• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gay Days crowd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It states on a web site that Gay Days are going to be at DHS on Friday, June 5. Do they stay at the park the entire day? Or do they leave with other evening plans? Please know I am only asking this question for crowd reasons. I am in no way bashing gay day.

The fact that you really don't believe you're "gay bashing" is even more irritating than if you were doing it outright. "Do they stay at the park the entire day...?" Seriously? THEY stay at the park until whenever THEY want to leave. Do Hispanics stay at the park later on Tuesdays? Do "the Jews" all leave the park after 5 on Hanukkah? Seriously? This is not a legitimate question! This is not a question about crowd control. This is outright ridiculousness to find out whether or not all the gays leave before dinner time. "C'mon honey, it's four fifteen, time for all the gays to go back to the resort..." Ugh, this makes me so mad. You can't generalize are "they leaving with other plans?" Do all the star wars freaks leave the park at the same time? Do all the families of 4 pack up after lunch? They leave the park when they're ready to leave the park. It's not any more or less crowded than any other celebratory day. It's not ingrained in their DNA to leave the park when other gays leave the park. And for those of you wondering why a thread got so heated based on "crowd control" - you're just as homophobic as the OP. Here is how the question SHOULD have been phrased to be way less offensive.

It states on the web site that Hollywood Studios is hosting Gay Days on Friday, June 5. Is this a really busy time to visit the park? From your experience, is it any more crowded than regular days?

It makes me so mad that you don't even realize how ignorant you are. Ugh. I'm so hot right now.

The fact that you really don't believe you're "gay bashing" is even more irritating than if you were doing it outright. "Do they stay at the park the entire day...?" Seriously? THEY stay at the park until whenever THEY want to leave. Do Hispanics stay at the park later on Tuesdays? Do "the Jews" all leave the park after 5 on Hanukkah? Seriously? This is not a legitimate question! This is not a question about crowd control. This is outright ridiculousness to find out whether or not all the gays leave before dinner time. "C'mon honey, it's four fifteen, time for all the gays to go back to the resort..." Ugh, this makes me so mad. You can't generalize are "they leaving with other plans?" Do all the star wars freaks leave the park at the same time? Do all the families of 4 pack up after lunch? They leave the park when they're ready to leave the park. It's not any more or less crowded than any other celebratory day. It's not ingrained in their DNA to leave the park when other gays leave the park. And for those of you wondering why a thread got so heated based on "crowd control" - you're just as homophobic as the OP. Here is how the question SHOULD have been phrased to be way less offensive.

It makes me so mad that you don't even realize how ignorant you are. Ugh. I'm so hot right now.

Are you kidding me? :confused3

The OP wanted to know how the crowds would be because of this event. Last summer we were there and went to MK on the Saturday the gay days were scheduled on. It didn't seem and worse than the Saturday before it (2 week trip). I think enough people stay away from the parks on those days and it kind of balances out.

Wow! Maybe by 'they' OP meant 'the crowds'...........

When I talk about my parents, or the people who live upstairs I say 'they' after I've established who I'm talking about - doesn't mean I'm being ignorant - just talking English.........

Way to go trying to look open minded!

No I'm not kidding. The phrase "Do THEY stay at the park the entire day" is the homophobic part and so very clearly NOT about crowd control. My rule of thumb is, if you think something is homophobic, sexist, or generally discriminatory, replace the key word in the phrase with the word "blacks" and reread your sentence. If it's not right then, it wasn't right before.

It states on a web site that African American Days are going to be at DHS on Friday, June 5. Do blacks stay at the park the entire day? Or do they leave with other evening plans? Please know I am only asking this question for crowd reasons. I am in no way bashing African American day.

Still think there's nothing wrong with the question?

Wow! Maybe by 'they' OP meant 'the crowds'...........

If they did, maybe OP should have used "people" instead. Not sure how familiar you are with the English language, but pronouns can often get confusing if there is more than one subject. And by your grammar, the established subject WAS the "gays"...

No I'm not kidding. The phrase "Do THEY stay at the park the entire day" is the homophobic part and so very clearly NOT about crowd control. My rule of thumb is, if you think something is homophobic, sexist, or generally discriminatory, replace the key word in the phrase with the word "blacks" and reread your sentence. If it's not right then, it wasn't right before.

Still think there's nothing wrong with the question?
Get off your high horse, it isn't homophobic in the slightest, the OP blatantly meant crowds, and everyone here knows it.

If they did, maybe OP should have used "people" instead. Not sure how familiar you are with the English language, but pronouns can often get confusing if there is more than one subject. And by your grammar, the established subject WAS the "gays"...
Oh yes, thats right - the title of this thread is "Gay Day gays" not "Gay Day crowds" ha, how silly of me!

Have you been there during gay days? The parks can be a sea of red because of how many people come out for it. I can definitely see how someone would be worried about how busy the park is during that weekend. The OP did more than enough to show they were only curious about the crowd levels. If the OP was truly homophobic, would they even go to Disney during the celebration?

I think you need to climb off your horse and CHILL OUT.

IBTL+Motivational_poster1210642292.jpg

I think that your assumptions are way over the top. I asked my GAY friends who have been to Gay Days about how crowded the parks seemed to be since we will be there at the tail end of Gay Days this year. I might have used the term "they" since I was told that many of those who celebrate enjoy hanging out together. :confused3

Anyway, back to the question...it sounds like only the Magic Kingdom really gets a large crowd or at least that was the experience of those I asked. They mentioned some partying going on at a few hotels and in prior days at Downtown Disney but of course that wouldn't be a factor.

I'm fine and I'm certainly not on a "high horse." I'm allowed to be offended by whatever I want to be. That's the beauty of taking offense to something. I just think the OP should choose words more carefully when in mixed company. It IS offensive and you won't convince me otherwise. My point was, there are plenty of other ways to go about asking whether or not the park is crowded on Gay Days then asking if all the gay park patrons go home in the early evening.

I'm fine and I'm certainly not on a "high horse." I'm allowed to be offended by whatever I want to be. That's the beauty of taking offense to something. I just think the OP should choose words more carefully when in mixed company. It IS offensive and you won't convince me otherwise. My point was, there are plenty of other ways to go about asking whether or not the park is crowded on Gay Days then asking if all the gay park patrons go home in the early evening.

I guess I read a different thread:confused3...I see nothing offensive OP asked a question.They asked a question about crowds.Nothing I read screams Bigot .If this gets you that upset then you have deeper issues.I am not a bigot nor a homophobe either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter