Garden Grocers - who has used them?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Someone recommended them to me :)

Just wondering how many have used them, and how did you find them? Did you receive fresh stuff, or was it close to expiring (breads, eggs, milk etc)? Did you order any fruit? How was it?

I've used them several times and the food has always been fresh. The fruit is good - you even specify the amount of "green" you want your bananas and they've always come perfectly.

I do find that they always drop off quite a bit earlier than I request in my order, and Bell services is not always great at keeping the food cold right away. We've had come melted ice cream...but that was really the worst of it.

Someone recommended them to me :)

Just wondering how many have used them, and how did you find them? Did you receive fresh stuff, or was it close to expiring (breads, eggs, milk etc)? Did you order any fruit? How was it?

We used them last November and plan to use them again this year! We got mostly snack items and waters. We did get a fruit salad and it was great! Some of the best fruit we had all week! We requested a 10am drop off, since we arrived at 11 I wanted it waiting for me. i walked off the plane to a text message that our order was delivered and at our hotel! It's seriously the easiest online order service I've ever used! Some might say it's a little pricey, but it's still a lot cheaper than buying all your snacks from the hotel gift shop. Hope this helps!

Used them last month...we traveled with my dd's friend who is hugely allergic, so needed very specific foods...especially fruits. I ordered bananas, strawberries, watermelon and green grapes.....all arrived in very good condition. Some grapes were a bit nasty, but that happens when I buy them at home...so no big deal.
I always recommend Garden Grocer...they do a very good job.

I have used them every trip so four times and will use them a fifth in October. Generally what we have are breakfast items, snacks and drinks. So we always order milk, various fruits, bagels, cereal, bread, peanut butter and jelly, water, juices, various types of crackers and Powerade. On our first trip I had an infant so I also ordered diapers, wipes, baby food and formula.

The food is always fresh. We’ve had grapes, bananas, apples (individual packs of sliced ones), and one year I got a fruit bowl with melons, grapes, pineapple, and watermelon and it was all great. They communicate really well too. Usually when I turn on my phone after we land at MCO, there is a message from them saying they are on the way and then usually I’m on the bus or in line to check in when they call and say they have made the delivery.

I have never been anything but pleased with the items and the service. The website is really easy to use and you can see your cart update as you shop. It’s easy to choose your location and the time you want the delivery made.

We've used them multiple times and have always been happy with them. We never order fruit though.

We didn't have any problems with GG at all. Bought milk, water, snacks and all arrived as ordered and early. :)

Used them last year and everything was good. I got pastries and oranges for my friend and I got bananas and milk. I forget what else we got. We didn't buy a lot. Barely enough required for delivery. So, I don't think we will do it this year. I will just buy it from the resort.

Have used GG multiple trips. Fruit has been fresh. Also call to add beer/wine. Have never been anything but pleased.

For Cali we use Vons and have also been very happy.

I've used them many times for over a decade and have never had a problem. I always order a lot of dairy and produce and it has always been really fresh.

We've used Garden Grocer for all four of our trips. Mainly for breakfast items (Milk, individual boxed cereal, bagels, cream cheese), night time snacks like chips, bananas, a few sodas, and especially bottled water.

Have always been very happy with the service. Easy. I was nervous last trip that our items didn't stay cold, (POR was swapping out all their fridges and it took a while on our arrival day to get one) but once I went to bell services they showed me how the items were packed and it was all good.

Dan

We used Garden Grocer last trip and I was very pleased. Being new to their site, I initially made an order entry error and double ordered two items. They were very quick and helped me correct my error. I was very pleased with their customer service. We ordered fruit and it was very fresh

Used them for the first time in April-saved me a TON of money!!!!:)

It was really fun to drink an .88 cents Powerade that went for $3.49 in Sport Goofy!!!!:)

We arrived yesterday and received a phone call, email and text that our groceries had been delivered at the very beginning of the time period I selected, which was four hours before we arrived. No problem as everything that needed to be cold was cold when it was delivered to our room. We got milk, cereals, snacks, water, fruit, lettuce, tomato, bread, etc. All items were fresh including bread. The store brand bread was Publix. I'm not sure if they always use Publix but that has been my experience.

We've used them several times and have been happy with them! Our fruit has alwys been fresh, and our fridge items have been well taken care of by bell services.

We were very happy with them. We didn't get perishable items, though, so I can't speak to that.

We have been using GG for years. We are always very pleased. Bell Services does a good job of keeping everything cold. There was only one time that they forgot an item, it was a case of water. A quick call to them and my water was delivered to my room within a couple of hours. Besides food...I always order a small bottle of dish soap for the refillable mugs and I order my own laundry detergent because I always end up doing some laundry before we go home. (A bottle of my favorite detergent from GG is usually the same cost as the 3-4 small boxes of detergent that I would need to buy at the resorts.)

Thanks everyone!

I went ahead and placed an order. I was pleased with the prices (but we live in a high-grocery cost area - a gallon of milk is $8 here, one .lb of hamburger is typically $7). I think the fruit was a bit high, I'm sure I could get it cheaper elsewhere, but for the convenience of having it delivered to my doorstep? Worth it! Our grocery total came to $330, which I thought was pretty good considering I ordered food for all meals, all snacks for 6 people for 12 days and that also included some supplies like Kleenex, TP, laundry detergent etc... And some lovely steaks to celebrate with on July 4th!

We ordered from them last Month and everything was great! All items were correct and in perfect condition.The fruit was fresh and delivery was on time. We will use them again for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter