• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gasparilla Turkey Sandwich?

Daisy1940

Mouseketeer
Quick question for those staying at or visiting Grand Floridian: does Gasparilla Grill have the holiday turkey sandwich this year? It isn’t listed in the app but I am hoping it is back this year. Thank you!

Quick question for those staying at or visiting Grand Floridian: does Gasparilla Grill have the holiday turkey sandwich this year? It isn’t listed in the app but I am hoping it is back this year. Thank you!

It was there when we went 2-9 November. It was not on the menu but when you go up to order, there is a little "card" for lack of a better word sitting up there showing it.

I will say that about 5 of us ordered this sandwich and unanimously thought it was awful. Not sure if it's changed since previous reviews of it, but I've had these "thanksgiving" type sandwiches before and I love them, but not this one.

It was there when we went 2-9 November. It was not on the menu but when you go up to order, there is a little "card" for lack of a better word sitting up there showing it.

I will say that about 5 of us ordered this sandwich and unanimously thought it was awful. Not sure if it's changed since previous reviews of it, but I've had these "thanksgiving" type sandwiches before and I love them, but not this one.

Thank you!! Oh man, that’s a bummer that it wasn’t good. I may have to rethink going for it as that’s the only reason I wanted to go to GF. It was really great last year.

Thank you!! Oh man, that’s a bummer that it wasn’t good. I may have to rethink going for it as that’s the only reason I wanted to go to GF. It was really great last year.

I can't tell you if it has changed or not and it very well may be that it hasn't; however, as I said, five or six of us got this sandwich (we were a group of 16 and from different families and got the sandwich at different times) and no one like it at all. I can't point to a specific problem, but my overall impression was that the bread was way too hard (ciabatta) so biting into a messy sandwich wasn't good, the stuffing on the sandwich was really salty, the turkey seemed very processed, and the gravy was kind of congealed. Again, I've had this style of sandwich lots of places (Earl of Sandwich does great with it), but this one I actually threw out after a few bites and had to go get a pizza later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter