Garlic Toast Recipes

holycow

I Am the Rebel Spy
Does anyone know of any good garlic bread recipes?
I'm making dinner for someone whose DD is having knee surgery and I want to
make sure it tastes good!!!!

HOlycow

after making garlic bread a number of times and it being just so-so, I tried "Texas Toast". You can find it in the freezer section of your grocery store. It's the best garlic bread I've ever had.
Hands down. DH loves it. Only takes minutes to heat up, already pre-sliced and consistent every time. Not expensive either! You might want to give it a try. :D

Annemarie

I'm not sure if garlic "toast" is different from garlic bread, but this is what we do:

Mom's version
soften butter & add garlic salt to taste
make vertical slices (about 1 1/2" apart) on a loaf of Italian bread
spread butter in between slices
wrap in foil & warm in oven until butter melts - ~10 min at 250
The bread stays nice & soft this way.

Brother-in-law's version
slice loaf of Italian lengthwise & lay side-by-side on baking sheet
spread with butter or spray with olive oil (I use a Misto)
sprinkle with Parmesan, oregano & garlic salt or powder
put under broiler for ~2 min

My family likes this bread, I do it both ways, as a loaf and as single slices face up under the broiler.

Large crust loaf of sliced sourdough bread
2 sticks butter/margarine
The next ingredients are approx- do them to your taste preference.
garlic powder-1 tablespoon
garlic salt- 1tsp
italian seasoning-2 tsp
parmesean cheese-3/4 cup

mix all in a bowl, spread on bread- place slices back together in original order wrap with heavy duty foil- bake at 375 for 15- 20 min.
or
place individual slices on cookie sheet butter side up place under broiler until golden brown.

Also may I suggest you take a bag of frozen peas... have the patient use the peas as an ice pak.. works great!

Slice a loaf of French bread, butter both sides of each slice, sprinkle with garlic salt to taste, and brown on a hot skillet on both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter