• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I don't see many surviving. I don't see the dire wolves being a big part in the remaining story...sorry.

I think Arya will die. I think Jon and Dany will die. Jaime and Tormund will die. Bron and Varys and Davos and Jorah will die. Many will die. I think Sam and Gilly will live but most others will die. The Hound and the Mountain will die. Death is all we will see this last season. And I cannot wait for Cersei's.

I don't see many surviving. I don't see the dire wolves being a big part in the remaining story...sorry.

I think Arya will die. I think Jon and Dany will die. Jaime and Tormund will die. Bron and Varys and Davos and Jorah will die. Many will die. I think Sam and Gilly will live but most others will die. The Hound and the Mountain will die. Death is all we will see this last season. And I cannot wait for Cersei's.
Didn't Martin's wife say she would divorce him if he ever killed off Arya's character? That rumor has been flying around since HBO aired the show (and maybe since the books came out) but I never really knew if there was truth to that rumor or not.

Personally I'm waiting to see how some house words come into play. Of the top of my head I want to see the words of House Lannister and House Greyjoy demonstrated.

Since we have soooooo much time before George finally releases the next book, I am going to re-read the series this summer. There are some major differences, such as Jeyne Poole being the one sent to Ramsay Bolton, not Sansa. I am curious where the books will go, but love the series.

This is still just speculation, right?

Will there need to be a night's watch? Assuming Jorah survives because the walkers are defeated, now that the free folk are south of the wall (and the wall has a massive hole in it) why would there be a night's watch?

Yes this is still just speculation... for me the fact that Tyrion has had contact with the dragons back a few seasons and they did not eat him, and allowed him to touch them and dreams about them from a young boy. They allow him around Daenerys walking freely with her... And all the times that Tyrion father said you are no son of mine, especially right before he killed him......and the rumors about the mad King having a thing for Joanna Lannister back in the day... As well as how Bran was looking at Tyrion after the scene with Sansa and Tyrion... I think he might all ready know something.... All three Jon, Daenery and Tyrion mother's all three of them died in bring them into the world... so there in my thoughts some type of connection with them, so I lean toward him being part Targaryen... which would make them, possibly the three headed dragon...
As well as Dan and Dave have said that only a Targaryen or someone with Targaryen blood can ride the dragons, in recent interviews... So for me its at least something to consider...

With Jorah... Again just my thoughts... Yes, there will be a need for a nights watch... it might end up like before killing most of them, and them fleeing beyond the wall... possibly the night king dying, then again maybe not... so one of the other taking the night kings position or alot of people think it has something to do with Bran.... so being prepared for another attack on the realms of men... I could see them rebuilding the wall, maybe Bran and the children of the Forest have something to do with that, Maybe it becomes a sorta outpost for the free folks to live safely beyond the wall , or a place to use for expeditions to see whats really out there... know one really know what it out there... If Jorah were to become the commander of the nights watch... he would be fulfilling his Dad's place...and this part of the story coming full circle... I only see this happening if Daenery's dies, or he thinks it is the best way to serve her...

In Game of Thrones, nothing happens just to happen, there is a reason for it, In the last 6 well now 5 episode's they are going to start wrapping up those reasons for us... whether we like the outcome or not...

I could barely remember anything that happened in the previous season going into the premier since it's been way too long, but I was fairly underwhelmed with S8E1. I think the lack of guiding source material has really been apparent these last couple seasons.

The dialogue has suffered since the show outpaced the books, most of the time it's the over reliance on cursing with the chosen expletives the ones common today that tend to pull me out of the story.
This is very obvious with Tyrion, without GRRM the writers don't seem to have anything for him to say but castration jokes. It is disappointing. He is better than that.

Bran is such a weirdo.
He is definitely a Debbie Downer. It's like if you have so much to add, then do it. Stop being cryptic and make people listen to you. Everyone makes fun of the Starks because they are good people who basically make bad decisions and put their trust in the wrong people. I think the last season was about the ones left finally making sound decisions. I think Bran is going to somehow screw this up. LOL.

She's no longer the young, innocent girl she was back then. She's become quite an adept and intelligent leader.
See I feel like the show needs to stop trying to make Sansa happen.

Sansa and Tyrion are still technically married. So there’s that.
I think this was undone when they married her off to Ramsey.

Regarding Jon and Daenarys, one thing that hasn't been heavily emphasized in the show the way it was in the books is that Targaryens throughout history wed close relatives (most often siblings) to preserve the strength of the blood-line. :scratchin
It's usually been brought up when Cersei and Jaime are trying to justify why they should be together out in the open.

I don't see many surviving. Death is all we will see this last season.
I pretty much agree with this, unfortunately.

I really don't like what I'm feeling like the show has set up as a probable ending with the Hodor revelation.
And I'm probably not very nice to say this, but if they knew they were going to have Jon, Danaerys, and Sansa last this long and be Westeros' only chance of survival, they probably should have cast better actors. Their acting stands out as particularly bad now that they are onscreen next to so many of these other actors.

I could barely remember anything that happened in the previous season going into the premier since it's been way too long, but I was fairly underwhelmed with S8E1. I think the lack of guiding source material has really been apparent these last couple seasons.

This is very obvious with Tyrion, without GRRM the writers don't seem to have anything for him to say but castration jokes. It is disappointing. He is better than that.

I really don't like what I'm feeling like the show has set up as a probable ending with the Hodor revelation.
And I'm probably not very nice to say this, but if they knew they were going to have Jon, Danaerys, and Sansa last this long and be Westeros' only chance of survival, they probably should have cast better actors. Their acting stands out as particularly bad now that they are onscreen next to so many of these other actors.

I think it's glaringly obvious with Tyrion because of Peter Dinklage. He really has that something special. If he hadn't dispatched dear old papa we'd be squirming at the awkward fit of the dialogue in his mouth in virtually the same way.

I'm not struggling with the performances of Jon, Danaerys or Sansa. I would have been exceptionally critical had they miscast Jon, Arya or Tyrion because they were "my" characters in the books, the ones I felt drawn to on the page. Sophie Turner, and the change in character direction, actually managed to make me enjoy and not want to throttle her character on general principle. Charles Dance and the tweaking of his character in some ways for the show managed to make me enjoy and miss his character onscreen. When I think about who portrayed Danaerys in the original pilot I am grateful we have Emilia Clarke.

Didn't Martin's wife say she would divorce him if he ever killed off Arya's character? That rumor has been flying around since HBO aired the show (and maybe since the books came out) but I never really knew if there was truth to that rumor or not.
:confused3 She's stayed with him this long and he seems like a total crazy, (albeit brilliant) weirdo. Hard to imagine that would be the straw to break the camel's back. :rotfl:

I think this is pretty much right...very few will make it to the end. Maybe Bran, I guess? Sam I suppose? I mean he is the narrator after all.

I'll always remember the Ramsey Bolton line from all the way back in S3E6: "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." That line was GRRM setting us up for the ending...

I don't think there's necessarily a happy ending coming either. I could see Sansa surviving as Lady of Winterfell. I'm not sure about Arya. I think Bran survives as the Raven. Jamie dies, I think. (But I want a great, heroic death for Jamie!) Cersei definitely dies. I don't know about Tyrion. I like the idea of Jorah becoming the next Night Watch.

I recently watched a 16 minute Youtube video about why Rhaegar Targaryn is the real hero of the series that brought up a lot of interesting points.

I think Jon Snow is Azar Ahai, & he gets Lightbringer (the sword) from Dany's death.

Was it season 2 where Dany had that the weird vision-dream sequence where she was in some wintry place & then exited there & then entered a tent where Khal Drago & their son were waiting for her? So I think Dany dies... possibly Jon ends up killing her, but I could see her dying in some other way as well. However, w/ her death, Jon gets Lightbringer.

I'm not sure about Jon & what happens to him.

Game of Thrones is the "Song of Ice & Fire," & that's what Jon is - the son of Ice (Lyanna Stark) & fire (Rhaegar Targaryen).

All along, this has been Jon Snow's story &, to a lesser extent, Dany's story, &, to lesser extent, Tyrion's story - they're the 3-headed dragon.

I do think Dany is pregnant w/ Jon's baby, & their child is the true Song of Ice & Fire & the true heir to the throne - and the person to whom Sam is telling the story.

Jon Snow is the promised prince. Dany is his lightbringer. And their child is the heir to the Iron Throne.

And I would love to see Ser Davos becoming the Hand of the King to Jon & Dany's child - although he'd have to live a very long life.

I don't think there's necessarily a happy ending coming either. I could see Sansa surviving as Lady of Winterfell. I'm not sure about Arya. I think Bran survives as the Raven. Jamie dies, I think. (But I want a great, heroic death for Jamie!) Cersei definitely dies. I don't know about Tyrion. I like the idea of Jorah becoming the next Night Watch.

I recently watched a 16 minute Youtube video about why Rhaegar Targaryn is the real hero of the series that brought up a lot of interesting points.

I think Jon Snow is Azar Ahai, & he gets Lightbringer (the sword) from Dany's death.

Was it season 2 where Dany had that the weird vision-dream sequence where she was in some wintry place & then exited there & then entered a tent where Khal Drago & their son were waiting for her? So I think Dany dies... possibly Jon ends up killing her, but I could see her dying in some other way as well. However, w/ her death, Jon gets Lightbringer.

I'm not sure about Jon & what happens to him.

Game of Thrones is the "Song of Ice & Fire," & that's what Jon is - the son of Ice (Lyanna Stark) & fire (Rhaegar Targaryen).

All along, this has been Jon Snow's story &, to a lesser extent, Dany's story, &, to lesser extent, Tyrion's story - they're the 3-headed dragon.

I do think Dany is pregnant w/ Jon's baby, & their child is the true Song of Ice & Fire & the true heir to the throne - and the person to whom Sam is telling the story.

Jon Snow is the promised prince. Dany is his lightbringer. And their child is the heir to the Iron Throne.

And I would love to see Ser Davos becoming the Hand of the King to Jon & Dany's child - although he'd have to live a very long life.
This is my thinking too. Though, sadly, i think Davos will die too. He is one of my fave characters. Many say the Sam actor is so great but I think Davos and Jorah actors are awesome. I like the Cersei actor too. And Jaime....gah, it is so strange to have him be my hottie on this show. He is such a bad guy at times but still I find him so hot.

This is my thinking too. Though, sadly, i think Davos will die too. He is one of my fave characters. Many say the Sam actor is so great but I think Davos and Jorah actors are awesome. I like the Cersei actor too. And Jaime....gah, it is so strange to have him be my hottie on this show. He is such a bad guy at times but still I find him so hot.

I really like Jamie too, &, if you think about it, the only truly horrid thing he's done is push Bran out the window. But pushing Bran out the window led to him becoming the Raven, which is his destiny. And, if you decide that everything is pre-ordained, then Jamie only "helped" hasten Bran along to his destiny.

He's the Kingslayer... and he killed the mad king when the king got way out of control. I hope he's the one that kills Cersei for the same reason.

At first, I really liked Jorah, but he became a little too Dany love-sick for me.

Cersei is an awesome villainess. And, say what you want about her, she loves her children.

Regarding the dragons -

I can't remember... I've read that only true Targaryens can ride the dragons. Has this been said on the show by any of the characters? Does Dany know this? I was a little surprised that she didn't have more of a reaction to Jon being able to ride the dragon.

Regarding the dragons -

I can't remember... I've read that only true Targaryens can ride the dragons. Has this been said on the show by any of the characters? Does Dany know this? I was a little surprised that she didn't have more of a reaction to Jon being able to ride the dragon.
Just a thought, but does this only apply to being able to ride the dragon solo? Dany picked up many people on Drogon when they were surrounded by the white walkers on that ice island. My guess is that only a true Targaryen can actually fly the dragons solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter