Gas just hit 4.00 a gallon in Orlando..

I got it in New Jersey yesterday at Wawa $3.99. Sure going to miss getting my gas pumped.

Running between $4.10 and $4.29 for regular unleaded around my town. I can cut that to $3.89 by driving 8 miles away into the next county, where county taxes are lower. But my car only takes premium (91 octane or up), so even in the cheaper county, I'm paying $4.60 a gallon as of this past weekend.

I paid $4.19 this morning. The gas station (Pride) tricked me with their member price of $4.09 on their sign. 😒

My kids have said this decade is now known as the "Screaming 20s" (riffing off the 1920's "Roaring 20s" but with a terror/angst filled bent)...I can't even say they are wrong, nor can I say they didn't find a meme somewhere for this on the internet...

Can we bring back the 2010s yet? I'd settle for any year in the decade...

Averaging $4.20 here in PA\Lehigh Valley area. Sam's Club around $3.80. This is going to be a painful summer......

DH got gas this morning. There’s an $85 limit on gas.
As in the pump stopped at $85 because that is the credit card authorization limit or they are limiting people to $85 in gas? I don't think there are currently any shortages that would necessitate limiting purchases.

The last time gas climbed the stations and merchant banks had to bump up the pre authorization limits so people could fill their tanks. Sounds like that limit needs to be bumped again.

Probably needs to be set to $250-$300 to prepare for $7 gas and 30-35 gallons tanks.

I saw on twitter someone I follow was complaining about the $1100 it cost to fill their RV.

As in the pump stopped at $85 because that is the credit card authorization limit or they are limiting people to $85 in gas? I don't think there are currently any shortages that would necessitate limiting purchases.

The last time gas climbed the stations and merchant banks had to bump up the pre authorization limits so people could fill their tanks. Sounds like that limit needs to be bumped again.

Probably needs to be set to $250-$300 to prepare for $7 gas and 30-35 gallons tanks.

I saw on twitter someone I follow was complaining about the $1100 it cost to fill their RV.

They are limiting customers to $85 in gas.

I'm in British Columbia and gas just hit $2.089/litre here. About a week ago it was at $1.569, then it jumped to $1.949, and today it is well over $2.

So, using 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Litres, that comes out to around $7.90US/Gallon, or $10.12 CAD/gallon.
How on earth do you pay for that? When I was married maintaining 2 cars, that would have been $300/week. My then wife wouldn't have made enough at her part time job to make ends meet to get to work and back.

How on earth do you pay for that? When I was married maintaining 2 cars, that would have been $300/week. My then wife wouldn't have made enough at her part time job to make ends meet to get to work and back.
The US has enjoyed comparatively cheap gas compared to much of the rest of the world.

They do it by driving much smaller cars with much smaller engines. They do it by using public transportation.

That's adorable. I was seeing 4.39 in my area of Pennsylvania yesterday.
On the way to work this morning everywhere was $4.19. Coworker made the comment at 9 am "hey, at least the gas didn't go up overnight." No, since you saw it at $4.19 an hour ago, everyone is reporting it now online at $4.59.

The US has enjoyed comparatively cheap gas compared to much of the rest of the world.

They do it by driving much smaller cars with much smaller engines. They do it by using public transportation.
I drive a Mazda 3. That would be $120/week just for me in my little "economy" car.

They are limiting customers to $85 in gas.
Why?

Shortages should be self limiting. People are very price sensitive to gas and will just stop going places and purchase less gas as a result.

I know my neighbor has already decided against a spring break trip. In her mind the extra $150 in gas for the $4000 trip just makes it not worthwhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter