Garden grill, Beaches and Cream or Akershus

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I currently have all 3 booked on one day but I think this is way to much food what should I drop? Here is the tentative plans for the day.

2 adults and DD age 3
Staying at the beach club and have park hoppers

This was more of a relaxing day originally. Hang by the pool in the morning lunch at 11:50 at Beaches and Cream, maybe some more pool time, then head to Epcot in the afternoon, do FP, and have dinner at 645 at Akershus.

However every time we talk about the trip DD brings up meeting Chip and Dale at breakfast (in Disneyland) and how they played peek a boo with her and she can’t wait to see them again! So now I’m trying to fit in a meal at Garden Grill.

So I currently have a breakfast there on this day at 840, I can get a dinner there on the same day at 630 (they meet at dinner right?). Should also mention we aren’t huge breakfast eaters, so I try and stay away from breakfast meals... but this would be our only one (aside from departure day)

We did Akershus last trip and had a lovely time but DD isn’t super into princesses and we do have a few meets scheduled in MK and will try to meet Anna and Elsa.

Option 1 keep the breakfast at garden grill and dinner at Akershus, cancel beaches and cream
Option 2 keep beaches and cream and get a dinner at garden grill
Option 3 keep beaches and cream and Akershus and forget chip and dale she is 3 :worried: I’m having a hard time with this one I hate to disappoint her one request

Any opinions?

I was not WOW'd at the breakfast at GG. Lunch/dinner was good. I would go with Option 2. The character interaction is really good at GG.

BUT.....
If you want to meet Chip & Dale would you consider going to Fort Wilderness instead? You could do dinner at Trails End and then head over to the campfire sing a long. Chip & Dale are there nightly for the sing a long and it's FREE!!! You can by smores kits to make at the campfire if you want. Trails End is one of the best and least expensive buffets in WDW IMHO and it gets you into a relaxing atmosphere at the campground.

I currently have all 3 booked on one day but I think this is way to much food what should I drop? Here is the tentative plans for the day.

2 adults and DD age 3
Staying at the beach club and have park hoppers

This was more of a relaxing day originally. Hang by the pool in the morning lunch at 11:50 at Beaches and Cream, maybe some more pool time, then head to Epcot in the afternoon, do FP, and have dinner at 645 at Akershus.

However every time we talk about the trip DD brings up meeting Chip and Dale at breakfast (in Disneyland) and how they played peek a boo with her and she can’t wait to see them again! So now I’m trying to fit in a meal at Garden Grill.

So I currently have a breakfast there on this day at 840, I can get a dinner there on the same day at 630 (they meet at dinner right?). Should also mention we aren’t huge breakfast eaters, so I try and stay away from breakfast meals... but this would be our only one (aside from departure day)

We did Akershus last trip and had a lovely time but DD isn’t super into princesses and we do have a few meets scheduled in MK and will try to meet Anna and Elsa.

Option 1 keep the breakfast at garden grill and dinner at Akershus, cancel beaches and cream
Option 2 keep beaches and cream and get a dinner at garden grill
Option 3 keep beaches and cream and Akershus and forget chip and dale she is 3 :worried: I’m having a hard time with this one I hate to disappoint her one request

Any opinions?

I would do Option 2. If your DD isn't super into princesses, you already have some meet and greets planned and she really wants to meet Chip and Dale, I think this is the way to go! I'm not a huge fan of the food at GG, but the character interaction is pretty awesome. Chip and Dale are hysterical!!! Also, if you want a relaxing day, going into EP for breakfast, out for the pool and then back in again doesn't sound very relaxing to me! I would enjoy your morning at the pool, do lunch at B&C and then head into EP for the evening.

I would definitely do option 2. If you are doing a princess meal for her and shes over princesses and wants to see chip and sale, that's a no brainer to me to trade those two out.

I think the breakfast is better at Garden Grill than the dinner, but with only 3 hours between a family style breakfast and lunch you might not be hungry for beaches and cream at lunchtime. Both meals are better than akershus, and if princesses are not a priority Akershus may not be worthwhile.

One thing to consider is that if you do the early breakfast at GG you will be well positioned to do an early ride on Soarin or Living with the land (or both of you need to do rider swap with the 3yo).

You could keep the GG breakfast and try for a later lunch or dinner at B&C as well.

Another vote for option 2. We like the food there and its one of our ADR's for our trip in June. On our last trip I believe the characters stopped at our table 3 times before we were done.

I would pick Option 2 as well. We only did Akershus breakfast but didn't love it. I thought it was also touch crowded in there. With Option 2, you can keep your original plan which I like, especially since you're staying at Beach Club. We don't usually stay at Beach Club but still make it a point to go to Beaches & Cream whenever we visit!

Thank you everyone! Looks like option 2 is the way to go! Just changed to the dinner at garden grill!

I was not WOW'd at the breakfast at GG. Lunch/dinner was good. I would go with Option 2. The character interaction is really good at GG.

BUT.....
If you want to meet Chip & Dale would you consider going to Fort Wilderness instead? You could do dinner at Trails End and then head over to the campfire sing a long. Chip & Dale are there nightly for the sing a long and it's FREE!!! You can by smores kits to make at the campfire if you want. Trails End is one of the best and least expensive buffets in WDW IMHO and it gets you into a relaxing atmosphere at the campground.

I did consider this but I think getting to fort wilderness on this trip would just eat up a lot of time, but I have heard good things about this meal and it’s on my radar for future trip and

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter