Gas just hit 4.00 a gallon in Orlando..

But RVs aren't meant to be lived in year round. What happens when it goes into the shop for maintenance?

They don't go to the shop for maintenance. They end up RV/tent camper lanes. CA, WA, & OR have these lanes filled with RVs, Campers, Trailers, & Tents.

But RVs aren't meant to be lived in year round. What happens when it goes into the shop for maintenance?

Lots of people live in their RV's full time.
They also don't always have to go in to a shop for maintenance, some things can be DIY, there are also traveling RV repair companies. On the chance you need to leave it somewhere, you make arrangements to stay somewhere else.

MY RV is set up so that I could live in it full time, it is on my own private property, it is covered from the elements, and it is hooked up to electric. I even have wifi and could put a land line in it LOL.
I choose not to live in full time, but if I definitely could if I wanted too.

Lots of people live in their RV's full time.
They also don't always have to go in to a shop for maintenance, some things can be DIY, there are also traveling RV repair companies. On the chance you need to leave it somewhere, you make arrangements to stay somewhere else.

I know that people do that. But they're not built to be lived in year round. They're not mobile homes that aren't really mobile.

I know that people do that. But they're not built to be lived in year round. They're not mobile homes that aren't really mobile.

True they aren't built to be lived in year round if you are traveling with it every week and putting all kinds of wear and tear on it. However if you keep it stationary most of the time, and depending on your climate- protected, and you use it to travel occasionally there is no reason why it can't be used as a full time home.
My RV is almost 20 years old, it's well taken care of, and dh keeps up with any maintenance it may need, which isn't much. There is no reason it can't last us another 20 years.

My RV is a four season. Fully insulated and the basement is heated for cold weather. My wife and I lived in ours for several months here in Florida while our house is being finished. There are a lot of people in my neighborhood that live in them all year. They stay down here in the winter and move to another property up north during the summer. Like @Sinder, my RV stays here at my house. It lives in it's own garage when not in use. I have it hooked up to water, sewer and 50amp power. My entire subdivision is designed to accommodate Class A RVs. The simplest being just a parking pad up to a fully enclosed garage. All come with water, sewer and power.

Some RVs are most certainly built to be lived in full time. Ours is a 4 season and we could live in ours, but we don’t at this point in our lives.
Theres a whole industry devoted to full time rvers.

I live in Reno, NV. Wednesday gas at Sam's Club was $4.04 and yesterday at the same location was $4.49. The Shell gas station near my house is $4.89

My RV is a four season. Fully insulated and the basement is heated for cold weather. My wife and I lived in ours for several months here in Florida while our house is being finished. There are a lot of people in my neighborhood that live in them all year. They stay down here in the winter and move to another property up north during the summer. Like @Sinder, my RV stays here at my house. It lives in it's own garage when not in use. I have it hooked up to water, sewer and 50amp power. My entire subdivision is designed to accommodate Class A RVs. The simplest being just a parking pad up to a fully enclosed garage. All come with water, sewer and power.

Ours is on remote land we own up north in NY and we pretty much spend the summer up there in it. We do spend time up there throughout the rest of the year, but not as much.
I would love to one day sell my house, buy something down south but come back up here in the spring.
Dh has to make a decision about retiring first, he keep saying 5 years but he started that 2 years ago :laughing:

Atlanta Metro — $4.09 or so.

I’m sure it’s just the beginning. I much rather pay for expensive gas than non-existent cheap gas. Anyone remember when the Colonial Pipeline went down? What a mess — they couldn’t charge more so then there’s just shortages as you drive around from station to station.

Western MD here..it was $3.75 on Wednesday, $3.85 on Saturday and this morning it was at $4.03-- I don't see any end in sight to the price of gas :(

I'm in British Columbia and gas just hit $2.089/litre here. About a week ago it was at $1.569, then it jumped to $1.949, and today it is well over $2.

So, using 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Litres, that comes out to around $7.90US/Gallon, or $10.12 CAD/gallon.

I’m updating what I posted earlier today….

On my way home from work the price is now $4.25

I'm in British Columbia and gas just hit $2.089/litre here. About a week ago it was at $1.569, then it jumped to $1.949, and today it is well over $2.

So, using 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Litres, that comes out to around $7.90US/Gallon, or $10.12 CAD/gallon.
Yep Canadian here too, I think I calculated ours at $7.16 a gallon today. We aren’t as bad as BC ( but we will get there).

I didn’t love this house when we bought it for a variety of reasons but it was well in budget and that mattered the most. I live close to a small downtown area and I can walk to the dentist, urgent care, library, farmers market, two pharmacies, Liquour and Beer stores, a grocery store, my optometrist , my bank, the post office, and my lawyer. I am now so grateful I can get everything I need without my car.

$5.49 in Roseville/Sacramento yesterday (but found it 4.79 at Safeway a few miles away). Regarding people working from home, my son has been working from home for 2 years now. There is zero reason for him to go into the office. He can do everything from home. the mayor is really fighting for state workers to go back into the office (more for businesses downtown losing lunch $$). I see the state being able to cut back on rental office buildings, emissions, less crowded on the freeways, etc. My work, I would have had to go in at least twice a week for paperwork being received by mail (unless they hired someone to scan it to us at home). I personally would have loved it as (what I was told by ex coworkers), drama was reduced to zero and sick leave requests were cut in half. I'm 64, old school but I can see that working in the office isn't the same as it was years ago. There are jobs that can be done from home and those that can't. In my old office, the mail person and the front desk (helping people who walk in, take money over the counter) and the cashiers would have to come in. Those evaluating, those proofing documents, etc could all be home.

$4.57 in my sister's South Philly neighborhood. They were in South Jersey to go to Sam's club so they got their gas here by me, where it was 'only' $4.35.

I was just out running an errand and went by our town's gas stations. Regular was $4.49, premium $5.29 and super $5.49! It was surreal to see the $5 as the first number for the premium grades. I drive a Tesla, so I don't feel it there. But our electric bill is up about 15-20% according to my husband.

Gas here in NJ has gone up at least $1.00 in the past 7 days. Never seen it go like this before, so fast. Even cash is close to $4.50 a gallon average for regular

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter