Garden Grocer Orders for 5 da,ys!

esbrick

DIS Veteran
Hi DIS! What are your top 3 items that you would order from Garden Grocer if you were staying at your resort for 5 days, 3 adults, 1 3.5 year old. Already planning on milk, cereal; juice and pretzels. We will be visiting in May.

TIA

Some fresh fruit, yogurt and granola bars and as already mentioned a case of water.

A few things at the top of our grocery list besides what you mentioned

Fruit
Power-ade
bagels and jelly
Cheese Crackers
bottled water

For us it is anything we can't pack in our luggage. Mostly drinks, due to their weight. I ordered 2 cases of water, a case of juice boxes for the kids, 12 8oz cartons of orange juice for the mornings (as I am not a morning coffee person). I will likely add bread to the order (and bring down PB&J). Bread would look, well, not good if I pack it in luggage.

Agree with water, coffee creamer, sunscreen ( takes up too much space in luggage! ) and I will probably be made fun of for this one, BUT here ya go anyway :)
We always purchase or order soft toilet paper!!! I HATE the cheap stuff in hotel rooms. For a night here and there, okay, but for a week, no way. My kids always ask if I ordered the soft stuff we keep at home:rotfl2:
My cart currently has 20+ items, so I could tell you more, but some of it is restocking our Owner's Locker that we leave down there so may not be beneficial.

Agree with water, coffee creamer, sunscreen ( takes up too much space in luggage! ) and I will probably be made fun of for this one, BUT here ya go anyway :)
We always purchase or order soft toilet paper!!! I HATE the cheap stuff in hotel rooms. For a night here and there, okay, but for a week, no way. My kids always ask if I ordered the soft stuff we keep at home:rotfl2:
My cart currently has 20+ items, so I could tell you more, but some of it is restocking our Owner's Locker that we leave down there so may not be beneficial.
I hear ya on the soft toilet paper! LOL

We ordered Gatorade, a case of water, and 2 gallons of water to refill the bottles as needed. We were there when it was in the 90s two weeks ago, so we needed the hydration!

Flats of water, bagels, butter, fruit, vegetable tray

I know that they like you to order in advance. How far in advance can you do it.

We arrive on July 9th

Fresh fruits and veggies. And I don't just mean carrots, grapes and apples. My kids can put away some strawberries, bell peppers and bananas. Probably yogurt, maybe oatmeal cups. Granola bars, raisins, cheesesticks...

Water, Coffee, Bread, Sunbutter, Jam
Full-size bars of soap - Like I use at home.
Pump hand soap - Easier hand washing.

I know that they like you to order in advance. How far in advance can you do it.

We arrive on July 9th
The further in advance your order, the bigger discount you get.
15 days = 5%
30 days = 7%
60 days = 10%
I have already placed my order for my August trip to maximize the discount.

I'm able to condense my clothes packing to have room for dry goods. I actually took a 22" rolling duffel last time. With a checked 26" I can pack the food extras.

I pack ; cereal sneak packs, or pour a bag of cereal in ziploc and transport in a skinny Tupperware 2qt bev pitcher, the skinny packs of lemonade powder.
Pretzels, cheddar fish, fruit n nut bars, mini begals, squirt bottle mayo and jelly (or save single serve packages when you are out)
Paper bowls, cups and plates, sandwhich ziplock and gallon
Pack plastic ware and napkins if you don't want to pick a handful up

My carry cooler goes on the stroller, it's collapse, but I do have a hard side small one too. If I pack the hard size I don't leak ice melting. Also, I can put items inside it in the checked bag.

Garden Grocer
Capri Sun, Gatorade
OJ, milk, water
Tub of whip butter, tub cream cheese
Turkey, ham, cheese
Loaf of bread
Fresh fruit, it's pricy

Optional;
Take fruit cups, jello pack,
fruit roll ups, fruit jellys
Order cheese cut outs or string cheese
Order Soda, pizza and wings for the room from Poppa John's, they deliver and on the Internet I find $2 coupons.

A note though,me neither if you take ME, I have had my husband or son pick up a mid size rental, sometime at $120-$150 a week, and can save the delivery by picking up the items, also, I've grown discouraged of busing. I much rather keep strollers and things in the car, hop in when we are ready and go. Also, eating at a Perkins, or other site is a budget helper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter