Garden grocer or Amazon Prime?

lilmermaid260

Earning My Ears
Hi All - I'd like to get some snacks and water shipped to my hotel room. We arrive on Tuesday, July 18 and stay at the Art of Animation Resort. Which would you recommend I use - Amazon or Garden Grocer? And does this resort charge a $5 handling fee for receiving shipments? I've never done this before so I'd love feedback! TIA!

The customer service at Garden Grocer is phenomenal. I have been using them for years. And I love that my previous orders are there in history to guide me for the next trip. I never used Amazon, so I can't say how they operate.

I have never paid a resort fee for receiving shipments. I just tip the bellman (or woman) well when they bring up the groceries.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

This will be the first time i'll be using Prime Now for groceries to the resort. I'm hoping it's painless. But in the past I've used Garden Grocer twice and never had an issue with them or the resorts I was staying at.

We used Garden Grocer for the first time this past March and I agree, the customer service folks are fantastic. My order arrived on time and it was correct. I highly recommend them. Have a great trip!

The customer service at Garden Grocer is phenomenal. I have been using them for years. And I love that my previous orders are there in history to guide me for the next trip. I never used Amazon, so I can't say how they operate.

I have never paid a resort fee for receiving shipments. I just tip the bellman (or woman) well when they bring up the groceries.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I agree. Have used Garden Grocer the last 4 trips, they are amazing! I tip the bellman who brings up all the groceries. I can't speak to amazon as I've been so happy with GG that I haven't used another company.

We have used Garden Grocer our past few stays. As others have mentioned, their service is outstanding. In November, we were shorted the cashews we ordered. I called GG; they delivered the cashews the next morning. You can't beat that.

For our upcoming trip, I compared Garden Grocer with Instacart and Amazon Prime Now. GG had everything we wanted, but was the most expensive option. Instacart had nearly everything we need for the week PLUS it saved us about $30 over GG. Prime Now was the cheapest option, but we would have been required to purchase some fresh items from either GG or at the resort shop.

Finally, I checked the prices at the Super Target just outside of Disney property. I can get everything I need there for less than any of the aforementioned options. Now, how do I get there. Uber was only about $10 cheaper than renting a car from the Dolphin for 24 hours. Now I'll be able to get the groceries, stop by a spirits store for some rum, and grab anything else we will likely forget.

Based on my calculations, I'll still save about $35 over Garden Grocer, which is what we normally use.

I've used both, I love Garden Grocer, but prefer Amazon (I found them to be cheaper for our needs). Last Oct during the hurricane that was coming through, I was able to order some last minute things like water, etc and have it delivered and waiting, everywhere else was sold out.

We're major Amazon fans, but have stuck with GG, mainly because I don't want to rock the boat on a service that works so well for us. We might try Amazon on our November trip which is a shorter stay, so I appreciate reading opinions of their service.

Loved Amazon Prime Now. Have used it twice and GG. Amazon actually offered all the items we needed while GG didn't. Services was great for both, but Amazon was also cheaper.

We used GG last Feb. It was terrific. Using Amazon Prime Now you can get your groceries same day, GG you must order ahead of time. Amazon delivers in boxes so resorts can charge you $5 per box. You could arrange to receive the delivery yourself.

We always use GC on the last seven trips and have always found them to have excellent service. We have always received everything that we ordered and delivered on time.

We used GG last Feb. It was terrific. Using Amazon Prime Now you can get your groceries same day, GG you must order ahead of time. Amazon delivers in boxes so resorts can charge you $5 per box. You could arrange to receive the delivery yourself.

They don't charge when the company delivers to bell services. That is only for shipped items. Prime also uses bags.

What is the instructions to get amazon prime to deliver yo the bell desk to avoid thr 5$ per box charge? Were staying at Kidani in AKL.

I ordered Garden Grocer a couple of years ago. We order lots of stuff and our order was missing quite a few items. They were very kind about replacing the missing items and sent the replacements the next day. Unfortunately we were still missing a couple of items. I let them know but I gave up. I'm going to try again this year. They have good reviews, maybe it was just a strange occurrence.

Just wanted to come back and say that we went with Garden grocer, even though they were a little more - the service was great! I found that you have to add $40 to use Prime Fresh - and that's $40 of strictly Fresh items! So it wasn't worth it for us as we did a $55 order total (including shipping). For a family, it may make more sense for Prime Fresh but for 2 adults Garden grocer worked better for Babel cheese, grapes, water, fruit snacks, paper towels and chips.

Can I recommend Safeway?

We used them a couple months ago. Free delivery, you get to more control over the actual items you order, and the price was much cheaper than GG. I wasn't charged a fee fro delivery to Bay Lake Tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter