Galactic Starcruiser - what is next for this space?

This is probably what the Starcruiser should have always been - just a themed hotel room. Their slavish devotion to immersiveness and canon, while impressive, wasn't that appealing. I mean, I LOVE Star Wars, but have you seen the way most people live in that universe? No thanks!
Disney could have just rethemed one of the All Star resorts. That would have been enough for some guests. Pool.

I would like to see it re imagined as a Star Wars Themed hotel, maybe not as inclusive or immersive, but still offer many of the experiences at a reasonable price. I think that would sell. Or leave it empty, but as a dining option and an attraction that you can go through.

Yea. Universal is always copying Disney. This is a great example.
Actually Galaxies Edge was an attempt to copy Universal’s insanely popular Harry Potter immersive experience.

Disney currently has the better product no question about it. However, if they continue to do stupid things (splash mountain, etc) and don’t invest well in new attractions……universal is gaining ground. This is really not even a debatable point, it’s verifiable fact.

I want Disney to get their act together both at the parks and in the cinema. Because when they both are thrilling their core customers……the stock price will actually perform again.

I think it could definitely be used as a regular hotel with a great theme. There is no swimming in the galaxy anyway. ;)

However, if they continue to do stupid things (splash mountain, etc) and don’t invest well in new attractions……universal is gaining ground. This is really not even a debatable point, it’s verifiable fact.

I want Disney to get their act together both at the parks and in the cinema. Because when they both are thrilling their core customers……the stock price will actually perform again.
What is "stupid" about Splash Mountain?
Ditto.

Who's to say Tiana's wont be great, &/or even better?
I'm sure people thought changing Indian Village to Critter Country was a bad idea, but i think it turned out ok.

Also curious what the "etc" part refers to. lol

I would like to see it re imagined as a Star Wars Themed hotel, maybe not as inclusive or immersive, but still offer many of the experiences at a reasonable price. I think that would sell. Or leave it empty, but as a dining option and an attraction that you can go through.
The hotel was not built for that. No pool. No outside areas. Rooms are too small. Not enough rooms to cover fixed costs. Reasonable price? Not a chance. Disney would probably have to offer club level offerings, and club level pricing.

The hotel was not built for that. No pool. No outside areas. Rooms are too small. Not enough rooms to cover fixed costs. Reasonable price? Not a chance. Disney would probably have to offer club level offerings, and club level pricing.
Maybe it could be a whole club level type of hotel.? (mix themed dining with odd type accommodations)

The question is, is there enough Star Wars fans to keep it full.

And there's no way that Disney could possibly change anything. Obviously.

Disney could offer two 3-hour sessions, similar to the way they previewed it for the press and influencers. AM session that starts at 8, goes to 11, and the PM session starts at 12, goes to 3, starting with a the orientation of the ship, then a staggered schedule of brunch with Gaya, light saber and bridge training, engineering room activities (don't want to give too much away in case they do this), and guests are free to come and go to the bar/lounge, store, and discover the ship. After each session, a guaranteed entry to Oga's and optional droid build. Transports can begin an hour before the starts from Batuu or you can use the valet option from Earth, if you don't have a park ticket. This still leaves the guest a lot of time to explore Hollywood Studios, if they would like.

We spoke with some of the bartenders while we were on for our final voyage, suggesting this, and they said that this was already in discussions with their leadership and executives. Essentially they were inquiring as to guest behavior and if they think the compressed experience would work. I believe writing off the loss and rebooting it like this might prove more valuable and sustainable in the long run. A girl can dream!

Disney could offer two 3-hour sessions, similar to the way they previewed it for the press and influencers. AM session that starts at 8, goes to 11, and the PM session starts at 12, goes to 3, starting with a the orientation of the ship, then a staggered schedule of brunch with Gaya, light saber and bridge training, engineering room activities (don't want to give too much away in case they do this), and guests are free to come and go to the bar/lounge, store, and discover the ship. After each session, a guaranteed entry to Oga's and optional droid build. Transports can begin an hour before the starts from Batuu or you can use the valet option from Earth, if you don't have a park ticket. This still leaves the guest a lot of time to explore Hollywood Studios, if they would like.

We spoke with some of the bartenders while we were on for our final voyage, suggesting this, and they said that this was already in discussions with their leadership and executives. Essentially they were inquiring as to guest behavior and if they think the compressed experience would work. I believe writing off the loss and rebooting it like this might prove more valuable and sustainable in the long run. A girl can dream!
I agree, it seems like there is enough interest in Star Wars in general to make it work, just need to tweak it to be more accessible & affordable.

If Disney tries to do this it will show that they have not learned the main lesson from their expensive mistake, namely that the public in general do not enjoy dress-up and role-play anywhere near as much as the creative geniuses at Disney thought. For most people wanting "a tour of a ship", the line and waiting area for MFSR will suffice, and except for the most extroverted, the couple of minutes of playing along on ROTR is all the role-play they need.

If Disney tries to do this it will show that they have not learned the main lesson from their expensive mistake, namely that the public in general do not enjoy dress-up and role-play anywhere near as much as the creative geniuses at Disney thought. For most people wanting "a tour of a ship", the line and waiting area for MFSR will suffice, and except for the most extroverted, the couple of minutes of playing along on ROTR is all the role-play they need.

I agree. They took interactive play a bit too far with this stuff. I think they should use the space for a destination dinner with a Star Wars show, etc. If possible, expand out the hotel into more of a regular resort with the usual amenities loke a pool, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter