• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

gas prices?

wdwcrazee

Earning My Ears
We'll be driving to WDW from Northern Maryland next week and I was wondering if anyone from the Southern States(namely NC, SC, GA and FL) could give me an idea of low grade gas prices in their area. I have no idea how much to allow for this, even though we've always driven to The World .
Also can anyone recommend a nice clean hotel along I-95 South in northern FL or Southern GA. We're hoping that we'll make it that far before stopping for the night and don't plan to make any reservations.
:cool: :D

You will want to be sure you need gas when you get to Georgia and fill up before you leave it. They have a very low gas tax and their gas is usually about 50 cents a gallon cheaper then in Michigan.

I am in Ga and just filled my car up today. Paid 1.43 a gal of reg. it may be a little higher near the coast , since i am in the metro Atlanta area but that will at least give you an idea . And yes Ga is known for our cheap gas prices ... usually one of the lowest in the nation...

Steer clear of the pumps in VA -- 1.57 is considered a very good price, at least here in the Va Beach area. 1.67 is what I've been seeing more of.

Thanks everyone for your quick reply's, last weekend the gas prices in my area were $1.76 for low grade! I'm glad to hear that it's a little cheaper further sounth.

How much should I budget for gas for a 2,000 mile round trip from Ohio to FL.....it's hard for me to figure, since prices vary so much....and DH will only buy the most expensive grade (drives me insane). Right now premium is $2.00 a gallon here.

Didnt see anyone who posted from NC, I live on the western side of the state but, its about $1.58 here. I have seen prices in some of the bigger cities (On the local news) for $1.39 and lower! Even in VA along the border! Along the coast it will probably be closer to $1.60.

17 days!:wave:

Let me try to intrepret my notes from our trip in mid-May :) :
1. 5/10/01, gas at US 301 just into VA (near Dahlgren), $1.529 for regular at a Sheets Gasoline;
2. 5/10/01, somewhere in NC off I95, $1.579 for regular;
3. 5/10/01, Richmond Hills, GA (I think it is exit 87), Raceway $1.479 - This is also where we usually stop for the night. There is a very nice Hampton Inn. We have stayed there a few times & recommend it.
4. 5/11/01, I4, Sanford, FL (Autotrain exit, exit 51, I think), Raceway, $1.479 regular;

On WDW property we noticed gas was $1.749 which is about what we are paying at home. Just off WDW property there was a station even higher than Disney (I forget what it was)!

On the way home (5/19-5/20) my notes aren't as detailed - same FL station $1.539; Gerogia $1.499; Virginia $1.499.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter