• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden grove seafood buffet?

twinboysmom

DIS Veteran
Has anybody eaten here for this? We will be staying at the dolphin and it looks like a reasonable price and has a couple of characters too. Anybody have an experience to share?

We did it last year on the barbecue night. Character interaction is great, not very crowded. On our visit goofy and Pluto alternated every 30 minutes. We are planning to go back again this trip!

We did it in August. The character interaction was great, but the food was just ok. I was really excited for the crab legs, but they were very hard to get out without the meat falling apart. They ran out of many of the desserts and stopped replacing them before we finished dinner and our reservation was not late - 7:00.

We did it last year on the barbecue night. Character interaction is great, not very crowded. On our visit goofy and Pluto alternated every 30 minutes. We are planning to go back again this trip!

You may want to check before you go. Over the summer they got rid of all of the buffet nights except the Friday seafood buffet. I don't know if it is still that way.

Our Ratings of Garden Grove Dinner Buffet: (*rev 12/12/2013*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: We have dined at all three themed dinner buffets. They are Seafood, Southern BBQ,
and Mediterranean. We found the food quality/taste to be above average, not superior. For
a buffet, we thought the price slightly high. We liked the Southern BBQ and really enjoyed
the Seafood Fisherman Wharf buffet (I am very fond of Bouillabaisse). An acceptable buffet
at WDW and not as bad on the wallet as expected. We thought service was bad-to-terrible.
We waited long periods for dirty plates to be cleared, and waited for drinks refilled or
replenished. The table got crowded with plates needing removal. We did the non-character
dinners, thus cannot comment on interaction on weekend character meals.

NOTE2: Effective 7/17/13, only the Friday Night Seafood Buffet is served. The other buffets
have been deleted. However, there still remains the daily Breakfast Buffet Weekday and the
Weekend Character Breakfast Buffet from 8:00am-11:00am.

You may also want to check out the Cape May buffet at Beach Club since you are at the Dolphin. No characters though. It we really did enjoy the selection and food .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter