Galveston Shuttle Question

kmix78

Mouseketeer
Ok, my hotel advertised as having transportation to the port, but when I arrived the lady at the desk said they actually drop you off at the Starbucks “across the street”. I’m unfamiliar with the area, and it’s late at night. Is it a walkable distance from Starbucks to the port, or should we play it safe and grab an Uber?

We board in the morning, and we’ve already dropped our rental off.

Thanks!

FYI...I have never left from the Galveston cruise terminal, but very familiar with the area.

The Starbucks is literally across the street from the cruise terminal (it is a busy, main thoroughfare on the north side of Galveston island, but there are crosswalks and traffic lights). The question is the distance from the street to the door of the cruise terminal. You would be walking, I would guess, about a quarter mile from the door of the coffee shop to the door of the terminal.

No brainer to go with the hotel transport for me, but if you have a whole lot of luggage that you don't want to pull any distance private transportation might be better.

They do so because the port asks a fee for vehicles entering the premises. As PP mentioned, the Starbucks is across a busy street from the entrance to the port, but the crossing is not dangerous or difficult. Without luggage, I would guess it is a 5 min walk from the Starbucks to the place where you drop off your luggage to the porters. Based on how much luggage we carry, our mobility and our willingness to walk, we would use the shuttle but I can conceive other families with lots of luggage or small children disliking the situation.

Does anyone know where Uber will pickup and drop off?

FWIW, our hotel dropped us off at Starbucks 2 weeks ago and Marc D is exactly right with his post.

Does anyone know where Uber will pickup and drop off?

FWIW, our hotel dropped us off at Starbucks 2 weeks ago and Marc D is exactly right with his post.
Our hotel told us that Uber will take you right into the port, but they charge $25-$35 per car as a port entry fee

Reactions: MUN
Ok, my hotel advertised as having transportation to the port, but when I arrived the lady at the desk said they actually drop you off at the Starbucks “across the street”. I’m unfamiliar with the area, and it’s late at night. Is it a walkable distance from Starbucks to the port, or should we play it safe and grab an Uber?

We board in the morning, and we’ve already dropped our rental off.

Thanks!

The Starbucks is literally across the street from the gate to drive into the cruise terminal (which all DCL literature says they use Terminal 2, but we were at Terminal 1 for our December 29th, 2017 sailing, and Terminal 1 is much closer to the gate). Once you cross at the light, it is about a 100-yard walk to the terminal and the porters.

we are flying into Hobby the night before our cruise, getting in late afternoon. I am concerned about scheduling any shuttles whereby missing it. I am investigating Uber. How is Uber pickup at Hobby and drop off at hotel in Galveston, and then after the cruise, pickup at the cruise terminal and dropping us off at Hobby. Any one done this and how was your experience, we would need an uber xl. thanks

we are flying into Hobby the night before our cruise, getting in late afternoon. I am concerned about scheduling any shuttles whereby missing it. I am investigating Uber. How is Uber pickup at Hobby and drop off at hotel in Galveston, and then after the cruise, pickup at the cruise terminal and dropping us off at Hobby. Any one done this and how was your experience, we would need an uber xl. thanks
Our party of 6 took a cab from Hobby to a hotel in Galveston. It was approximately $100. How much does Uber XL charge?

Our party of 6 took a cab from Hobby to a hotel in Galveston. It was approximately $100. How much does Uber XL charge?
uber xl is about $100 one way. we would need a mini van or the like. 4 people and luggage. are the cabs waiting there at hobby and also at the port for the return, do we need to reserve one or just find them at the curb? thanks

uber xl is about $100 one way. we would need a mini van or the like. 4 people and luggage. are the cabs waiting there at hobby and also at the port for the return, do we need to reserve one or just find them at the curb? thanks
Thanks! Plenty of cabs at both the airport and port. It sounds like uber x is comparably priced to a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter