• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gate check stroller

wvjules

DIS Veteran
i saw gate check bags for strollers on Amazon but I don’t think I have actually seen a stroller in a bag at gate check. Are they needed or no?

Last edited:
Unless your stroller has a few parts that come off, no, you really don't need a bag for gate checking.

I really don't think it could get that dirty in the hold...

I have a bag for our stroller, but we use it for when we check it in with our luggage. When gate checking, we don't bother with a bag.

We do use a bag to gate check our stroller but it’s a small stroller and mainly we use it so we can grab the handles of the bag and keep moving. We’d admittedly be fine without it.

Thank you! This will probably be the only time flying with a stroller so I didn’t want to buy one if it isn’t really needed.

This is our first time flying with a stroller. Its a side by side stroller for 2 children (Baby Trend) with jogging wheels. We were wondering if we could take the stroller through security and gate check it so I guess this means we can.

Is there anything different that needs to be done when doing this? I imagine we just tell the lady at the check in desk near the plane entrance that we need to gate check it and that's all? Where do we pick it up at?

I am flying American and they have a 20lb weight limit on gate checked strollers. Read to see what the policy is for the airline you are flying on.

If you are able to gate check it you will leave it at the end of the jet bridge right before you board the plane. You will pick it up at the same place. (I've never gate checked a stroller but I have gate checked a roller bag many times. :) )

We always used a gate check bag. It helps keep it clean and all the parts there. Also one time a stroller opened up and they couldn’t figure out how to close it and it was on the wrong side of the door

This appears to be an old thread, but to keep from starting a new thread I'd thought just use this one. We are gate checking our stroller (Uppababy Cruz) and want to use a bag for it, just to make it easier for both us and crew to handle/move. The one that Uppa baby makes specifically for this model of stroller is pretty substantial and therefore, substantially expensive ($100+). For those that do use a bag, do you have a recommendation? I'm not looking for armor plating here, just something to keep it from flopping open or the fabric pieces, like the canopy, getting smashed or caught onto things as the crew brings it back/forth down to the hold.

This appears to be an old thread, but to keep from starting a new thread I'd thought just use this one. We are gate checking our stroller (Uppababy Cruz) and want to use a bag for it, just to make it easier for both us and crew to handle/move. The one that Uppa baby makes specifically for this model of stroller is pretty substantial and therefore, substantially expensive ($100+). For those that do use a bag, do you have a recommendation? I'm not looking for armor plating here, just something to keep it from flopping open or the fabric pieces, like the canopy, getting smashed or caught onto things as the crew brings it back/forth down to the hold.

If you like the fit of the Uppababy cover for the Cruz stroller, maybe you can just put the whole thing (stroller + Uppababy cover) into one of those big red gate check bags to keep it clean. We use those gate check bags for strollers and car seats. They're cheap and gets abused, but the contents inside stay well from experience.

While on the topic of strollers, I was wondering what people would recommend in terms of strollers for traveling with an infant and small toddler. When we go on road trips, we generally take 1 standard stroller (Uppababy Cruz) and 1 compact folding stroller (Babyzen Yoyo). For flying to WDW, would people recommend taking this combination of strollers, or just get/rent another travel-friendly stroller?

1 std + 1 compact: infant sleeps better in the std stroller, but more work transporting stroller
2 compact: easy to get around, but less comfortable for infant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter