Gay Days 2009

I've been gone from the boards for a few months ( got laid off then bought my own business ) but one of the first things I did was plan for time off for gay days. I've had my room booked since September and just booked my flights. After working 100 or more hour weeks the last few months I plan on letting loose!! (AGAIN)

See you there :-)

Shoot, I had no idea Gay Days were the first week of June. I mean, I'm glad I'll be down there during then, but I'll be with my mom and my brother who aren't the most...tolerant?...people. Anyone want to give me a preview of how awkward it might be?

Awkward? Well, that's kind of hard to answer since I don't find it an awkward time. :)

You will see the most amazing sea of red shirts on the Magic Kingdom day. ::yes::

You will see beautiful people with and without children having a wonderful time at WDW. ::yes::

You will see laughter, joy, happiness, and smiles from guests to CMs who are always in a better mood during Gay Days. ::yes::

You may (if you are lucky) ;) see the small band of friends who wear their kilts.

You'll see some hand holding and it will make you smile. ::yes::

Perhaps if you let us know what you may be worried about (a bit more specifically, I mean) we can help you set your fears to rest? ::yes::

Well, I'm not out to my family, and I really don't need to give my mom any more reason to question whether or not I like girls (believe me, it's come up a lot before). Is it really obvious that it'll be Gay Days when we're down there? I'm counting on her being the ever oblivious person she can be and kind of write it off if she asks...

I really don't want to offend anyone or put Gay Days down in any way, because I'm sure it's a great time. I'm just trying to figure out how much I'll have to prepare for the first week of our stay, lol.

Ah. I see. :hug:

Well, to us it's pretty obvious, but that does depend upon your picking up on some of the cues. The red shirts, things like that. However, you will see same gender couples interacting, again with the hand holding and perhaps a quick kiss here and there. That's all I've ever seen at the many gay days we've attended.

Perhaps one of our CMs can give you more info... we tend to be pretty oblivious in some ways ourselves! :)

I just booked our flight. My partner and I will be there celebrating our 15th year anniversery!! Will be there 06/01-06/07. We can not wait. Does anyone want to set up a meet and greet??:dance3: :cheer2: :grouphug:

My best friend and I are going to be coming down for Gaydays on the 3-8th. Any suggestions about things we should defintely do? We've been to gaydays.com so we know abou that website. Anything else we are missing?

I'm going this year! First time ever. SO EXCITED!

I'm staying at the Hilton next to Downtown Disney.

I'm also excited to be going to the One Mighty Party at Hollywood Studios. :woohoo:

I go to the One Mighty party at Hollywood Studios every time I go and it is such a good time. Entertainment music drinking rides . I never miss it !

I NEED A VACATION !

My friends and I are going this year and will be there May 31st - June 7th. I haven't been in years and can't wait! Already started working out for Beach Ball. I've been planning the details already... scary I know.

My friends and I are going this year and will be there May 31st - June 7th. I haven't been in years and can't wait! Already started working out for Beach Ball. I've been planning the details already... scary I know.

Planning in advance of a trip to WDW, even a Gay Days trip, is far from scary, it's smart! Welcome to the group. :)

I'm so excited to be going to Gay Days again this year!
Last time, I saw friends from several other cities and was surprised. It seems I couldn't ride Splash Mountain without coming across a friend.
Here is a rundown on the park dates:
Thursday June 4th Animal Kingdom
Friday June 5th Disney's Hollywood Studios
Saturday June 6th Magic Kingdom
Sunday June 7th Epcot
Bring 4 red shirts as the crowd goes red every day.

well since I live here now, I took thurs, fri, and sat off for gay days and look forward to spending it in a drunken stupor! I only regret that I've never experienced a Thursday gay days at Mannequins. Where, oh where will we go?

Hi everyone....DH and I are finally able to make it..first time for gay days but have lost track of our visits to WDW. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas from the 3rd to the 7th. Anyone else staying at AKV or on property? For those of us staying on property and not into the circuit scene...meet and greets could be fun.

Chuck :goofy:

well since I live here now, I took thurs, fri, and sat off for gay days and look forward to spending it in a drunken stupor! I only regret that I've never experienced a Thursday gay days at Mannequins. Where, oh where will we go?

You still need to visit one of these days!

With no PI, I might just have to visit some of the parties at the host hotel this year. I've never done them before, but since I cant afford Beach Ball or OMP, they'll have to do. :thumbsup2

:welcome: !

And that's a first post worth celebrating!

Thanks! I'm excited and can't wait!! I'll be staying with a friend who lives in Orlando for the weekend then check in to the Poly on Monday. This will be my 4th or 5th Gay Days. Last one was 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter