• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galactic Starcruiser

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
I don't want to wade through 120+ pages of the thread dedicated to this resort. I'd like to hear details of a stay from people who have done it. Do you get the sense of being in space? Is there a lot of downtime spent in your room? I've read the official description and sample itinerary but those are vague. Any detailed experiences would be appreciated.

I am interested to find out as well, if there is someone here that can share a detailed rendition of their cruise. Also there are several vloggers who have posted reviews and first hand account on youtube. WDW News Today did a very detailed one and the folks from Ordinary Adventures had a very good one as well.

Heck, The DIS Unplugged gang have done video reviews on their stays. Just put "dis unplugged galactic starcruiser" in the YouTube search. You'll find a list of theirs.

You can get a better sense of what the experience is from watching several by various people than from someone's post(s) about it, IMO.

I'm wondering if anyone is compiling a spoiler-filled walkthrough of the experience. I've seen some spreadsheets floating around that have some details filled in with the times they happen, but I honestly want to go in as spoiled as possible so I can nudge my spouse and kids (who won't know about the trip until right before we go) towards the events that feature the characters they love. I understand that for some folks that is antithetical to the improv spirit of the experience, but for over 5K for one weekend, I won't be happy if we only have one bridge event that's just blasting asteroids out of the way or whatever. I know we can't do everything in one trip, but I want to hit the story highlights that feature major characters instead of missing one because I'm helping the cruise director move luggage or something. If this experience wasn't so expensive, I might not care and be willing to miss the special moments because we would plan to go back, but I doubt we will anytime soon.

I think one 'challenge' - other than the limited number of guests and even fewer regular DISers who have experienced the Starcruiser and therefore have something to report - is that trying to sit down and type out a comprehensive/proper trip report is a daunting task (in my opinion). I'd need to write a ton to give it due coverage - there's just so much going on, nuances of our voyage, each of our stories, etc. It's hard to even know where to begin. It's one thing to give a review of my last Poly stay, but this is sort of a whole different animal to write about.

I covered some basic thoughts right after our voyage on the bigger thread, as have many others since the March 1 opening (which starts at page 83, so only 41 pages of the 120+ page thread referenced to comb through). Admittedly that's still a lot to read through, but the first hand reviews and general Q&A that tends to happen on that and other larger resort threads does often contain a lot of valuable info. And for those that want to stay spoiler free (which was important to us) there's not a ton of spoiler posts, generally speaking.

Did I feel like I was in space? Yes, I guess. It's pretty darn immersive and with one exception you have no concept of day/night or where you are. It is very easy to forget you're physically basically in the DHS parking lot.

A lot of downtime spent in our room? Hardly any. We could have if we had so chosen, but we preferred to be out/about doing things furthering our journey, talking to other guests, interacting with Halycon characters and crew, etc.

As others have said I'm sure there are countless blogger/vlogger videos out there to be consumed as well that may cover things better than the written word.

HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter