• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden grill and motion sickness

kmn952

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I have Garden Grill booked for dinner in December. There will be six of us. I was wanting to do this one because my almost 2-year-old loves chip and dale.

One member of my party is prone to motion sickness. Will this restaurant negatively affect her, should I look elsewhere?

I've been to GG 5+ times, my reaction each time is "oh, the spinning device must be broke today". After I sit quietly & stare, I can confirm its still moving. If that makes someone ill, that would be an extreme case of motion sickness!

My sister-in-law is prone to motion sickness and did complain about Garden Grill. She said she couldn't eat much and felt sick for a while after. I feel bad because I was the one who recommended it for her family! I would let your friend decide if they're willing to try it.

My sister-in-law is prone to motion sickness and did complain about Garden Grill. She said she couldn't eat much and felt sick for a while after. I feel bad because I was the one who recommended it for her family! I would let your friend decide if they're willing to try it.

Add me to the .01 percent of people with motion sickness issues that DID feel the motion - I didn't get sick, but didn't feel right for a few hours after the meal - again, small minority of people would feel anything - my issues are severe enough that I take medication for dizziness , so it's possible to feel the movement

As others have said you can barely tell it is movie, though that does remind me of a bit from the old sitcom NewsRadio about "the 'world's fastest' revolving restaurant." It's an untapped market!

I am extremely sensitive to motion and I surely felt the effects. I had to leave the restaurant while my party stayed to finish their meal. It was several hours before I no longer felt queasy.

My DS gets car sick very easily, and he has no problems there. It was one of his favorite restaurants when he was younger!

Unless you are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, it is so slow that I would not expect any problems at all.
Enjoy, the characters are wonderful!

I am extremely sensitive to motion and I surely felt the effects. I had to leave the restaurant while my party stayed to finish their meal. It was several hours before I no longer felt queasy.

Just curious, can you handle elevators?

I can no longer do tea cups or merry-go-rounds, and was a bit afraid to do FOP (no issues) , but it's odd what can affect one and not hundreds of others.

There were a few spots in soaring that would bother me too.

Last edited:
Just curious, can you handle elevators?

I can no longer do tea cups or merry-go-rounds, and was a bit afraid to do FOP (no issues) , but it's odd what can affect one and not hundreds of others.

There were a few spots in soaring that would bother me too.

I can barely handle elevators; I usually avoid them if it's only 3 or 4 flights of stairs to climb. I can't ride in the back seat of a car at all, and can only ride in the front seat if I am sitting facing forward, not looking over my shoulder, in my purse, etc.- and sometimes even that doesn't work. I've never been able to do tea cups, have to be careful at Soarin. The only way I can do merry-go-rounds is if I "spot" (which is how dancers can do so many consecutive turns). FOP was a total loss for me, even with Bonine, sea-bands, and a scope patch. I just hunkered down and kept my eyes closed. Heck, I sometimes have trouble in swimming pools, even with my feet firmly planted on the bottom of the pool!

I'm sensitive to motion but never had a problem with Garden View the many times I've eaten there. Even though it revolves insanely slow, my suggestion would be to NOT look around at all. Concentrate only on the company, the delicious food and the adorable Chip and Dale & Mickey and Goofy (every time we're there).
Very cute interactions worth going for.

I have soul crushing motion sickness...and I was fine. I definitely felt it moving, but I think the combination of the slow speed, the good food, and the fun we were having with the characters kept my mind off of it and I was fine. We were also in the top section so while it was a bummer that we couldn't really see into Living with the Land, it probably worked out in my favor because we weren't looking over the edge of the restaurant. We're going back to Disney in January and it was the one repeat restaurant that everyone in my family requested.

Hello!

I have Garden Grill booked for dinner in December. There will be six of us. I was wanting to do this one because my almost 2-year-old loves chip and dale.

One member of my party is prone to motion sickness. Will this restaurant negatively affect her, should I look elsewhere?

I have gotten motion sick on a turning restaurant before. However, this did not happen to me at GG. Good luck!

It made me motion sick. I didn't eat much and had to look down at the table the whole time. Definitely a one and done for me because of the motion.

I am very glad for the awareness this thread has created. When I saw this question, I immediately thought no one could get sick at GG. But the responses here make it clear that people can, people DO, and that it's not an isolated case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter