Gas just hit 4.00 a gallon in Orlando..

I was going to wait for paycheck to hit the account on Friday, but maybe I shouldn't. :sad:

I was going to wait until the weekend because we are leaving for vacation and my car would just be used to get to the airport. Was hoping by the time we got back prices would ease a bit.
I’m going today instead. I’ll run all my errands so I don’t have to go back out.

This morning I passed my gas station (MA) and I saw $4.29/gallon. I had somewhere to go and thought, I’ll get gas on my way back. By the time I got back, roughly an hour later, the price had gone up to $4.33/gallon! 😬

What used to cost me $30 has now doubled to almost $60, which is appx. $120 extra per month for me ($1500/yr).

74DF04AF-13EA-4195-A244-EF7FD3769146.jpeg

I can still get gas for under a dollar, but the word got out and now the drive thru lines at Taco Bell are insane! :car:

Last edited:

Well hold on folks because it's only going to get worse unless we change our policies and loosen up on the regulations on the oil companies. Allow drilling on federal land, allow fracking and restart the pipeline...I know the pipeline isn't a quick fix but if it hadn't been stopped in the first place it might be open and pumping oil right now when we and the rest of the world needs it.

This morning I passed my gas station (MA) and I saw $4.29/gallon. I had somewhere to go and thought, I’ll get gas on my way back. By the time I got back, roughly an hour later, the price had gone up to $4.33/gallon! 😬
That extra .04 a gallon would be an extra 80 cents for 20 gallons of gas.

I've been watching friends and family in California post their gas prices, and feel lucky that I'm paid $3.66/gallon yesterday at Costco in Memphis, TN. The EXXON about a mile from me was charging $4.19/gal for regular. But they're always pricey being on the interstate. Multiple stations were charging $5 for diesel. But I understand the pain of high prices. I spent the bulk of my life in CA and WA where gas was far from cheap. So I appreciate what I paid yesterday more than my local friends do.

Our spring break road trip to WDW starts Saturday morning. It's not going to be pretty as filling the tank will be over $100.

Reading this tread brings memories of the late 70s when we had gas rationing under Jimmy Carter. It was an every other day thing based on the license plate number. I sure hope we don't get to that again.

Reading this tread brings memories of the late 70s when we had gas rationing under Jimmy Carter. It was an every other day thing based on the license plate number. I sure hope we don't get to that again.
I was just thinking the exact same thing! I remember sitting in long lines waiting to get gas. 🤕

I was scheduled to drive down south later this month in my RV for about 4 weeks of camping. I'm seriously reconsidering making the trip now.

Why?

Shortages should be self limiting. People are very price sensitive to gas and will just stop going places and purchase less gas as a result.

I know my neighbor has already decided against a spring break trip. In her mind the extra $150 in gas for the $4000 trip just makes it not worthwhile.

I honestly don't know. I've heard of it happening to others. It happened to DH this morning. DH lets it ride where he gets down to almost empty tank and then fill ups. So being cut off at $85 wasn't him, it was the gas station.

Costco in Christiana, Delaware had HUGE lines around 2:30 yesterday afternoon when I went into the Costco store...the lines were snaked thru part of the parking lot, it was a pain getting thru!
As of this morning they were $3.99/ regular & $4.26/premium.
I'm afraid I don't know what it is currently here on Eastern Shore of Maryland.

I honestly don't know. I've heard of it happening to others. It happened to DH this morning. DH lets it ride where he gets down to almost empty tank and then fill ups. So being cut off at $85 wasn't him, it was the gas station.
That’s probably the usual limit and has nothing to do with being limited in gas. We have an extra gas tank in our truck for when we’re pulling the camper, and most gas stations won’t allow filling more than $75 or $100 at any given time, you have to re-swipe your card to get more or go inside. It has nothing to do with the amount of gas but because of the hold put on the credit card.

Yesterday late morning, it was at $3.69, by the time I got out around 5:30, it was up to $3.99 :headache: in Cincinnati, OH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter