Garden Grill Breakfast Menu Changed!

I don't think it will get people out the door faster. I think it's just being cheap. They know that people will want to do a character meal, and they can basically serve whatever cheap slop they want :sad2:
I do hope people take their own sweet time!

Ugh this is disappointing! Was looking forward to the old dinner menu - I only eat steak and chicken so was excited to have both. I’m kind of over all of these family skillet style restaurants… I’d rather pick my own meal. Will probably keep my res since it’s too late to switch and I want the characters/experience for my son.

This is definitely a bummer and everything just seems so blah. We also have a CP breakfast booked and now I'm wondering if I want to take my chances for a Regal Eagle.. although it's a Brendan Fraser night sooo that's really risky.

My DH had to make a coffee cake this morning for breakfast to console himself over losing the cinnamon loaf next week... :laughing: Also he keeps telling me to check the menus to see if they "changed their mind"...I just think now there's more room for festival food...

Really disappointed Disney has replaced another healthier vegetabl/tofu forward op with vegan meat. I prefer eating more towards the whole food side and it’s getting harder to find that. Not that I expect a theme park to be a haven of health food of course, and vegan meat is still comparatively healthy vs animal meat. Not everything needs to be Impossible or other vegan meat though, a good vegetable or tofu or bean and grains dish is better.

Really disappointed Disney has replaced another healthier vegetabl/tofu forward op with vegan meat. I prefer eating more towards the whole food side and it’s getting harder to find that. Not that I expect a theme park to be a haven of health food of course, and vegan meat is still comparatively healthy vs animal meat. Not everything needs to be Impossible or other vegan meat though, a good vegetable or tofu or bean and grains dish is better.
I can’t stand Impossible or Beyond. It usually gives me bad heartburn/acid reflux. I much prefer veggies, tofu/soybean, or legumes. I’m not vegetarian now, but I have been. I do eat dairy though. I probably won’t eat much at the breakfast. The steak sounds gross, and I only eat bacon if it’s burned to a crisp, At least it looks like they changed out the watermelon for “seasonal” fruit. My son still wants to go, so we will probably just stuck it out,

Has anyone been since the menu change? Specifically the breakfast?

Also, lunch? I have always done the lunch, and loved the steak with chimichurri. I see it still has steak, but what is it like? Also, I am glad to see the turkey back. Maybe lunch won't be such a bust, though the loss of the short cake is puzzling as I felt it was the signature dish!

I was there for breakfast on Dec. 7th and there was in fact both cinnamon loaf and cheesy potatoes. It was an absolutely delicious meal.
I find it very odd that they would remove those popular items from the online menu and DFB would report on it, and then not take them off. We canceled our ADR for Nov. 29 based on the changed menu. I assume eventually they're making the change but you'd think they would add "as of x/xx/24" or something. I don't regret canceling the reservation as we had no trouble getting a good seat for the candlelight processional without a reservation and had more room for festival food (also saved quite a bit of $). Very weird.

Also, lunch? I have always done the lunch, and loved the steak with chimichurri. I see it still has steak, but what is it like? Also, I am glad to see the turkey back. Maybe lunch won't be such a bust, though the loss of the short cake is puzzling as I felt it was the signature dish!
Had it last week. It was still steak with chimmichurri, pretty much the same, but I thought the quality had gone down. The turkey was on the skillet too, but I didn’t love it bc it was smoked turkey. The apple pie with ice cream was very good though. The corn bread was good too, but I think the spoon bread was better

Had it last week. It was still steak with chimmichurri, pretty much the same, but I thought the quality had gone down. The turkey was on the skillet too, but I didn’t love it bc it was smoked turkey. The apple pie with ice cream was very good though. The corn bread was good too, but I think the spoon bread was better

Well, at least the chimichurri is still there. I may be able to tolerate that anyway. Thanks for the intel.

Just are there. We got the following:

Cinnamon pull apart bread (good, but not the same as pre-Covid)
Cheesy potatoes
Watermelon
Scrambled eggs
Mickey waffles
Bacon
Steak with ranchero sauce

Just are there. We got the following:

Cinnamon pull apart bread (good, but not the same as pre-Covid)
Cheesy potatoes
Watermelon
Scrambled eggs
Mickey waffles
Bacon
Steak with ranchero sauce
Thanks for reporting back...very interesting that it didn't really change.

Thanks for reporting back...very interesting that it didn't really change.
Someone said that they only got a basket of breakfast pastries. So, I don’t know what’s going on. I think they got normal fruit mix too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter