was referring to - i.e., crowds or an individual group of people.

Seriously, I'm done. This is a ridiculous debate that I'm clearly not making any impact on. Whatever. Say whatever you want - I don't care. I suppose if anyone is offended they can find another thread. As I plan to do now.
I think you've made the biggest impact of all - so you needn't worry there!

So long now...:confused3

3) Yes, there are crowds, but not massive crowds.
4) The only distraction may be Public Displays of Affection (PDA).

I'm going to go back to the original question and avoid the debate. We have gone the last four gay days and I'm going to agree with Rusty Scupper items 3-4. We have never even noticed a difference in crowds because quite honestly early June is always packed. A couple of times we've seen gay couples kiss in line which wasn't a big deal. But I do have to admit, at the risk of sounding narrowminded..... some of those Star Wars people freak me out.:yoda::chewy:.....:scared:

The OP did seem a bit homophobic to me. I'll give the OP the benefit of doubt. The OP definently used poor wording. The OP should admit to poor wording and not let surrogates defend the post. This is always a bad idea, you get painted with the brush of your surrogates. The OP could have worded it something like this "are there other gay day events in the orlando area that would cause the crowd levels to drop throught the day?". I think that would have helped. Alissa2008 is spot on in the critique, however she should give the benefit of the doubt. I was a bit taken aback by the post as well. Just my .02

I'm going to go back to the original question and avoid the debate. We have gone the last four gay days and I'm going to agree with Rusty Scupper items 3-4. We have never even noticed a difference in crowds because quite honestly early June is always packed. A couple of times we've seen gay couples kiss in line which wasn't a big deal. But I do have to admit, at the risk of sounding narrowminded..... some of those Star Wars people freak me out.:yoda::chewy:.....:scared:
:mad: :darth: :lmao:

As for PDA's, I never really like those if they are really...ummm...intense. I don't mind kisses or hugs or any of that but actual heavy petting is kind of creepy to this prude and I mean from ANY couple.

:mad: :darth: :lmao:

As for PDA's, I never really like those if they are really...ummm...intense. I don't mind kisses or hugs or any of that but actual heavy petting is kind of creepy to this prude and I mean from ANY couple.

yeah totally, straight or gay, extended PDA's, it's Disney world for crying out loud, get a room!!:mad: :rotfl:

Because how would the average person here know the specific evening plans of any group? If OP wants to know those plans why not ask the group, which is very easy to do?

I know that the research I did on these boards helped me plan out my trip last summer (including the gay days). Yes a lot of those threads turned into silly things like this one, but sometimes you can get some very good info as well.

Wow this thread is heated!

getalong.jpg

:lmao::lmao:

I think this thread is done.

The OP had a legitimate question. No need to turn it into a debate.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter