Gas just hit 4.00 a gallon in Orlando..

How on earth do you pay for that? When I was married maintaining 2 cars, that would have been $300/week. My then wife wouldn't have made enough at her part time job to make ends meet to get to work and back.

It is really crazy. My husband has a Porsche which takes one grade higher than Premium and only a few stations sell it. I have no idea what that gas costs right now and I am scared to find out!

To answer your question for our family: I have a plug in hybrid SUV and for 99% of my driving I don't use any gas and when I do use ga If DH goes anywhere he either takes my vehicle or he rides his bike.

Kentucky - I paid $3.03 a week ago. It's $3.99 now. I live super close to work and don't drive that much so I'm thankful for that.

FYI for those that grocery shop. Price changes have dropped down over the weekend to increase prices on al
That’s probably the usual limit and has nothing to do with being limited in gas. We have an extra gas tank in our truck for when we’re pulling the camper, and most gas stations won’t allow filling more than $75 or $100 at any given time, you have to re-swipe your card to get more or go inside. It has nothing to do with the amount of gas but because of the hold put on the credit card.

Like I said before, it never has happened. DH goes over $100 all the time on our debit. It's never been an issue. Heard gas was being limited to $85 with others. We were like yeah right too. Then gas was limited to $85 with DH this morning.

On the way to work this morning everywhere was $4.19. Coworker made the comment at 9 am "hey, at least the gas didn't go up overnight." No, since you saw it at $4.19 an hour ago, everyone is reporting it now online at $4.59.

Many localities only allow one price change every 24 hours, so the changes will be bigger but slower in those locales...

Reading this tread brings memories of the late 70s when we had gas rationing under Jimmy Carter. It was an every other day thing based on the license plate number. I sure hope we don't get to that again.

We could attempt to restart all our oil and gas projects from the 2010s and take up Canada on their request to restart Keystone (made yesterday). We have enough to avoid rationing at all if we want to use it.

Well hold on folks because it's only going to get worse unless we change our policies and loosen up on the regulations on the oil companies. Allow drilling on federal land, allow fracking and restart the pipeline...I know the pipeline isn't a quick fix but if it hadn't been stopped in the first place it might be open and pumping oil right now when we and the rest of the world needs it.

1. There isn't a single drop of oil not being produced because we didn't do Keystone phase 4. It is simply a delivery mechanism and it is currently being transported by other means including existing pipeline.

2. The particular oil it would carry is bitumen, a gooey mess with the consistency of peanut butter. It isn't produced in the regular way. It is extracted from oil sands.

The process is expensive thus, we're not going to be having a boom of cheap oil even if the pipeline resulted in more production. In fact, cheap oil makes it unprofitable.

3. Drilling has not been halted by the Federal government. The only thing paused is the issuance of new leases. In fact, for the year after the pause as of late january, the pace of issuing actual drilling permits is up relative to the years prior. But the Oil companies have almost 10,000 leases they are just sitting on right now accounting for roughly half the land area leased. What really halts drilling is cheap oil and gas prices. The oil companies simply will not spend the money unless they see prices sustaining at a high enough level in the future to justify it. These days, they pretty much know what is down there and how much it is going to cost to produce within about 10-20% before they even start. A popular movie once coined the phrase if you build it he will come. Unfortunately, if you lease it, he will drill doesn't apply to the oil industry.

It's ridiculous here, as well. We have to drive a 9mpg motorhome from Washington to Georgia in early April. Not looking forward to that at all.

We could attempt to restart all our oil and gas projects from the 2010s and take up Canada on their request to restart Keystone (made yesterday). We have enough to avoid rationing at all if we want to use it.

Native American tribes really don't want a future leaky pipeline moving Canadian oil over their land into the Gulf. It's a terrible idea with expected environmental issues. I'd rather pay more for gas than destroy the environment in the future. And we're slowly moving to EV anyway. Maybe the higher gas prices pushes us faster.

Native American tribes really don't want a future leaky pipeline moving Canadian oil over their land into the Gulf. It's a terrible idea with expected environmental issues. I'd rather pay more for gas than destroy the environment in the future. And we're slowly moving to EV anyway. Maybe the higher gas prices pushes us faster.
So do you think the Iranians and Venezuelans will harm our global environment less than America and Canada?

In the U.K. unleaded petrol is £1.59 per litre. Diesel sold out in my local garage. Heating oil is now 79 pence a litre, up from 43pence this time last year. Electricity prices have doubled.

So do you think the Iranians and Venezuelans will harm our global environment less than America and Canada?

I think, a pipeline leaking in the US is a bigger problem for us than it happening abroad. Of course, we have already seen tankers leak and cause ecological disasters in our oceans. I'd hope in the future we're mostly off gas.

I think, a pipeline leaking in the US is a bigger problem for us than it happening abroad. Of course, we have already seen tankers leak and cause ecological disasters in our oceans. I'd hope in the future we're mostly off gas.
So the leak is a foregone conclusion? Time to go buy a coal powered car then.

Climate concerns are a global concern.

We've managed an Alaskan one for a very long time. In the last 20 years, all of its oil spills/leaks combined have been less than 10000 barrels. in total leakage..b/c the US takes safety and environmental concerns seriously, so a report is generated for a leak as low as 1 barrel...

So the leak is a foregone conclusion? Time to go buy a coal powered car then.

The pipeline that serves the south east leaked. They had to shut it down. Gas shortages and lines at the pump happened in ATL. These pipelines leak. I've never heard of one that didn't leak.

We could always have more nuclear power plants.

The pipeline that serves the south east leaked. They had to shut it down. Gas shortages and lines at the pump happened in ATL. These pipelines leak. I've never heard of one that didn't leak.

We could always have more nuclear power plants.

At this time, that is actually also a great idea.

We've managed an Alaskan one for a very long time. In the last 20 years, all of its oil spills/leaks combined have been less than 10000 barrels. in total leakage..b/c the US takes safety and environmental concerns seriously, so a report is generated for a leak as low as 1 barrel...

Each barrel has 42 gallons. One is too much. Do you want oil in your drinking water?

Each barrel has 42 gallons. One is too much. Do you want oil in your drinking water?

We have spills in the oceans transporting the oil that FAR exceed this total in ONE spill...and we have to use the fossil fuel to actually transport it across oceans.

We clean up our spills - the world doesn't.

If you want clean oil/coal/natural gas, the best place is, and has been, North America.

Edit to Add: The Exxon Valdez spill (aka 1 boat) spilled 11 million gallons of crude or 257,000 barrels - in one spill. So, almost 26X what the Alaskan pipeline has done in 20 years of use.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter