• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill in Epcot with Chip and Dale any good?

It is one of our favorites! Like you, we weren’t sure if we should give it a try. In my family’s opinion, it’s one we will return to many times in the future.

We enjoyed the family style dining. We did lunch. The food was “kid friendly” (for mine anyway), but delicious for us adults as well. The character interactions were fun, they came around more than once and the fact that the actual restaurant rotates was interesting too!

Yes! It's a must do for every trip for us. The tables don't feel as crowded as in most other park restaurants, the characters often visit more than once and the food is great. If you can get a PPO breakfast, you can likely get on Soarin' before the masses storm the park.

It's my favorite WDW character meal. Always excellent character interaction! We have only done dinner here and it has always been a great meal. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere and I feel like it is the least rushed and chaotic of the character meals. You will see the characters multiple times - in fact, by the third time they come around we are actually kind of done with the characters and just wave and smile.

Absolutely worth it! It is our favorite character meal for dinner and the breakfast looks great too! We have had the best character interactions there and they don't just come around to the table once, they come around 2-3 times. The food is delicious. We love the atmosphere there - the slow rotating and seeing the scenes from LWTL ride. It is a must do every trip for us.

We don’t normally go for buffets, but this is AYCTE and we really enjoyed it! I’d reccomend it to others definitely, if the menu interests them! I will say we’ve only done dinner so that’s all I can comment on, though.

We've done breakfast and it was really good. I wouldn't say "excellent" - Disney breakfast food is pretty standard, but the giant cinnamon roll was really good. I like that it's all you care to eat, but not a buffet. I find character buffets a little hectic sometimes, with people rushing back to tables so they don't miss characters. This is much more relaxed and as others have said, sometimes the characters will stop by more than once. The character interaction is what makes it so good. Chip and Dale are fun every time! Be aware that you are seated in booths with bench seating, if you have a large party getting everyone in and out of the booth for character photos might be a little cumbersome. When we ate there it was just two of us, so no problem. It's a really good character meal.

We are having dinner there again in June. Its smaller and the pace is a bit slower to. As other have posted you will see the characters 2 or 3 times while there and unlike buffets they bring the food to you. I am not a lover of any of WDW's breakfasts but we do enjoy the dinner there.

I think it definitely is! MMMM the sausage was soooo good! And sweet potato fries!

Also unless you plan on resort hopping, it's a bit harder to track down Chip & Dale and Pluto as Characters, so that's a thing for your family, keep that in mind.

The restaurant is good, certainly not amazing but it is good. We loved the character interaction and you can't beat the fact that the restaurant rotates around the Land ride. I haven't been at breakfast but from looking at youtube reviews it does look pretty good.

The food is very solid - just check the menu and make sure you like what is served as part of the meal.

The character interactions are great (they tend to be better at lunch when it is less crowded compared to at dinner when they have more tables they need to hit).

Pet peeve:
I do not know why the Disney dining site describes it as a buffet, b/c the very definition of buffet is self-service meal.
It is an AYCTE family style meal that is served - you do not serve yourself at Garden Grill.

We ended up there kind of by accident last September (didn’t have an ADR and were hungry after Soarin) and were pleasantly surprised. The food was just good comfort food, and the character interaction was great. We don’t do buffets because in general we find the hygiene habits of some people to be awful (like the woman who sampled all the salad dressings by sticking her finger in them and licking it off) but since they bring the food to the table, that worked well for us, and you can ask for seconds of anything you want.

We have enjoyed eating there several times in the past, dinner mostly, but also breakfast. Part of the appeal for us is that the restaurant continually turns, giving you an immersion of the LWTL ride below. Unfortunately when we walked by in December and again in February, the turning mechanism appeared to be broken again. That's particularly unpleasant if you get a table right in front where you have a front row seat to the masses walking by. If/When it's up and running again we will definitely go back. Chip and Dale, Pluto, and Farmer Mickey are so fun.

We ended up there kind of by accident last September (didn’t have an ADR and were hungry after Soarin) and were pleasantly surprised. The food was just good comfort food, and the character interaction was great. We don’t do buffets because in general we find the hygiene habits of some people to be awful (like the woman who sampled all the salad dressings by sticking her finger in them and licking it off) but since they bring the food to the table, that worked well for us, and you can ask for seconds of anything you want.
o_O :scared1: Oh my word! I would have definitely told my server about that so the dressings could be replaced!

o_O :scared1: Oh my word! I would have definitely told my server about that so the dressings could be replaced!
We did, and by the time we left, the dressings had NOT been replaced. Last time anyone in the group ate at a buffet. It was not at Disney though. I have a feeling that Disney would swap things out, provided someone sees the transgression and reports it. But there’s no guarantee the person will be caught, so we err on the safe side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter