Garden Grocer

NooNoo

Earning My Ears
Hi

I'm thinking of ordering from Garden Grocer for the first time this year.
What does everyone do in terms of timeslot?
I was thinking of choosing a delivery slot before we arrive so that we don't have to stay in at night and wait for it. Is it ok to do that and if so, how would it work i.e would they keep it at reception until we arrive and then will they bring it to our room (we have no car this time)?

Or would I be better choosing a slot when I know we will be there and if so, how will they know our room number?

We are staying at Old Key West.
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks in advance guys........

We try to choose about the time when our flight gets in.

We get to our resort, and the groceries are typically waiting for us, or are delivered as we get settled in.

If you're not on site when they get there, bell services will hold them for you, and refrigerate anything that requires it.

Either way, you don't have to work your vacation around the delivery. They'll give you a call and you can request that the packages be brought up to your room... easy peasy!!

I have never heard of this.

We have been concerned as as we won't get to the resort until roughly 9:30 and the shop being close to closing. We will need milk for the cups of tea and really don't want to stop off at Walgreens or Walmart on way to our resort.

Any solutions for us?

I have used Garden Grocer multiple times, always staying at a Disney resort.

We choose a delivery timeslot for between our flight arriving and when we think we will arrive at the resort or shortly after.

If you are not present when GG delivers, they leave your order with Bell Services. Bell Services has a fridge and freezer that perishables can be left in -- GG bags such products separately in their own bag(s) and they are well labeled as needing refrigeration.

Every time we have used GG they have actually delivered at least an hour or two before our time window, sometimes more. When they deliver you are sent a text message and/or voicemail, which is how I know when the deliveries occurred. Each time our window was after the flight landed, but on landing and turning the phone on, there was the message saying our order had been delivered and was waiting at Bell services.

When we arrive at the resort and Bell services takes our bags, we let them know we have a GG order that they have in storage. On e we are checked in we head over to the Bell services desk to arrange delivery of our bags and remind them of the GG order. Our bags AND the GG order and then delivered to the room.

We have been very pleased with GG and will use them again.

Also note, GG has discounts if you place your order certain minimum days in advance.

SW

Wow, this sounds excellent. We will definitely be using them, it saves so much hassle having to stop off or visit a shop in the first few days.

OH, it's an incredible convenience!!

We get bottled water (2 cases for the 5 of us for a week in summer.), park snacks, milk, fruit, snacks for the room, breakfast stuff.

We've been happy with them every single time!

I think there is a minimum order, but it's never (EVER!) been a problem for us.

We typically order a few weeks ahead of time to ensure that we get the delivery slot we want.

Last edited:

Not stupid at all.

It's the department of the resort that deals with packages... think "bell boy."

They have a room at each of the resorts where they store stuff for guests-- Garden Grocer stuff, your bags if you arrive early and your room isn't ready yet, or if you've checked out but aren't leaving for the airport for a few hours.

Thank you Alice.

Are they there 24 hrs? We may not arrive until 9:30 pm. Also do we have to let the resort know in advance that we are expecting an order?

I have never heard of this.

We have been concerned as as we won't get to the resort until roughly 9:30 and the shop being close to closing. We will need milk for the cups of tea and really don't want to stop off at Walgreens or Walmart on way to our resort.

Any solutions for us?

The food courts stay open until midnight and you'd be able to get small milk cartons from there to see you through until the next morning.

Bell services are there 24 hours a day. Don't forget to tip them if they deliver your GG order to your room. I have just done my GG order it's improved its website since I last used it to account for people ordering from outside of the USA. I spent $80 on water, diet Pepsi, coffee, tea, sugar, cereal, cereal bars and laundry products as we will be in a one bedroom villa with a washer and dryer. Disney is a Pepsi free zone and I can't stand coke so Diet Pepsi is a must for me!!!!!! I place our delivery to arrive at the same time as our flight lands so I know it will be waiting for us when we check in. This time we are coming from a Universal stay so I've times it to arrive at 3pm, an hour before they guarantee your room will be ready. Basically I always aim for it to arrive before I do.

And if everything else fails, walmart on vineland rd (535) is open 24/7

This is not the australian outback, don't worry ;)

We will have a car but I don't really want to be stopping at Walmart after a 9 hour flight and a long process at the airport.

After hearing everybody's comments on GG I will definitely be using them. It takes a lot of stress off my shoulders!

I was checking the prices on their website and everything is so expensive. Do they jack up the prices or is this what food costs in Florida? I know they jack up the prices at the WDW stores but once you tack on the delivery fee I wonder if it is worth it to use a grocery service vs just buying at the WDW stores. Especially if you are not buying all that much!

Most of the water is a fraction of the price. Same for cans of pop. Those things alone make it worth it for me.

Most of the water is a fraction of the price. Same for cans of pop. Those things alone make it worth it for me.

Another vote for GardenGrocer we have used them every trip except for our first trip. We always order water (at from memory $8 for a case rather than $2.20 per bottle in the parks it's a no brainer). We also order snacks for the kids (they used to carry their own in their fanny packs when they were little and ate them in the queues rather than moaning about being hungry), things like antibac handwipes which saves lots of room in our luggage. We reckon it usually saves us about $200 per trip.
We always order for approximate time of plane landing. It has always been waiting for us with bell services (last year at OKW as per OP) and we just tell bell services that it should be waiting for us when we ask them to take us to our room. We obviously tip accordingly.
Also we order something like cookies and fruit for arrival then it doesn't matter if we are late. The only trip anything went wrong they forgot to add some crisps to our order. By the time we had checked in they had already left a message with bell services and dropped them off :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter