Garden Grill...breakfast or dinner?

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
For our August trip, on Epcot day I currently have ADRs for GG PPO breakfast as well as a dinner ADR. I just can't decide which one to keep. I heard the PPO breakfast is good and then we can right on Soarin afterwards. But I've also heard that the dinner food is yummy too and we wouldn't be rushed to eat and go downstairs for Soarin to avoid the RD crowd. That would allow us to relax and eat and get enough character time and enjoy the scenery of the ride below. Our PPO ADR is for 8:40 am, but I was counting on being able to get in early with the other PPO crowd. Its 5 of us, 2 adults, 16, 9 and 2 yr old children. So we would be doing child swap for Soarin anyway. Looking for thoughts on which meal is better or which option is better?

GG is our favorite. We've even gone twice on one trip. That said, I would never book a meal like this with the intention of rushing through it. If you want to ride Soarin at RD, just get to the park early and go to GG for lunch or dinner.

Can’t go wrong with either but we LOVE dinner at GG. If you booked it with the intention to ride Sorin go for it but if you want to relax and enjoy (which I suggest) I’d plan to not rush it and pick the meal you want

You really can't go wrong with either Breakfast or Dinner, however we really like the breakfast a tad more. There is something about having Mickey waffles with nutella sauce that really gets me, plus the skillet of cinnamon buns are soooo good :love:.

FWIW we did GG PPO last April planning to walk on Soarin'. We walked to the restaurant when the PPO folks lined up at the turnstiles were let into the park and were seated a few minutes after checking in. Our server took care of the bill right away so we could leave at our leisure....but, besides that, we didn't really give another thought to getting to Soarin'. Everybody had plenty to eat....and I enjoyed 3 cups of coffee 8-). We had quality interactions with each character before walking on Soarin'. (That time of day, the restaurant isn't full.) It was a fun way to start the day. That said, we obviously spent less than an hour in the restaurant, so even though we never felt rushed, it wasn't a long leisurely meal.

I would keep the breakfast. We didn't really enjoy the dinner offerings but want to go back and try breakfast. After breakfast, everyone but the 2 yo will get to enjoy low waits for Soarin so it sort of pays for itself! You can do rider swap and the 16 and 9 yo will get to ride it twice which I'm sure they'll love.

My wife, two kids (age 14 and 11) and I recently had dinner here for the first time, and absolutely loved it! For a bunch of picky eaters, we found everything edible and tasty, from the Mac & cheese (kids were saying it’s the best they’ve had at a restaurant) to the meats, the experience exceeded our expectations. Never had breakfast there, but can confidently recommend the dinner!

Thanks everyone! Now Im really thinking of doing both. On 2 different days of course. I want to try the breakfast and do Soarin but also want to enjoy dinner at a nice pace. Im torn. I guess Ill schedule both and play it by ear. :)

Does anyone have current pictures of GG's breakfast from a dinning review? Sorry I don't feel like searching in through the threads.

Very personal decision. Breakfast is cheaper. But do you like breakfast foods? Does your family like to get up early for a dining reservation PPO? For my family the answer is no. We generally prefer to spend park time in the morning doing park things and then taking meal breaks later in the day.

We are going to WDW in August and are doing Garden Grill at lunch. We have 3 FPs before our ADR and then will have lunch and also i am hoping we can get on Soarin first thing, before we use our test track FP. And we should be able to snag some FPs for the afternoon once we tap in for our 11:30 AM FP. This way we are indoors and resting during the hottest part of the day. Menu also looks more appealing to us.

Personally I would do breakfast. The food is delicious and the PPO ride on Soarin is a great perk. Plus, there are so many other great dinner options in Epcot, but far fewer options for breakfast.

We loved Garden Grill for dinner and have done it every year since 2014. In Nov 2018, it felt a bit more rushed, and the server was very weird about giving us more food, which was very odd. I can honestly say the food was fantastic when they still had the filet of beef (still miss it!) and the tilapia. Our last trip in November, we did not care for dinner and we were surprised. So this upcoming trip we booked a PPO breakfast instead. I have been wanting to do breakfast since they started it. I am excited for it.

I have never tried dinner at Garden Grill because I can't get past the delicious breakfast! Maybe I should make another dining reservation next month and give it a try...

Right now ….. my memory escapes me ….. What does PPO mean ? Both meals are fantastic, however I feel that "MyTwoPrincesses" has a point about dinner would be better to rest and to get out of the heat.

We typically don't do big breakfasts, but GG is a hit. Can't beat starting the day in the park with Mickey and friends and first in line for Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter