• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Days crowd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee - found it!
"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.

It states on a web site that Gay Days are going to be at DHS on Friday, June 5. Do they stay at the park the entire day? Or do they leave with other evening plans? Please know I am only asking this question for crowd reasons. I am in no way bashing gay day.

What website states this? Is the the Gay Days site? Why don't you just ask them your questions? Why in the world would you ask here?

The fact that you really don't believe you're "gay bashing" is even more irritating than if you were doing it outright. "Do they stay at the park the entire day...?" Seriously? THEY stay at the park until whenever THEY want to leave. Do Hispanics stay at the park later on Tuesdays? Do "the Jews" all leave the park after 5 on Hanukkah? Seriously? This is not a legitimate question! This is not a question about crowd control. This is outright ridiculousness to find out whether or not all the gays leave before dinner time. "C'mon honey, it's four fifteen, time for all the gays to go back to the resort..." Ugh, this makes me so mad. You can't generalize are "they leaving with other plans?" Do all the star wars freaks leave the park at the same time? Do all the families of 4 pack up after lunch? They leave the park when they're ready to leave the park. It's not any more or less crowded than any other celebratory day. It's not ingrained in their DNA to leave the park when other gays leave the park. And for those of you wondering why a thread got so heated based on "crowd control" - you're just as homophobic as the OP. Here is how the question SHOULD have been phrased to be way less offensive.

It makes me so mad that you don't even realize how ignorant you are. Ugh. I'm so hot right now.

Lets talk about ignorant. When I refer to more than one person doing or not doing something I refer to them as "THEY". Let's see is that proper English? YES! When I ask my husband about the kids staying somewhere or going somewhere. Am I wrong for refering to them as "THEY". Hmmm..... I must be kid bashing. How awful of me.

What website states this? Is the the Gay Days site? Why don't you just ask them your questions? Why in the world would you ask here?
Because it's the most obvious place in the world to ask a question about disney crowds..........?

Why not? This is a Disney trip planning site and they asked about crowds...I swear every year someone asks a question about gay days...and it may be a legit question and everyone jumps on them like stink on poop.

Lets talk about ignorant. When I refer to more than one person doing or not doing something I refer to them as "THEY". Let's see is that proper English? YES! When I ask my husband about the kids staying somewhere or going somewhere and I wrong for refering to them as "THEY". Hmmm..... I must be kid bashing. How awful of me.
You bad bad person! :lmao:

Why not? This is a Disney trip planning site and they asked about crowds...I swear every year someone asks a question about gay days...and it may be a legit question and everyone jumps on them like stink on poop.

Ewwwww......:sick:

hehe

the joys of anonymous postings on the interwebs....it's hard to have your intentions understood.

Lets talk about ignorant. When I refer to more than one person doing or not doing something I refer to them as "THEY". Let's see is that proper English? YES! When I ask my husband about the kids staying somewhere or going somewhere and I wrong for refering to them as "THEY". Hmmm..... I must be kid bashing. How awful of me.

I'm quite familiar with traditional English grammar. I have a degree in literature, thanks. If you'd like to discuss semantics, the established subject in that post is "gay people" not crowds. Therefore any mention of "they" refers to gay people. In fact, crowds aren't even mentioned until the OP gets defensive about the original question later in the post. I'm done with this thread. Clearly no one is going to change their opinion about being a little more sensitive when discussing sensitive issues. It's your right. Just as it's my right to be offended by people who don't think before they open their mouths. I'm sorry, I suppose I should have shared my insider information. All gays participate in a group orgy at 3pm, so they should head back to their resorts around 2:30. Then they have Prancing Practice at MK at 7:30, so I would plan to vamoose around 7:15. Oh, and they all stay at the Contemporary, so as long as you book somewhere else you probably won't run into them. Gays also only visit WDW on Gay Days, so as long as you don't plan for the first week of June you won't have any awkward explaining to do when Johnny sees two ladies holding hands on various other vacation trips.

Please, continue discussing crowd control.

I'm quite familiar with traditional English grammar. I have a degree in literature, thanks. If you'd like to discuss semantics, the established subject in that post is "gay people" not crowds. Therefore any mention of "they" refers to gay people. In fact, crowds aren't even mentioned until the OP gets defensive about the original question later in the post.

You might want to read the title of the thread :goodvibes

Okay, so I have a question...seriously...no offense intended. I hear that Gay Brazillian Cheerleaders converge on the parks in December for GaBraChe Days. At what time of the day do they stop breaking out in Brazillian pro-gay rights cheers? I'm only asking because it annoys the heck out of me to hear them screaming gay chants in Portugese while dancing around in those short red skirts. That's the only reason. Other than that, I just LOVE Gay Brazillian Cheerleaders...I count them among my best friends. I just don't want to be in the theme parks with them...just because of the crowds, ya know? ;)

I'm thinking the mods should shoot this thread before it goes any further. This has gotten way out of hand with people accusing other people of saying things they didn't.

Would people have gotten upset if I asked the following:

I'm wondering about the crowds during Star Wars Weekends. I'm planning on going when there is also an EMH. Do they stay around late on those days? Does it affect wait times?

Would I have given offense to they (people celebrating Star Wars) any more than referring to they (people celebrating Gay Days)? We are referring to a group that may or may not affect crowd levels. "They" is a perfectly acceptable third person plural pronoun that refers to a group. As in "the group of people celebrating Gay Days", "the group of people celebrating Star Wars Weekend", "the group of people on the DISboards", etc.

Fact: Gay Days involves events both inside and outside of WDW. I think it is perfectly acceptable to wonder if "they" (the group that celebrates Gay Days" in this case) not only affects the crowd levels, but whether that group may leave the park at a certain time because of other events and thus no longer affect the crowd level. And referring to the group as "they" is proper English.

And I still have my original question - how do they (people celebrating Gay Days") and they (people celebrating SWW) on the same night affect crowd levels?

And don't even START telling me I'm ignorant, intolerant, or anything like that, because you would be incredibly wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with the question. However, I do think you are an idiot. The only one who seems to have a problem, and is possibly homophobic is you. Get over yourself.

Just because 1 of 6 people on this thread are offended, doesn't mean I'm the only one with a problem. I don't need to get over myself, I need to get over this thread. Done and done. Thanks. Have a nice, albeit sheltered, life.

I already made that point - was handily glossed over!

(But maybe my grammar was wrong and it got mis-understood?)

I noticed that on the previous page, but with how quick this thread has grown I thought it was worth reposting. And if your grammer was wrong, I don't want to be right...:thumbsup2

Because how would the average person here know the specific evening plans of any group? If OP wants to know those plans why not ask the group, which is very easy to do?

I already made that point - was handily glossed over!

(But maybe my grammar was wrong and it got mis-understood?)

Naaah. Standard Internet discussion forum meme. Never let facts get in the way of an argument. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter