Garden Grill Breakfast, Motion Sickness

SpaceSquirrel

Mouseketeer
I have a breakfast booked at Garden Grill but now I'm rethinking it.
I suffer pretty intense motion sickness and this will be the day after we get back to land from a Disney Cruise.
If we continue with the bonine (which we usually do for couple days anyway) and keep our sea bands on do you think we'll be ok?
Has anyone eaten there and experienced motion sickness?
Any advice or input would be very much appreciated.

I have a breakfast booked at Garden Grill but now I'm rethinking it.
I suffer pretty intense motion sickness and this will be the day after we get back to land from a Disney Cruise.
If we continue with the bonine (which we usually do for couple days anyway) and keep our sea bands on do you think we'll be ok?
Has anyone eaten there and experienced motion sickness?
Any advice or input would be very much appreciated.

I have horrible motion sickness. We went to GG in 2009 and it moves so slowly, I did totally fine. I wouldn't worry about it!

Think of it this way, if you turned yourself around in a circle, but took an hour to do it, would that make you sick?
No, but when I'm on a suspended type upper level I get motion sick. (3D movies make me sick!) DH doesn't feel of little bounces but I sure do you.

Thank you all for the replies, I think I'll be just fine. I'll still be on the bonine and wearing my sea bands :)

If you get that motion sick... Skip the bands and Bonine and get the doctor to give you a prescription for the patch. It's the best money I ever spent. You get 4 in the pack but they aren't cheap. Mine was $80 but I get sick and been on multiple cruises were I've had to take bonine and it makes you drowsy and still doesn't completely help but the patch is AMAZING.

If you get that motion sick... Skip the bands and Bonine and get the doctor to give you a prescription for the patch. It's the best money I ever spent. You get 4 in the pack but they aren't cheap. Mine was $80 but I get sick and been on multiple cruises were I've had to take bonine and it makes you drowsy and still doesn't completely help but the patch is AMAZING.

The patch makes me really sick but when we have cruised before I've been just fine so long as I take the bonine every evening starting a couple days before we sail and keep the sea bands on 24/7, I can't even take him off for a shower or I get dizzy sick.

I recommend sticking with the bonine. I suffer from motion sickness and ate there about three weeks ago. It does move very slowly, but I also felt it a bit. I was still able to enjoy breakfast, but every so often when I shifted my gaze back to scenery from my food I'd feel the slight spin. I was caught off guard with it, too, because I ate there about 15 years ago and had no problem at all! If you've got the meds, you should be fine. 3D movies affect me sometimes, too.

For those who suffer from motion sickness, how do you do on rides?

My 7 year old gets car sick every once in a while and has been airsick once. But she loves rides at the fair (like Dumbo, but smaller or a very small roller coaster) and it's hard for me to calibrate how she'll do at Disney. We have also booked Garden Grill for breakfast and I'm a little concerned it will be a disaster.

I have to wear sea bands to ride rides, they make them child size I'd look into it.
Just have her start wearing them at least 30 minutes before the first ride ;)

Personally I've learned from experience to avoid simulators. I haven't attempted Soarin' and I avoid Star Tours due to a bad past experience. I find roller coasters too fast to trigger it for me. As long as I'm facing the direction of movement, I'm fine on most others.

Mission Space, this is the one to stay away from.
There are benches as you leave and the 1 time I rode it those benches were full of dizzy sick people.
I was certain death was near and a friend of mine (never gets motion sick) puked right after.
Evil, evil ride.
I do ok w/ star tours and soarin' was a blast, as long as I have those sea bands :)

There is no way you will even know its moving. Do you stay on the medication for the other attractions/rides? On the high seas I can understand it but the GG I do not think it will be necessary just MHO

There are benches as you leave and the 1 time I rode it those benches were full of dizzy sick people.
I was certain death was near and a friend of mine (never gets motion sick) puked right after.
Evil, evil ride.
I do ok w/ star tours and soarin' was a blast, as long as I have those sea bands :)

Mission Space! Good point. I've never tried that one. If I can't handle Star Tours, chances are that would be a bad time. :)

Mission Space! Good point. I've never tried that one. If I can't handle Star Tours, chances are that would be a bad time. :)
Oh yeah, it's really bad. You can do two different levels and I did the wimp level and still got sick.
We were there in 05 and a child actually died on the ride (from what I understood he was too small to be on it) right around the time we were on it. We saw cast members and men that looked like security running around kind of crazy then the next day read about it in an Orlando paper, same time, same ride, kinda eerie.

I get motion sick on the carousel. I wore the patch on Space Mountain once and I was so sick afterwards I needed to head back to the resort. The patch doesn't help with up and down and back and forth. Just rolling motion.

But I ate at Garden Grill without any problem.

Evil, evil ride.

Hahaha!! I will NEVER do the orange side again. I was one of those people laying on the benches afterwards wondering how astronauts do that. I now take a motion sickness pill an hour before park time & do fine on all the rides, but once on that was enough for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter