Galaxy's Edge height requirement speculations

agamble

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any thoughts on the height requirements of the 2 new rides coming to Galaxy Edge?

Having seen pictures of the Battle Escape vehicles I'm guessing the ride will not allow lap sitting as traditional dark rides do and will have a height requirement of at least 32" like Mater's and Luigi's rides. I feel they included height requirements on those 2 rides partly because it is easier to monitor than saying must be able to sit unassisted or be of walking age.

As far as the Millennium Falcon I'm hopeful it will only be a 40" ride. But I suppose it could be 42".

Any other thoughts? Anyone else wondering if the rides could have different requirements at WDW than at Disneyland?

I think you are right. If both rides are 40”, that’s going to leave out a lot of younger guests. So I’d think one of them would be under 40”.

Rise - my guess is that this is the one that would be under 40”. Although, if it does have a drop at the end like Guardians, that could put it at 40”. Or, it could be an outlier like Indiana Jones and have a higher requirement, but that doesn’t feel right to me.

Smugglers - My guess for this is 40”. Star Tours is 40”. Mission Space is 40”. Just makes sense.

Unless some information about big differences in the rides is released, I doubt the height requirements would be different at the different parks.

Unless some information about big differences in the rides is released, I doubt the height requirements would be different at the different parks.

I mentioned this because sometimes identical rides at parks can have different height requirements. I know the two Space Mtns are not actually identical as the one in WDW is more like Matterhorn, but Space at WDW has a 44" requirement when in CA it is 40" and Matterhorn is only 42". Also Dinosaur and Indy are supposedly the same track layout but Indy is a 46" requirement and Dinosaur is only 40". Of course these rides opened at different times and may have some other differences. We have also noticed that same problem with identical rides at Six Flags Nor CA vs SoCA. I would hope with the rides being built simultaneously they'll have the same requirements in both states. But it was just a thought I had.

Mostly I'm just curious what other people think.

My guess is that the resistance ride will be about 40” and falcon will be between 40-46”.
Do you think the actual ride through of the Rise of the Resistance will be physically more intense than Pinocchio? I feel like it is just a dark ride and not a thrill ride at all. But I could be completely wrong. I've heard and seen images supporting that guests will enter vehicles on an omnivore as part of the "queue experience" and then be transferred to the two row vehicles.

Do you think the actual ride through of the Rise of the Resistance will be physically more intense than Pinocchio? I feel like it is just a dark ride and not a thrill ride at all. But I could be completely wrong.

Descriptions of the ride indicate that there is some kind of “drop” at the end when you are ejected from a ship in an escape pod. Whether this is a physical drop (like GotG) or simulated in some way (screens) is not clear in anything I’ve read.

Do you think the actual ride through of the Rise of the Resistance will be physically more intense than Pinocchio? I feel like it is just a dark ride and not a thrill ride at all. But I could be completely wrong. I've heard and seen images supporting that guests will enter vehicles on an omnivore as part of the "queue experience" and then be transferred to the two row vehicles.
Yes there are reports of a drop at the end of the ride similar to tot. And from what I’ve gathered these vehicles will move rather fast at certain points.

Hmm. I hadn't heard about a drop. Pirates has a drop, but it is also very old. My kids are all 40" + tall, so for us it doesn't matter, but it is a bit of a shame for many families if both rides have 40+ requirements. Especially with how crazy the lines will be. Rider swapping can be a pain.

If the "drop" at the end of Rise of the Resistance is a real drop, similar to what you experience on Guardians then I see that ride having a 40" height requirement.

If the drop is simulated, I don't think the ride will have a hight requirement.

Smuglers Run, if the motion simulation is less aggressive than Star Tours, then I can see it having a very low height requirement in the 32'' - 39'' range.

If the ride is equally aggressive or more than Star Tours then I see it having a 40"-46" hight requirement.

If the "drop" at the end of Rise of the Resistance is a real drop, similar to what you experience on Guardians then I see that ride having a 40" height requirement.

If the drop is simulated, I don't think the ride will have a hight requirement.

Smuglers Run, if the motion simulation is less aggressive than Star Tours, then I can see it having a very low height requirement in the 32'' - 39'' range.

If the ride is equally aggressive or more than Star Tours then I see it having a 40"-46" hight requirement.
It will have a drop of some kind. The ride takes place on multiple levels in the show building.

It will have a drop of some kind. The ride takes place on multiple levels in the show building.

Still can be simulated.

Transformers at Universal also takes place on multiple levels and has a simulated drop in an "slow" moving elevator.

That also has a height requirement.

Transformers is also an aggressive motion simulator, Rise of the Resistance is not.

Rise of the Resistance uses the ride system found Ratatouille, Mystic Manor, and Pooh's Hunny Hunt all of which have no height requirement.

Update: WDW News Today read the language from the warning sign to be placed outside The Rise of the Resistance ride and the ride does include a drop as well as sharp turns, etc. It will have a height of 40". They did not say anything about Millenium Falcon.

I expect the Millennium Falcon ride to have a similar height restriction to Star Tours based on the behind the scenes stuff I've seen. I read the 40" thing on WDW News Today, too for the Resistance ride. I was actually hoping there would be an attraction without a drop or movement intensity as my daughter loves Star Wars but hates drops. Oh well...maybe she'll get brave if we tell her she can see her boyfriend, Kylo Ren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter