Gas fire pit

ChipnDale79

DIS Veteran
I'm aware open fires are a no no, unless you have a contained fire pit, but what about a gas fireplace?

we have a small portable one, and are considering taking it next week. any idea if those are ok?

If you have one, do what I did, get some rabbit fencing, paint it black, curl it on the inside of the fire pit, around the lava stones, place the top on top of the wire. Now you have an enclosed disney approved fire pit, top is closed and it has a spark arrestor.

If you have one, do what I did, get some rabbit fencing, paint it black, curl it on the inside of the fire pit, around the lava stones, place the top on top of the wire. Now you have an enclosed disney approved fire pit, top is closed and it has a spark arrestor.
do you need to paint it black or can you just leave as is? thinking about paint and flammability lol

I used high heat spray paint made for grills. 20231014_163233.jpg I figured the more it blent in with the fire pit, the less they would look at it. Who wants to stand out when sort of skirting the rules! Plus black looks cleaner. Its waiting for next years trip. It gets layed flat under a bed for transport or just thrown in the back of the pick up bed. Depends. It went down neat........

I used high heat spray paint made for grills. View attachment 801941 I figured the more it blent in with the fire pit, the less they would look at it. Who wants to stand out when sort of skirting the rules! Plus black looks cleaner. Its waiting for next years trip. It gets layed flat under a bed for transport or just thrown in the back of the pick up bed. Depends. It went down neat........
thanks! great idea! we are thinking of trying for our first ever disney camping stay (couple days in may). we will be returning to New England from Arcadia after our first attempt as snowbirds and thought it might be nice to try out the fort on our way home( we are dvc members so usually don't get the chance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter