Gas- $3.99 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d prefer the $41 a barrel it was two years ago especially after the stock market numbers again today. It’s really depressing for retired people or people ready to retire. My parents’ 401K plummeted 20% this year, so when you count the increase in food and gas, this is a tough time for people on fixed incomes.
It depends how they have the money invested. Yes, the cash out value of my investments have fallen. But I am in annuities that have locked in values that never go down if you only take out the payments as established in your contract.

A few pages back there was a discussion of fuel oil used in the NE for heating. The US EIA released their first survey of the year, $5.70 is the current national average. Last year at this time it was about $3.40.

A few pages back there was a discussion of fuel oil used in the NE for heating. The US EIA released their first survey of the year, $5.70 is the current national average. Last year at this time it was about $3.40.
Sounds about right. I just got a fill up on Monday for about $5.50/gallon. I'll be keeping my house quite chilly all winter.

I paid $5.65 a gallon for oil yesterday, in Boston. And from what my neighbors say, that’s on the low side for the area. Electricity, as of yesterday (from National Grid), is set to go up 64%. Going to be a chilly winter!

I paid $5.65 a gallon for oil yesterday, in Boston. And from what my neighbors say, that’s on the low side for the area. Electricity, as of yesterday (from National Grid), is set to go up 64%. Going to be a chilly winter!
For propane???

For propane???
No, electricity. But propane is going up, too. The CEO/President of National Grid recently sent a letter to the President because they fear if we have a cold enough winter, there may not be sufficient natural gas.

I'm reading this thread and shaking my head. It doesn't have to be like this. I think we all know what needs to happen to correct this.

The Energy Information Administration (EIA) reported this week that, as of Oct. 14, the U.S. had only 25 days of reserve diesel supply. That doesn't sound good to me. It's pretty bad when Saudi Arabia is warning us not to deplete the National Petroleum Reserve.

No, electricity. But propane is going up, too. The CEO/President of National Grid recently sent a letter to the President because they fear if we have a cold enough winter, there may not be sufficient natural gas.
I'm obv very confused lol. You said you paid 5.65/gal of oil, so I was assuming heating oil/propane.

Thankfully we have a 1500 gal tank buried in our yard. It was filled last month at 2.96/gal and that is enough to last a year if needed. We usually get it topped off a couple times a year, during the cheaper months so we don't need to fill it when the prices are hight.

I'm obv very confused lol. You said you paid 5.65/gal of oil, so I was assuming heating oil/propane.

Thankfully we have a 1500 gal tank buried in our yard. It was filled last month at 2.96/gal and that is enough to last a year if needed. We usually get it topped off a couple times a year, during the cheaper months so we don't need to fill it when the prices are hight.
Yes, heating oil. Propane is different. I wish I could get my tank filled for $2.96 a gallon. Oh wait, I did two winters ago, actually even less. My oil tank is only 250 gallons, if it's cold, that will last about 2 months and I do not heat my water with oil, that is electricity. You were smart to fill your tank up! Stay warm!

LOL, glad you agree and yes maybe the whole wide world does need better leadership although I was thinking on a smaller scale. Who knows, maybe your alien overlords would do a better job. Just look at Elon Musk, he's reported to be an alien. You really cracked me up your so funny! :rotfl2:

Maybe all of the above.
1667418921537.png

$2.79 at Kroger this morning after applying my .20 per gallon points discount.

Oh, okay. I'm doing my part, early voted last week. Not a whole lot of change on my ballot though.

Darn, here all along I thought you had some secret sauce to get this accomplished.

I do my part as well, but I vote on the actual day, in person. That's the way I like to do it and not much change in ballot either.

I would go into more detail about what I think but I'm sure by your repeated edgy comments that you know as well as I do that such things can't be discussed here. If you are really that interested you could probably take a guess, I bet you would probably guess right.

I hope you have a lovely evening.

Yes, heating oil. Propane is different. I wish I could get my tank filled for $2.96 a gallon. Oh wait, I did two winters ago, actually even less. My oil tank is only 250 gallons, if it's cold, that will last about 2 months and I do not heat my water with oil, that is electricity. You were smart to fill your tank up! Stay warm!
So around 700 a month to heat your house…ouch! I have no idea which way prices will go. Having a small tank could be a good thing or a bad thing. Are you in the Midwest or northeast? I worry about those in really cold climates it’s going to. be unaffordable for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter