Gate closure today

Nevada Jen

DIS Veteran
just left dca and they said only people allowed into Disneyland are those who have already been in today! Is there something going on this weekend?

Today is the last weekend of the SoCal 3 day ticket offer. So everyone that purchased the tickets, this is their last chance to get in before they expire.

It is hot too. 90 degrees

Space Mountain 180
Matterhorn 120
Big Thunder 100
Splash 180
Pirates 100

No thank you, I would be miserable with the crowds combined with the heat.

I hope the people that are there are at least having fun

Today is the last weekend of the SoCal 3 day ticket offer. So everyone that purchased the tickets, this is their last chance to get in before they expire.

It is hot too. 90 degrees

Space Mountain 180
Matterhorn 120
Big Thunder 100
Splash 180
Pirates 100

No thank you, I would be miserable with the crowds combined with the heat.

I hope the people that are there are at least having fun
We had similar waits on Friday evening. It was brutal. Getting through security was over 30 minutes and that was the longest we have ever waited. The worst was when we went to leave and the line for the Toy Story shuttle was all the way to Harbor!!!!!! The wait was over 30 minutes just to get on the shuttle (so we were told) and we we decided to walk back instead. It seemed worse than Christmas!

Some of our party's APs had their last Friday before summer open and we decided to give it a try. In 6 hours we got on 3 rides (most fast passes were out). We still had a good time but wow, those crowds!!!

By the way, the fireworks started but were stopped within the first 3 or so minutes. It seemed too windy and I was surprises they were going off at all. The star fireworks looked like melted stars and it stopped right at the Tiki Room. There was no warning announcement that they could be cancelled. I was surprised.

I read this thread this morning and hopped over to touring plans to see what they had reported for the crowd calendar. It was only a 9 according their calendar. How can the park be at max capacity and only be a 9/10? I am losing faith in touring plans.

I read this thread this morning and hopped over to touring plans to see what they had reported for the crowd calendar. It was only a 9 according their calendar. How can the park be at max capacity and only be a 9/10? I am losing faith in touring plans.

I just went to Touring Plans and double checked this for myself. Yes, they predicted 9/10 and "saw" 9/10 for a day that was at maximum capacity. It begs the question of what a 10/10 would be according to their algorithms.

LOL, I lost that a long time ago. That you or anyone else had any faith at all is only because you were not paying close enough attention. :)

See Why I Am Skeptical of the Touring Plans Website DLR Crowd Calendar

:wizard:

I just went to Touring Plans and double checked this for myself. Yes, they predicted 9/10 and "saw" 9/10 for a day that was at maximum capacity. It begs the question of what a 10/10 would be according to their algorithms.
Steph, have you ever seen my TP analysis I just linked above?

:wizard:

On the 60th kickoff they closed the park because so many people were camped out on Main St for the PTN premiere. The rest of the park wasn't at capacity yet. The other thing is I doubt that Touring Plans is able to adjust for the reduced capacity due to the current closures. Disney hasn't disclosed how many people per hour were using TSI, ROA and railroad or in the areas that are currently closed, so how could they realistically know how many fewer people would be allowed in to account for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter