Gay Days 2009

Thanks! I'm excited and can't wait!! I'll be staying with a friend who lives in Orlando for the weekend then check in to the Poly on Monday. This will be my 4th or 5th Gay Days. Last one was 2007.

I'll have to PM you when I get that capability back about your stay :rotfl:

Is there a night when Cirque du Soleil is popular for Gay Days?

I'm curious about this too as I'd really like to go this year. Just not sure I can drag my friend to it. He doesn't seem too interested in it. I've been wanting to catch the show for years.

When my partner and I go it's really to just walk around the Kingdom and see all our friends we haven't seen since the year before. Oh, and we like to catch the Country Bears "Bear" showing which is so much fun. :)

I am hearing information that Disney is not allowing any circuit parties on property and all Disney references have been removed from omw.com

what on world is Disney thinking?

I am hearing information that Disney is not allowing any circuit parties on property and all Disney references have been removed from omw.com

what on world is Disney thinking?

Disney tickets are still available on the OMW website. They were always kind of light on the Disney references on that site though.

This is ture. There will some annocuments next week on the new venues. What is going on?

do you have a link to confirm the truth? I'd like to read it and see what the deal is.

I think it's quite obvious at this point...when you look at the huge cluster last year during gay days at PI, then the closing of PI, and now this, it's obvious Disney is trying to get away from the reputation of being a good place to party.

Gee, it's a good thing the economy is doing so well and they are making such high profits that they can just throw revenue out the window.

morons

edit: they are still morons, but the omw.com website states new announcements are coming

HELLO ALL!!

Yeah, it's been a busy few months for us so we haven't been around much. Just dropped by to say that we will be down there (Me, DW [turkygurl], and her brother [the gay one ;)] for Gay Days 2009. The plan so far is just Friday night through Sunday, but we may tack on Thursday as well...we'll see.

Look forward to seeing lots of you again and meeting new faces!

Cheers

I just got my custom park maps and Magical Express packet in the mail for my GayDays trip! :banana:

The new venues were announced today. Beach Ball will be at Buena Vista Palace. One Mighty Party will be at Gaylord Palms. All Stars will also be at Buena Vista Palace. Wonder how the location changes will affect turn out this year?

Good day everyone. Please read this post before flaming me.

I recently discovered that my children's first visit to Disney World will be during Gay Days. At first I didn't think much of it since I've been to other attractions and such where there were gay groups attending. But then I've heard horror stories from both straight and gay friends about outlandish behavior during this time.

For those who've been on this trip before, could you confirm/deny any of this?

wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

I am really hoping not to see raunchy public displays of affection by either straight or gay couples. I am really hoping not to see Fred Phelps type Christians making a spectacles of themselves in protest.

What I hope to see are well behaved, respectful, normal people attending Disney as friends, couples, and families - gay or straight!

Please let me know what to expect! :confused3

Good day everyone. Please read this post before flaming me.

I recently discovered that my children's first visit to Disney World will be during Gay Days. At first I didn't think much of it since I've been to other attractions and such where there were gay groups attending. But then I've heard horror stories from both straight and gay friends about outlandish behavior during this time.

For those who've been on this trip before, could you confirm/deny any of this?

wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

I am really hoping not to see raunchy public displays of affection by either straight or gay couples. I am really hoping not to see Fred Phelps type Christians making a spectacles of themselves in protest.

What I hope to see are well behaved, respectful, normal people attending Disney as friends, couples, and families - gay or straight!

Please let me know what to expect! :confused3

Hi, Straight Family Guy! Welcome to our little corner of the DIS!

Thank you for not automatically assuming the worse about Gay Days and taking the time to ask about it first. We appreciate that!

The article you reference above was written several years ago, and it does not match what I've seen the past few years at Gay Days.

I've been to every Gay Days since 2003. In my experience, you won't see anything more or less inappropriate than you'd see any other time of the year. It's just that the couple holding hands or kissing each other might happen to be of the same gender. I've never seen anyone in the GLBT crowd who came close to what I've seen some straight teenagers doing in the parks.

Sadly, every group will have people who don't behave themselves. Please don't judge all of us by them, any more than you'd want to be judged by the way other straight people act. Just ignore them, and move on. It's what we tend to do.

I would say to avoid Magic Kingdom on Saturday, because it's going to be very crowded.

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask any specific questions or continue this discussion as you need to. We've got a great group of people on this board, and they'll be happy to help you in whatever way we can!

Just a tip....

In the years past, the MK on Saturday is pretty much DEAD after 3:00pm because most people leave to head to the evening events.

Now that Pleasure Island is "toned down", not sure how this will play out, but it's worth giving it a shot!

And the anti-gay protestors gave up years ago becasue they can't get anywhere near the Parks to protest.

Thanks for the info. When my friend told me to avoid the Redshirts I thought he was talking about the Trekkies there to battle us Star Wars fans attending Star Wars Weekends :lmao:

Anyway, let's all hope for a quiet and enjoyable week at the park!

Thanks for the info. When my friend told me to avoid the Redshirts I thought he was talking about the Trekkies there to battle us Star Wars fans attending Star Wars Weekends :lmao:

LoL! Too Funny!! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
I've been to Gay Days several times and haven't seen anything inappropriate. As stated before, I've seen more inappropriate behavior from teenagers. I wouldn't worry about it.

You know SFG, you could even try dressing yourself and family in red shirts. Showing support for all peoples is a very Disney like thing. ::yes::

Straight Family Guy:

As a gay man I decided to check out gay days in both 2007 and 2008. What was all the hubbubb, I thought?

The only thing I found outlandish were the expressions on the red shirts. (Simply wearing a red shirt isn't enough these days, I suppose. You need to have on that red shirt some kind of cutesy, quippy, shocking and/or double entendre expression.)

One woman whose hair was very, very short, apparently, from what her shirt said, was inviting me to "read her lips." The funny thing was that neither she nor those with her were deaf. They communicated with each other verbally, too, not with sign language.

A man in a red shirt and very, very tight shorts, was wearing a shirt that said, "Team Princess." The funny thing was that during the afternoon parade, where I stood just a few feet from him, none of his team members joined him. Where was this team he was advertising?

Another woman whose hair was also very, very short was wearing a shirt that said, "No -uff too tough." I thought it odd that she was concerned about earmuffs in Florida where they're not needed any time of the year. Maybe the gal was from New England? And what was she going to do with those muffs? Tear them apart? Tenderize them?

Finally, a very, very thin man whose hair was a color you don't normally find in nature was wearing a shirt that was telling me he was having some kind of a party in one particular item of clothing he was wearing, and inviting me to attend that party. Now, I've gone to parties inside of buildings, but not inside of articles of clothing.

These are just 4 examples--I have a list of about 50 red shirt expressions somewhere. If I were going to gay days this year I'm sure I'd be adding to that list.

If your children are old enough to read, and you attend gay days at any given park, you may have, as Desi Arnez said, "some 'splaining to do."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter