Gambling with snow days - booking day after school ends?

It's funny, I see my response above and how I was gambling with missing school if we had more than 4 snow days. We are headed into February and have not had a single snow day! We are in MA so this is unusual. I'm actually hoping for a few snow days now b/c otherwise I don't know what I will do with my kiddo that week.
Yesterday’s 15 minute snow was all we’ve gotten throughout December and January. It’s fine with me if we get a break from the snow this year, but I’m afraid of a repeat of last year- a late winter, no spring, and cool weather into June.

In our school system they just add days at the end of the year but discovered early on that virtually nothing gets done the last 2 weeks of school. Even as a senior Gwens finals are about a month out from the end of the year. So for 2 of our 5 trips I just called the school and told them we were going to Disney. Never been an issue.

I made this gamble and lost hard in 2016. Good luck :)

Our spring break goes away if we need to make up snow/high water days. Adding days to the end of the year is an absolute last resort and didn't happen even the year we missed 14 days for snow. Our 7-12 grade students take their final exams the Monday through Thursday of the last week of school, missing is not an option.

Oh this hurts hard ... I made the gamble this year.. not as a parent but as a school employee. We have used 3 snow days just this past week. We used another back in November. Yikes. I lost the gamble... my position doesn't directly impact one classroom so it won't be that bad to miss those last days... but now I have to work out my absent days with the higher ups.. not what I really wanted to do... but this was a trip that was gifted to us. My in laws said... we are taking the whole family to Disney... Disney magic will be sprinkled and it will all work out! ( my nieces and nephew lost the gamble too... but I am sure they will be happy to miss the last few days of school)

We are living it too....Make your plans anyways. We are going next month not during spring break. To beat the crowds and the hotel rate hikes. I say if they miss a day or two it really doesnt matter. The last week or so everything is packed up it's all busy work.

I work in a school and there are PLENTY of kids out when the calendar is adjusted for too many snow days. Just give the school a “valid” excuse if you’re worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter